BG Melbourne Meet Up

This is the section for national/regional topics, other topics intended for specific groups of people, as well as for any kind of spam or game topics (including "Now Playing" threads).
stuey

#701 Post by stuey » 28 Dec 2007 14:47

Stormster wrote:Girlfriend broke out with the Chickenpox on christmas eve. So naturally with Christmas being the next day and her birthday boxing day, i had to be around her. Im definately gonna get it, ive never had it before, havent been vaccinated against it either. Went to the doctors yesterday, pretty much said if i've had physical contact (like being around her, no we didnt have sex lol) then i've pretty much got it considering i wasnt vaccinated beforehand. So yay. Any tips people? Another great present for me before Maiden. I swear come maiden, its just gonna be air guitaring and headbanging till im passed out or till my head fals off.
Stormster! Oh dear! Should,ve had sex with her! If you were going to get chickenpox with just having physical contact, then why not get the illness in grand style :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stuey

#702 Post by stuey » 28 Dec 2007 14:51

Ha ha Psycho 69, I beat you for top of the page honours :shock:

Psycho69

#703 Post by Psycho69 » 28 Dec 2007 21:31

You are welcome, stuey!
I didn`t want to get too annoying, after all I´m only guest in this topic :wink:
Manowar! Mein Bier ist schon vader slayer!

Bard_88

#704 Post by Bard_88 » 29 Dec 2007 00:20

stuey wrote:
Stormster wrote:Girlfriend broke out with the Chickenpox on christmas eve. So naturally with Christmas being the next day and her birthday boxing day, i had to be around her. Im definately gonna get it, ive never had it before, havent been vaccinated against it either. Went to the doctors yesterday, pretty much said if i've had physical contact (like being around her, no we didnt have sex lol) then i've pretty much got it considering i wasnt vaccinated beforehand. So yay. Any tips people? Another great present for me before Maiden. I swear come maiden, its just gonna be air guitaring and headbanging till im passed out or till my head fals off.
Stormster! Oh dear! Should,ve had sex with her! If you were going to get chickenpox with just having physical contact, then why not get the illness in grand style :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
"YES I AM !...I AM THE PERFECT GENTLEMAN !"

stuey

#705 Post by stuey » 29 Dec 2007 02:51

Psycho69 wrote:You are welcome, stuey!
I didn`t want to get too annoying, after all I´m only guest in this topic :wink:
Feel free to get very annoying Psycho :lol: :lol:
Currently listening to Helloween,s Gambling With The Devil which makes me question you Bard 88 about thinking that this band is past it :shock: Personally dont agree dude! This album is fantastic. Would put it up there with whats on the Keeper Of The Seven Keys DVD :D

Bard_88

#706 Post by Bard_88 » 29 Dec 2007 03:07

stuey wrote:
Psycho69 wrote:You are welcome, stuey!
Feel free to get very annoying Psycho :lol: :lol:
Currently listening to Helloween,s Gambling With The Devil which makes me question you Bard 88 about thinking that this band is past it :shock: Personally dont agree dude! This album is fantastic. Would put it up there with whats on the Keeper Of The Seven Keys DVD :D
Well I guess they probaly still got it, but no doubt they are just a flicker now compared to what they were at the turn of the 90 's. GET THEIR FIRST THREE ALBUMS !!! Or get Treasure Chest, which is a good best of. I've actually may be able to get their setlist for Feb from a very reliable source if someone is interested. They've had an interesting history as well. If you get a chance read this wiki article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helloween

cowboys

#707 Post by cowboys » 29 Dec 2007 09:14

I love my Helloween - have been a fan for literally 20 years, and reckon that the new CD is probably the best thing that they have done since Keys Part 2.

Cannot wait to see them live.

Am seriously contemplating going to WASP as well - their newie DOMINATOR is a cracker of an album, and Blackie puts on a grand show live.

Thanks for the cricket ticket Stu - looking forward to it!!!

Hope everyone had a good xmas. Mine wasn't bad - drive back up here to Brisbane from Newcastle the day after Boxing Day was a task though. The traffic :shock:

Girlfriend and her daughter are slowly settling in here though :)

Hope everyone had a great Xmas, and have a fantastic New Year!!

stuey

#708 Post by stuey » 29 Dec 2007 09:34

It is offical, i,m coming to Melbourne for Helloween :D :D :D
Booked flights earlier! Listening to shitloads of them & Vanishing Point at the moment, which along with Black Majesty will make a sensational gig!! Now whats this Aaron about going to Red Moon but not the concert first :?: :?: :?: Bard 88, think we,ll have to track him down & drag his arse there!!
Will now have to decide whether to take an extra night off work to go to the Sydney show as well. Interested in going Stormster? Like Cowboys,cant wait to see them live! Will get round to buying their other albums as well very very soon.

Stormster

#709 Post by Stormster » 31 Dec 2007 13:23

stuey, im going sydney helloween gig. I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO GOTO MELBOURNE, but seirously, i cant. 5 maiden shows have drained all my funds, I can enjoy myself, but need to be realistic.I dont want to have a 50k debt come the end of my time at uni. I already have a 12k debt, that will be doubled this year, so yeh, isnt wise goin melb. BEFORE I FORGET, HAPPY NEW YEARS PEOPLE. I ACTUALLY GOT UNTIL FRIDAY OFF AT WORK! So im heading down the coast. Fuck yes! I love it down there. Its an escape from the city, from work, from responsibility, its sunny, swimming and fishign galore. Its so cool.Love ya's, im leaving in like 10mins.

Cowboys - Love you man, hope you're new girlfriend and daughter go on forever!

Stuey - You're a champ mate. Bid your brother farewell for me, and keep enjoying yaself mate. Girls are hard to find but dont lower your level for scum mate, just keep waiting until u meet the right one.

Ari - A guy i hardly know, yet because of you, there is a photo of you, i, marcus, and aandre, signed, i walked past it everyday. I cannot thankyou enbough, and cant wait to catch up with you come maiden!!!!!!!!

Filip - You were a champ when i was in melbourne. Cant wait to meet ya again! I'll probably come melbourne from the 1st to the 4th, so one day before maiden we getting plastered boys!!!

Anwar - aka aussie_bard, doesnt come on the forum much nowadays, but he knows how much i respect him, enough said.

Haldamir - You're a champ mate. I love you cause u so genuinely love BG like all of us. Seeya in Brissy for maiden! Fucking Champ.

Eti - If you ever see this, you are the second coolest chick in the world,. after my girlfriend of course!

To anyone else i forgot - got nothing much to say.

Psycho - You're a champ, keep posting in here, just dont try to get the top post on each page u fucker!!

In conclusion, i loved BG fellas, it was awesome, can't wait tomeet you's again, and it will happen when i come down to melbourne and up to brisbane for maiden. Rock on fellas, dont forget how fun BG was, i have all of you to thank for that.You guys understood how much i liked BG, for that i am forever grateful. ENJOY TONIGHT AND 2008 AND DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH! LOVE YAS!

Bard_88

#710 Post by Bard_88 » 01 Jan 2008 07:37

Hey guys happy new year to all ! I have to say, that last night was the funest and craziest night I have ever had in my life. Went to a house party with a few mates and we all went fucking mental. It was like everyone was on LSD or something but we were all just drinking ! Some of my mates (not me ofcourse :mrgreen: ) were just sitting on the front lawn naked smoking and just waving down whoever drove past :lol: Let off a massive amount of fireworks in the backyard as well. Anways, was listening to alot of BG as well last night which was awesome as I haven't in a while. Stormster, hope all turned out well on the coast and looking forward to catching up again ! Helloween is shaping to be a real treat as well now that I know quite a few ppl going, will be awesome.

stuey

#711 Post by stuey » 01 Jan 2008 08:39

Happy New Year everybody!! Hope everyone had a blast. Had a good one myself last night. Had live music for the first time on NYE at my place which was cool! Mick who was up from Melb bought his guitar with him (he does solo gigs in melb pubs) & Whitey dusted off his drum kit to belt out some tunes :D :D When they weren,t doing their thing, songs from Whiteys ipod were played loud & proud, which included BG, Helloween & Tesla on my behalf. I,ve been recorded on my video camera going off to Mirror Mirror! Great stuff :D :D :D
Not surprising, i,ll be taking extra night off work for helloween,s sydney show! Good news for you Stormster is that you should be able to farewell my brother yourself. 95% sure he,ll come to helloween, if he doesn,t i,ll disown him :lol: :lol: He wont be leaving for Canada though until later in the year so you should see him beforehand.
Thats about it for now, have to go start the usual New Years Day cleanup of the apartment :(
Final word, bring on 2008 :D

Psycho69

#712 Post by Psycho69 » 01 Jan 2008 14:59

A fuckin`great 2008 to you all! I hope you had a good start.

Aaron Sheehan

#713 Post by Aaron Sheehan » 02 Jan 2008 01:45

Happy Fucking New Year!

I would of posted earlier, but Friday night at Red Moon was awesome, and I stayed at my GF's place, then Sat, Sun, Mon Tues she stayed at my place 8)

We had the house to ourselves Monday morning onwards, but damn it has been HOT! No air con for me, just pissy fans.

NYE was spent making absolutely awesome burgers with my GF, who is a vegetarian...I turned her back to meat !

Well, my burgers at least :lol: Then it was the Sonata Arctica DVD and beers, sex before the DVD finished and then a beer and large cigar sitting outside. Very relaxing NYE :P

I really CBF today at work, and need to clean the house when I get home.

Glad you guys seemed to have a good week, just wait til MAIDEN!!

Sorry to hear about the 'pox Stormster, they suck and even more so if it makes it to your genital region (had em all over me when I was about 6). Just make sure your GF gives you lots of loving ;)

And damn it's good having a GF that will sit down and watch Metal DVD's with you, drink beer and take a bit of rough and tumble. And play or watch me play some PES 2008. Oh and come to Maiden with me!

Yes, I am happy :twisted:

Anyway, I can't wait to catch up with you all. Now we know each other, it should be more fun!

Aaron

Stormster

#714 Post by Stormster » 04 Jan 2008 04:14

LOL good to see everyone had a good time. Naked guys waving down cars, sex during a Sonata dvd, but most of all, ROCKING TO MIRROR MIRROR. Stuey, i want a post on youtube please, much like my rendition of the wickerman by maiden. If you wanna view it goto http://www.youtube.com snf type "stormster"

Aaron Sheehan

#715 Post by Aaron Sheehan » 04 Jan 2008 08:05

Man that was bad :P

Guys, see if you like Raintime.

www.myspace.com/raintime

Haldamir

#716 Post by Haldamir » 04 Jan 2008 17:50

Belated Happy New Year to everyone, and thankyou for the kind words Stormster.

stuey

#717 Post by stuey » 05 Jan 2008 05:52

Was only thinking recently how Aussie Bard hasnt been on here for a while. Anyone know how hes going?

Stormster

#718 Post by Stormster » 06 Jan 2008 06:42

stuey wrote:Was only thinking recently how Aussie Bard hasnt been on here for a while. Anyone know how hes going?
He's doing good. I talk to him on msn and on another forum. He hardly posts there too. He's pretty much just working, like 5-6 days/nights a week, he's either been elevated to a higher position at his work or they're understaffed, not sure. But he's doing fine, ill tell him to stop by.

stuey

#719 Post by stuey » 06 Jan 2008 08:04

Hey Stormster, how does a free concert with Cowboys sound?Looking to get rid of my Nightwish sydney ticket. this is because as I now want to go to see Dream Theater & would mean having to chuck 2 sickies in 3 days :x Guess something has to give with so many gigs & unfriendly working hours for gigs :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Dont worry Cowboys, i,ll still be seeing Nightwish with you in Brisbane, just their Sydney show isnt convenient for me now. Wont charge you for the ticket Stormster, as I know you probably wouldn,t go otherwise! Is on fri feb 1 at the Enmore. Ticket is in the front section which i,m sure is also what Cowboys has. Let me no asap if interested.
Also joined the Helloween forum last night, doesn,t appear to currently have any other aussies on it :shock: seems that the moderator posted info about their australian tour but no ones responded!

Haldamir

#720 Post by Haldamir » 07 Jan 2008 08:46

So does anybody know who is supporting Nightwish and Iron Maiden yet?

Psycho69

#721 Post by Psycho69 » 07 Jan 2008 11:17

In Germany Pain is support-act for Nightwish, but as far as I know they aren`t with them everywhere. btw, you`ll see Nightwish earlier. Could one of you try to post the setlist?

Haldamir

#722 Post by Haldamir » 07 Jan 2008 15:24

^^^sure thing.

stuey

#723 Post by stuey » 07 Jan 2008 15:34

Haldamir wrote:So does anybody know who is supporting Nightwish and Iron Maiden yet?
Over to you Cowboys!

Haldamir

#724 Post by Haldamir » 07 Jan 2008 17:34

stuey wrote:
Haldamir wrote:So does anybody know who is supporting Nightwish and Iron Maiden yet?
Over to you Cowboys!
...Does he know?

Bard_88

#725 Post by Bard_88 » 08 Jan 2008 02:20

Lauren Harris (Steve Harris' daughter) will be one of the opening acts for Maiden :roll: . She's preety hot though.

stuey

#726 Post by stuey » 08 Jan 2008 17:40

Psycho69 wrote:In Germany Pain is support-act for Nightwish, but as far as I know they aren`t with them everywhere. btw, you`ll see Nightwish earlier. Could one of you try to post the setlist?
You,re correct there Psycho! Chances of Pain supporting Nightwish here would be about 5 trillion to 1!
Speaking of Nightwish, its about time I gave them some attention again. with my newfound love of Helloween & Vanishing Point, nothing else is getting a lookin at the moment. Even BLIND GUARDIAN has disappeared into the background :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Will try to remember that i,ll be seeing Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Baby Animals & probably Dream Theater first, so the musical love must be shared :D

Bard_88

#727 Post by Bard_88 » 10 Jan 2008 01:06

There seems to be another dodgy opening act confirmed for Maiden :roll:

http://www.myspace.com/behindcrimsoneyes

Aaron Sheehan

#728 Post by Aaron Sheehan » 10 Jan 2008 16:10

I was messaged today that Vanishing Point are supporting Maiden too.

Confirmed on their homepage:

http://www.vanishing-point.com.au/content/main.html

stuey

#729 Post by stuey » 10 Jan 2008 17:21

Aaron Sheehan wrote:I was messaged today that Vanishing Point are supporting Maiden too.

Confirmed on their homepage:

http://www.vanishing-point.com.au/content/main.html
Melbourne & Perth shows only! I,ve been denied again :x :x :x :x
Although some good news is that singer Silvio Massaro informed me that they do plan to play in Sydney later in the year around the time of the release of an accoustic album! :D :D Now have his email address due to buying merchandise from their website :D :D

Haldamir

#730 Post by Haldamir » 10 Jan 2008 19:04

Bard_88 wrote:There seems to be another dodgy opening act confirmed for Maiden :roll:

http://www.myspace.com/behindcrimsoneyes
Bummer.

Stormster

#731 Post by Stormster » 10 Jan 2008 19:23

Hey stuey i am not sure if i can go due to work, but i should be able to. You sure u cant get the night fof work wanker? Ask around, see if someone else wants the ticket, if u cant find anyone ill take it.

Bard_88

#732 Post by Bard_88 » 11 Jan 2008 12:57

Good to hear that VP are opening :D Tommorow I'm off to the NSW coast for a one week holiday

stuey

#733 Post by stuey » 11 Jan 2008 14:31

Stormster wrote:Hey stuey i am not sure if i can go due to work, but i should be able to. You sure u cant get the night fof work wanker? Ask around, see if someone else wants the ticket, if u cant find anyone ill take it.
Have mentioned it to a couple of people who,ll let me no if they find someone interested. Will wait until earlier that week then if no ones interested i,ll go, otherwise if I can get rid of it then i,ll go to Dream Theater instead.

stuey

#734 Post by stuey » 18 Jan 2008 18:12

HELL WAS MADE IN HEAVEN! Ah shit hang on, wrong forum :lol: How is everybody going? Thought i,d get the thread back to life again. Will now head over to Helloween,s. Speaking of which, if anyone else here wants to join it then please do! At last check the aussie fans on it numbered 3!! More needed!!!!! Cheers everybody & long live both Blind Guardian & Helloween :D :D

Bard_88

#735 Post by Bard_88 » 19 Jan 2008 06:56

Just came back from Terrigal near Gosford on the NSW coast. Killer spot. I stuffed up my ear sinuses though. Haven't slept last couple of nights because whenever I put pressure on my ear the pain keeps me awake :evil: . Well 2008 so far is shaping up to be a promising gig year, Maiden and Helloween in Feb, WASP possibly also Iced Earth very likely. Have to say last year was a bit of a dissapointment besides Blind Guardian. Just picked up Gambling With The Devil, given it one listen and it's not bad so far. Doesn't touch their earlier stuff though.

Bard_88

#736 Post by Bard_88 » 20 Jan 2008 04:35

My bad. WA.S.P already confirmed and tickets are on sale.

8 Apr 2008 8:00 P Metro Theatre Sydney,AUSTRALIA
10 Apr 2008 8:00 P The Tivoli Brisbane,AUSTRALIA
13 Apr 2008 8:00 P Thebarton Theatre Adelaide,AUSTRALIA
15 Apr 2008 8:00 P Forum Theatre Melbourne,AUSTRALIA

cowboys

#737 Post by cowboys » 20 Jan 2008 07:31

Hi all - life with the new 'instant family' is good. Tiring, and time consuming (hence why I haven't posted here much lately :P ), but very very good.

Just to clear up the Maiden deal - supports for SYD and BRIS are Lauren Harris and Behind Crimson Eyes *shudder*, whereas supports for MELB and PERTH are Lauren Harris and Vanishing Point.

Why am I going to Sydney and not Melb? :P

No idea who the support is for Nightwish yet either :(

Punk tour coming up soon that will be a lot of fun - Pennywise, Sum 41, The Vandals, and Bowling For Soup. I shall attend methinks.

WASP would be grand, but tickets are $90 *eeep*! So I'll give it a miss - have seen them before anyway. 2004 in Greece. They rocked. Verily. Their support is the Aussie band "The Poor" - had 15 minutes of fame about 10 years ago. Most recognisable song was "More wine waiter please".

Big Festival in N.Z. (Wellington) at easter time. WHITESNAKE, ALICE COOPER, OZZY OSBOURNE, LORDI, and POISON. POISON and WHITESNAKE are both trying to line up a few Australian gigs, so if 'snake come to brissie, I may attend that one!

Big month coming up for me! Nightwish in Sydney on the 1st, Brisbane on the 2nd, Iron Maiden in Sydney on the 9th, Soundwave Festival in Brisbane on the 23rd, then Helloween in Brisbane on the 26th :D

Psycho69

#738 Post by Psycho69 » 20 Jan 2008 10:55

Nice plans! Have fun everywhere!
I saw Helloween last week. Great, as usual 8) Nightwish will play here at the 24th. For Iron Maiden I have to wait until Wacken.
WASP were at the last Bang Your Head- Festival(best playback-show ever :lol: ) but I`ve hear that their last shows were rather weak.

stuey

#739 Post by stuey » 20 Jan 2008 14:32

Poison tour :shock: :shock: :shock: To quote the late wrestling commentator Gorilla Monsoon " Oh would you be serious" :D Must confess i,ve always been a fan of Poison but never seen them live. They have been out before (88 I think!) so they dont qualify under the " Tour Australia for the first time in 20 years rule". Would be at that with bells on though. Long live glam :lol: :lol:

Stormster

#740 Post by Stormster » 22 Jan 2008 06:16

Are poison touring? Stuey i cant make it to nightwish, sorry mate. Get cowboys, or u can do it, to go on the LORD forum and sell it for cheap in the buy and sell thread they have.

Bard_88

#741 Post by Bard_88 » 22 Jan 2008 11:20

Looks like I should be going WASP. Looking forward to it.

stuey

#742 Post by stuey » 22 Jan 2008 17:20

Hey guys, put the radio on JJJ,s Full Metal Racket at work last night & caught a major Iron Maiden announcement! Apparently someone is making a documentry & they want to interview fans at the Sydney & Melbourne shows to be in it. Believe that you have to email maiden@metalhistory.com & explain why you like the band, how bigger fan you are etc. They,ll then decide from that who gets to be interviewed & filmed at the gigs. Imagine you,ll be getting right onto it Stormster!

stuey

#743 Post by stuey » 28 Jan 2008 15:39

Thought I should bring the thread to life again otherwise it could start singing Welcome To Dying :lol: Everyone had a good Australia Day Long Weekend???

cowboys

#744 Post by cowboys » 29 Jan 2008 06:52

Weekend good. Looking forward to this weekend now - Nightwish, more Nightwish, and Cricket :-D

Word on the street is that EYEFEAR are supporting Nightwish in Melbourne and Sydney. Haven't heard who is supporting in Brisbane though.

EDIT: Scratch that - my good friends LORD are support in Sydney!!!

*does the happy dance* :P

Stormster

#745 Post by Stormster » 29 Jan 2008 09:03

ANWAR is organising the afterparty, or has organised it, he's the brains behiond all this. Its at the CORNER HOTEL in Melbourne. Could melbournites please post the address. Its before and after the gig, whenever u wanna rock up, on both nights. They will be there sometime during then.

In regards to a sydney maiden meetup, me and a few others at BDU (http://www.beastdownunder.com have organised to meet at the NOVOTEL pub, which is right next to TELSTRA (now ANZ) stadium and ACER ARENA!!!! The pub is downstairs and about 200m walk from OLYMPIC PARK train station. BRING IT ON FELLAS!!

Bard_88

#746 Post by Bard_88 » 29 Jan 2008 09:38

57 Swan St Richmond.

Probaly the closest or at least well known pub to the venue. Google Map below.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=57+Swa ... p&ct=title

stuey

#747 Post by stuey » 29 Jan 2008 17:34

Looks like i,ll be seeing you at The Novotel ( homebush Bay Brewery) before the 2nd show Stormster! Only Maiden gig that i,m now attending cause i,m selling my 1st show ticket to a mate of mine :shock:
Will also get in touch with you Cowboys on Friday.
Oh yeah, was surprised to hear that Lord is supporting Nightwish in Sydney. Thought i,d seen the end of them!

Stormster

#748 Post by Stormster » 30 Jan 2008 23:59

^^ LORD?? They are by no means dead, just released a new album 6 months ago, just need to find a new permanent guitarist, thats probably why they havent been gigging much, they had a ig two weeks ago in Sydney but i was fishing so couldnt go.

Bard_88

#749 Post by Bard_88 » 31 Jan 2008 00:48

Won FTTB for both Melb shows !! Fuck yeah !!!! I'm pumped and at work, can't be bothered doing anything !

Aaron Sheehan

#750 Post by Aaron Sheehan » 02 Feb 2008 03:18