BG Melbourne Meet Up

This is the section for national/regional topics, other topics intended for specific groups of people, as well as for any kind of spam or game topics (including "Now Playing" threads).
Psycho69

#801 Post by Psycho69 » 22 Mar 2008 11:46

Yep, happy easter to you all!
Manowar! Mein Bier ist schon vader slayer!

Stormster

#802 Post by Stormster » 22 Mar 2008 14:55

lol psycho you're a cunt, how the fuck do u do that! You must read our posts daily and notice when posts have reached their limit and then post. You fucker!

Haldamir

#803 Post by Haldamir » 26 Mar 2008 10:13

Stormster wrote:lol psycho you're a cunt, how the fuck do u do that! You must read our posts daily and notice when posts have reached their limit and then post. You fucker!
You've got to admire the dedication though.

stuey

#804 Post by stuey » 27 Mar 2008 03:07

Hey guys. Reporting in from Melbourne where the planned quiet week due to having to save for the Caribbean is not eventuating due to the Melbourne International Comedy Festival!! Catching on average about 2 shows a day & wanting more! Love it.
Also with Whitesnake down here on sunday, the support band is called Electric Mary! Anyone heard their stuff :?: :?:

stuey

#805 Post by stuey » 27 Mar 2008 03:09

Stormster wrote:lol psycho you're a cunt, how the fuck do u do that! You must read our posts daily and notice when posts have reached their limit and then post. You fucker!
Think you,ll find Stormster that Psycho explained it all on the previous page (I think!)

Stormster

#806 Post by Stormster » 27 Mar 2008 07:37

Have fun stu!! WASP coming up soon, got HAIR GUITAR this saturday. 80's cover band, fuck yeah!

stuey

#807 Post by stuey » 28 Mar 2008 02:50

Stormster wrote:Have fun stu!! WASP coming up soon, got HAIR GUITAR this saturday. 80's cover band, fuck yeah!
Thats what you call seriously good shit. Keep a look out Stormster for a guy known as The Cat In The Hat. Used to be seen at alot at gigs in the 80,s & early 90,s dressed up so shockingly glam it was ridiculous :lol:

Stormster

#808 Post by Stormster » 29 Mar 2008 06:28

How were Whitesnake?

stuey

#809 Post by stuey » 29 Mar 2008 09:49

Whitesnake in Melb is tomorrow night (sun) played in Sydney last night which my brother was going to but decided against it! Therefore no first hand account!!

cowboys

#810 Post by cowboys » 03 Apr 2008 01:29

So Stuey - how was Whitesnake?

I found a review of the Adelaide show - sounds like it was well worth seeing!!

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/reviews/ ... 310308.htm

Nothing much happening here - no concerts on the horizon, still loving life with the girlfriend :D

Oh - I am going to be working for a new company next month too :P Our I.T. department has been outsourced to a mob called "EDS". I'm gonna cash in all my accrued long service leave and annual leave, sell my shares with the current mob, and we all get a 'sign on bonus' of 10% of our annual salary too!!

So I get a VERY tidy lump sum (tax will be killer though :cry: ), get to wave goodbye to an employer I couldn't care less about, and walk into a new job with a very impressive-sounding company!!

stuey

#811 Post by stuey » 05 Apr 2008 04:22

Enjoyed Whitesnake & the support band Electric Mary. Good way to end my trip!
Will send the Helloween discs to you next week Cowboys. There is one disc with photos of the instore & the gig, plus another 2 of the Sydney gig itself! Wasnt expecting the latter but obviously George decided to copy a bootleg. Cool :D

Stormster

#812 Post by Stormster » 10 Apr 2008 04:19

According to my mates dad, Whitesnake were fantastic, thats the general word i've heard through others aswell. WASP were good to, and Hair Guitar rocked my socks off! Bring on LORD (May 24th) and Saxon (a couple of weeks before that?).

cowboys

#813 Post by cowboys » 16 Apr 2008 01:53

Stuey - got the cds from you, so will work on putting the photos and audio up onto the web over the next few days!!

Have fun at SAXON stormster!

Another old old old school metal band is making the journey to Australia....UFO!
They will be playing 2 shows only:

Sunday July 20th @ Billboard The Venue,Melbourne

http://www.billboardthevenue.com.au/bbtv/

Tues day July 22nd @ The Metro Theatre,Sydney

http://www.metrotheatre.com.au/events/metro

UFO was born out of the 70's hard rock scene and has become a major influence on many of todays Hard Rock and Metal stars. Once featuring legendary shredder and SCORPIONS guitarist Michael Schenker the band released solid album after album throughout the 70's and early 80's. The current line up features guitar god Vinnie Moore .

Tickets should be on sale soon.
http://www.ufo-music.info/news.htm

Bard_88

#814 Post by Bard_88 » 16 Apr 2008 03:18

Hey guys...been a while since I posted...went to WASP last night had a great time...top show...
"YES I AM !...I AM THE PERFECT GENTLEMAN !"

cowboys

#815 Post by cowboys » 19 Apr 2008 06:17

Glad to hear that WASP was good bard! How big was the crowd? I was worried there would not be a good turn-out due to the rather high ticket price!!

Stuey sent some stuff from Sydney's Helloween show to upload on his behalf (including a really good audio bootleg, which I uploaded as individual MP3s in two seperate zip files!), and here it is :D

PICS
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25697638@N ... 558828674/

AUDIO
http://rapidshare.com/files/107845560/H ... A.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/107848092/H ... B.zip.html

And a couple of quick videos:

HALLOWEEN - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YoPTzmDPM

IF I COULD FLY - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Of718b_R3T0

Bard_88

#816 Post by Bard_88 » 19 Apr 2008 06:43

I only went to the first night in Melbourne but the crowd was very good. Would have to been sold if out if not close to sold out as the forum was absolutely packed ! The only thing that kind of spoilt the night was that Blackie had a backing track playing during the Crimson Idol set. Quite noticeable when he pulled his head away from the mike and there was no change in the volume of the vocals :? Onthe second night fans were given the opportunity to choose the setlist and it went as follows:

On your knees
Welcome to the electric circus
Hate(not sure if this is the short version of a title)
Love Machine
Wild Child
Widowmaker
Sleeping in the Fire
The Real Me
The Headless Children
Heavens Hung
I wanna Be Somebody

(break)

Chainsaw Charlie
Take me up
The Idol
Blind In Texas

stuey

#817 Post by stuey » 27 Apr 2008 15:11

Ok thats enough! Cant sit by & watch the thread disappear into oblivion any more! Nothing happening at all in terms of gigs, mainly due to my caribbean trip now less than 3 weeks away. Which brings me to catching up with people before I go away. For those in Melbourne its next weekend (sat may 3-mon may 5), decided to spend extra money on rescheduling a trip that I had booked for June (which was booked last Oct before the caribbean was a reality!) so to Aaron & Bard 88 I hope sat night somewhere sounds good! Either that or after the bombers game on Sunday is good for me!
For the reference of stormster, I,ll be having drinks here in Sydney on Sat May 10 & its looking like its going to be huge! Quite a few people are keen already. Will be in the city on George st not far from the Metro so if you,re not working then it will be well worth your time!
As for you in Brisbane cowboys, well its with regret that I announce you,ll be missing out :( :( :( :(
Not sure when i,ll get to Brisbane again, but considering that once I get my Broome trip finished after the Caribbean i,ll be out of holidays & out of money! :x Even Melb trips will become extinct for a long time so hope to see you when you come to Sydney dude!!
Caribbean = Party time :D :D :D :D :D

Haldamir

#818 Post by Haldamir » 01 May 2008 04:31

I haven't dropped by in a while so how is everyone going?

Stuey, the Caribbean? Thats sounds awesome, how long are you going for?

stuey

#819 Post by stuey » 01 May 2008 17:25

Haldamir wrote:I haven't dropped by in a while so how is everyone going?

Not the only one who hasnt dropped in for a while Haldamir! Could make this thread our own the way its going! Hey psycho, if your still out there, feel free to post more often than just the top of the page!!! Any contribution would be great. How is the german weather???
About 5 weeks in the caribbean Haldamir! Then fly to London for a few days before heading home. Will have plenty of photos for you all to look at. You should also be able to see me on fox sports during the coverage of the cricket!

Stormster

#820 Post by Stormster » 04 May 2008 23:23

Im not sure if im working Saturday stuey, but chances are I cant come cause ive already got a friends party to go to. Howeger, if that falls through, i will let you know. If it does then i will probbaly come with amanda. If not, have fun man. Your lifeis a holiday, its all you do!!

stuey

#821 Post by stuey » 05 May 2008 18:25

Stormster wrote:Im not sure if im working Saturday stuey, but chances are I cant come cause ive already got a friends party to go to. Howeger, if that falls through, i will let you know. If it does then i will probbaly come with amanda. If not, have fun man. Your lifeis a holiday, its all you do!!
No worries mate. Hope you have a great night whatever you end up doing! Will have plenty of time to catch up from August onwards because thats when my life wont be a holiday anymore :( or at least for a bloody long time afterwards.
BTW, do you wear your Winger shirt much Stormster?? My brother mentioned your purchase from the metro last november once again recently :lol: :lol: Think he finds it hard to believe that you liked Winger enough to buy their shirt :shock: :shock:

stuey

#822 Post by stuey » 05 May 2008 18:26

Stormster wrote:Im not sure if im working Saturday stuey, but chances are I cant come cause ive already got a friends party to go to. Howeger, if that falls through, i will let you know. If it does then i will probbaly come with amanda. If not, have fun man. Your lifeis a holiday, its all you do!!
No worries mate. Hope you have a great night whatever you end up doing! Will have plenty of time to catch up from August onwards because thats when my life wont be a holiday anymore :( or at least for a bloody long time afterwards.
BTW, do you wear your Winger shirt much Stormster?? My brother mentioned your purchase from the metro last november once again recently :lol: :lol: Think he finds it hard to believe that you liked Winger enough to buy their shirt :shock: :shock:

Haldamir

#823 Post by Haldamir » 08 May 2008 12:56

stuey wrote:

Not the only one who hasnt dropped in for a while Haldamir! Could make this thread our own the way its going! Hey psycho, if your still out there, feel free to post more often than just the top of the page!!! Any contribution would be great. How is the german weather???
About 5 weeks in the caribbean Haldamir! Then fly to London for a few days before heading home. Will have plenty of photos for you all to look at. You should also be able to see me on fox sports during the coverage of the cricket!
Damn thats sweet. How many tests/one dayers are they playing over there?

stuey

#824 Post by stuey » 11 May 2008 05:40

Haldamir wrote:
stuey wrote:

Damn thats sweet. How many tests/one dayers are they playing over there?
3 tests to start with then a 20/20 then 5 one dayers. Just going for the tests then fly to London for a few days before heading home!

Stormster

#825 Post by Stormster » 15 May 2008 13:09

stuey wrote:
Nah man i dont, its too small! Winger sounded goods live man! Say winger boy SAYS hello to your brother for me!

Stormster

#826 Post by Stormster » 15 May 2008 13:20

What do people think o the new Blind Guardian song in the Sacred video game trailer? Or at least the 30 scond clip from the song? I don't really like it.

Stormster

#827 Post by Stormster » 11 Jun 2008 22:20

We're dying here without Stuey! Hope he's doing well. Who the fuck is going to PRIEST! Fuck yes!

stuey

#828 Post by stuey » 20 Jun 2008 17:14

just checked the thread for the 1st time since I left home! looks like I havent missed much!! Will finally arrive home next wednesday night, will try & get the thread cranking again from then :D

Bard_88

#829 Post by Bard_88 » 21 Jun 2008 01:07

I'm still alive...barely...at work now but just watched the croatia turkey game and am feeling preety shattered. Missus is making me feel like just banging my head in the wall...But yes, Judas Priest looking very much forward to that should be good. I scored front floor standing tickets too.

stuey

#830 Post by stuey » 27 Jun 2008 06:08

Will probably go to Judas Priest but cant say for sure at this stage. Def Leppard & Cheap Trick is a virtual certainty. Will also probably take a trip into the city one August night to see a band called Dragon. Will wait until next week though when i,m back at work to see whats happening there though before I make any definate plans! Will either have a new job or at least different work hours in a couple of months. Either way, hope to be working during the day again. Be great to go to gigs again & not have to worry about having the day off just to go to them!!!!

cowboys

#831 Post by cowboys » 03 Jul 2008 07:13

Wow its quiet in here :P Hi all! First time I've been in here for a while - life is kinda insane.

What with me getting engaged, and me going to be a father early next year :shock: :D :D

Life is good! Lots of tours coming up, but I have to be very selective. One gig I will NOT be missing though is DRAGONFORCE in October!

Bard_88

#832 Post by Bard_88 » 05 Jul 2008 06:34

Wow I'm pleased to hear that Cowboys seems that you've been going through some good changes of late. Congratulations on the engagement and upcoming son.

Stormster

#833 Post by Stormster » 14 Aug 2008 09:11

I hardly ever come in here coz no1 else does! Congrats cowboys! Ive turned 21 since the last time i visited. Stuey let me know if u go priest!

stuey

#834 Post by stuey » 30 Aug 2008 04:51

Doesnt look like i,ll be going to Priest now Stormster. Testament on the last saturday in september will be my next gig! Also forgot to mention outside the Manning Bar last week that they played Blind Guardian songs between Transcending Mortality & Vanishing Point! Now you know what you missed out on! Stayed at Bar Broadway until close! Great night.

Stormster

#835 Post by Stormster » 02 Sep 2008 15:52

stuey wrote:Doesnt look like i,ll be going to Priest now Stormster. Testament on the last saturday in september will be my next gig! Also forgot to mention outside the Manning Bar last week that they played Blind Guardian songs between Transcending Mortality & Vanishing Point! Now you know what you missed out on! Stayed at Bar Broadway until close! Great night.
DUDE, PRIEST TIX ARE ONLY 60 BUCKS!! COME ON PEOPLE, KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE! FUCK ME!

stuey

#836 Post by stuey » 03 Sep 2008 17:45

May only be $60 stormster but will be working. Was also in melbourne last weekend but never heard back from either Bard 88 or Aaron! Let us know if you,re alive dudes!!

Bard_88

#837 Post by Bard_88 » 04 Sep 2008 11:50

Heyyy it has been awhile ! Hmm Stuey never got anything from you on the weekend dont know what happened there but yeah Priest only a week or so away now so I'm pumped. But still, Maiden and Guardian are where it's at for me.

Stormster

#838 Post by Stormster » 05 Sep 2008 15:26

Bard_88 wrote:Heyyy it has been awhile ! Hmm Stuey never got anything from you on the weekend dont know what happened there but yeah Priest only a week or so away now so I'm pumped. But still, Maiden and Guardian are where it's at for me.
I agree totally! Priest are good, But maiden and guardian are the best!

stuey

#839 Post by stuey » 06 Sep 2008 05:32

Bard_88 wrote:Heyyy it has been awhile ! Hmm Stuey never got anything from you on the weekend dont know what happened there but yeah Priest only a week or so away now so I'm pumped. But still, Maiden and Guardian are where it's at for me.
Sent sms to both you melb guys after I arrived (well, at least I thought I did!!) 99.9% likely I wont be down there again until sometime next year so will make sure whenever it is that it will be a big one. Scaling back Melbourne trips due to my current debt that I have from the Caribbean & Broome holidays. Redundncy situation now appears unlikely until about next June :x :x :x :x :x
Will get it if the shuttle bus that now takes me to work at the new site each day gets canned, but apparently the company that runs it has a 1 year contract so very unlikely that they,d cancel it before then! Fuck!! Not happy Jan :x :x
Hope you guys enjoy Priest. BTW, i,ll join the list of people putting Maiden & Guardian on a pedestool, but have to add Helloween & Vanishing Point as well!

Stormster

#840 Post by Stormster » 12 Sep 2008 06:01

PRIEST tonite!!!!!!

cowboys

#841 Post by cowboys » 24 Sep 2008 07:04

Another of my frequently infrequent visits :P

Soundwave 09 lineup got announced overnight:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/loc ... p-2009.htm

Yay LACUNA COIL!! Will have to be really nice to the girl if I'm gonna go though, as its only two weeks after our baby is due to enter the world :)

Next gig for us is Dragonforce next month - looking forward to that!!

Picked up some great new CDs of late - newies from ALICE COOPER, CIRCLE II CIRCLE, DRAGONFORCE, METALLICA, ICED EARTH, TAROT'S live DVD.

All gooooooold.

Hope everyone is well!!

stuey

#842 Post by stuey » 29 Sep 2008 17:10

Hey everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.
I saw Testament on sat nite, but due to the fact that I was half way through a 16 hour drinking session, I had to leave the party at a pub in Surry Hills & dash to the Metro! Got there quicker than I thought but as I was knackered from a combination of the fast walk & the number of drinks I already had, finding the gig enjoyable was pretty tough!!
Going to Dragonforce as well Cowboys, then Def Leppard/Cheap Trick a week later. Will also go see Lynch Mob & Faster Pussycat in December. Also noticed myself listening to Avantasia,s Metal Opera alot lately! Another one of those bands that have hidden from me all this time.

stuey

#843 Post by stuey » 29 Sep 2008 17:19

cowboys wrote:Another of my frequently infrequent visits :P

Soundwave 09 lineup got announced overnight:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/loc ... p-2009.htm

Yay LACUNA COIL!! Will have to be really nice to the girl if I'm gonna go though, as its only two weeks after our baby is due to enter the world :)

Next gig for us is Dragonforce next month - looking forward to that!!

Picked up some great new CDs of late - newies from ALICE COOPER, CIRCLE II CIRCLE, DRAGONFORCE, METALLICA, ICED EARTH, TAROT'S live DVD.

All gooooooold.

Hope everyone is well!!
Avantasia also have new album out Cowboys. Will be at the top of my list for my next Utopia trip! Also got letter today about Metal Mayhem relocating in Melb. Doubt whether many people will care about that though! One shop that is seriously over rated!!

Stormster

#844 Post by Stormster » 01 Oct 2008 22:44

I agree about Metal Mayhem being over-rated. Priest fucking killed it. I was sober and still got way into it.

Cowboys, does your woman like metal? My one doesnt and im finding it hard going to the amount of gigs i want too because of it.

How's Metallica's new album. I like two killer tracks so far, they're so good i cant listen to the rest of the album. Broken, Beat and Scarred and The Day That Never Comes. Fucking killer. Best non80s album.

stuey

#845 Post by stuey » 02 Oct 2008 15:51

Stormster wrote:I agree about Metal Mayhem being over-rated. Priest fucking killed it. I was sober and still got way into it.

Cowboys, does your woman like metal? My one doesnt and im finding it hard going to the amount of gigs i want too because of it.

How's Metallica's new album. I like two killer tracks so far, they're so good i cant listen to the rest of the album. Broken, Beat and Scarred and The Day That Never Comes. Fucking killer. Best non80s album.
Think it has been previously mentioned here Stormster that Cowboys girlfriend/fiancee/wife (think its currently the one in the middle) is a big metal fan!

cowboys

#846 Post by cowboys » 03 Oct 2008 00:55

HAHAHA - right you are stuey, fiancee it is :wink: No fixed wedding date yet, will be sometime after the baby arrives though!

And yeah stormster she is a big metal fan - been to IRON MAIDEN, NIGHTWISH, and HELLOWEEN gigs with her this year and will be going to DRAGONFORCE together at the end of the month. It is good to have a metal girlfriend :P

New AVANTASIA cd is fantastic Stuey - picked that one up as soon as it came out. Absolute killer.

METALLICA is great - the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

cowboys

#847 Post by cowboys » 04 Oct 2008 00:41

You guys checked out the Blind Guardian store yet? HOLY CRAP there are some awesome shirts and shorts!!

*wants badly*

And the girl really wants the girlie shirt too.

We found out the sex of our baby yesterday - its gonna be a boy!! Woot!!

Bard_88

#848 Post by Bard_88 » 04 Oct 2008 01:04

congrats again Cowboys I thought Priest was good too managed to end up on the barrier preety much centre stage. Wasn't expecting it though since there was a a First to the barrier comp on ticketek which cleary didn't go ahead as I didn't enter it. Don't know what happened there.

Stormster

#849 Post by Stormster » 12 Oct 2008 14:04

Yeh i checked out the BG shop, no money so i didnt really go back for a second look lol. The storm fucking lost. Fuck me! Anyone here got a facebook?

stuey

#850 Post by stuey » 15 Oct 2008 07:57

Can I first point out that this post will either be the last on page 17 or the 1st on 18, so i,m not sure whether i,ll be ruining Psycho 69,s fun or not! Has taken us quite a while to complete this page so he probably gave up long ago!
You could say that the Storm lost the grand final Stormster. The Dragons no longer have the biggest losing margin in a decider (even though if tries were worth 4 points in 1975 & not 3, then they still would!) so thankyou Melbourne!!!
Still not on facebook myself but will probably get round to it in a few weeks. Will let you all know when I do. Going to Dragonforce this year Stormster, or is it a gig that the missus will prevent you from going to!!
Also recently purchased their latest album along with Metallica,s. Also ended up buying Avantasia,s Scarecrow from Itunes because Utopia & the 2 JB Hi Fi stores all didnt have it :shock:
Had a look in the BG shop as well, but thats as far as I went! Already have something like 4 BG shirts (think it may even be 5, i,ve lost count!!) so doubt whether i,ll end up buying more :(