What book are you reading?

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
sharpened_graphite

Re: What book are you reading?

#1301 Post by sharpened_graphite » 15 Oct 2010 10:45

Anyone know there's an Elric comic written by Moorcock himself and drawn by Walter Simonson? It tells of the events before the very first Elric novel, it can be found here (Amazon is out of stock, but they have links to other sellers that aren't) and is generally worth looking for.

And if you have trouble finding that there's also the new trilogy about Elric in modern times which starts with "The Dreamthief's Daughter".

Medea

#1302 Post by Medea » 15 Oct 2010 13:34

now reading:

Wheel of time book 12
Books by Tess Gerritsen
The song of ice and fire series (just finished book 2 out of 4, too bad I read somewhere that George martin is not really willing to write the other books)
Still waiting for James Clemens to continue the Godslayer series... It's a great series so far!

and lots more at the same time :-)

Pure Steel

#1303 Post by Pure Steel » 22 Oct 2010 14:15

I'm reading Asylum by Patrick McGrath right now. It's very good.

Mary
Lo, there do I see my father... lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers... lo, there do I see the line of my peolple back to the beginning... lo, the do call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live Forever!!!!

NDS

#1304 Post by NDS » 25 Oct 2010 19:22

Just finished: Monster vol. 1: Herr Doktor Tenma
by Naoki Urasawa

And I will now start a non fiction work: Atheist Manifesto by Herman Philipse
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

Pure Steel

#1305 Post by Pure Steel » 02 Nov 2010 18:32

Ok, I've just finished Asylum and I've started The name of the wind, by patrick Rothfuss.
Although I've only read 200 out of 800 pages I think it's one of the best fantasy book I've ever read woth Tolkien and Moorcock.
I recommend it to everyone that like fantasy but not only...
Lo, there do I see my father... lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers... lo, there do I see the line of my peolple back to the beginning... lo, the do call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live Forever!!!!

Naurbereth

#1306 Post by Naurbereth » 05 Nov 2010 18:57

The legend of Sigurd and Gudrun by JRR Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien.
Seems very interesting so far, but the language is quite complicated..
Carved in the stones lies my tribute to universe

my words speak in vain for a silent poetry

hear me all mighty I ask for your wisdom

Your path will be mine when I reach eternity

Hansi Smurf

Adolph Hitler, By John Toland

#1307 Post by Hansi Smurf » 06 Nov 2010 19:50

Whoo-whee muthaf*ckas! I can't believe what I'm reading this time around!

WWI, wasn't a Rationally Caused Conflict! No one was wrong for to counter-attack Germany, at all!

The lone-gun "Serbian" killer of the Austro-Hungarian Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand, was caught, tried and, presumably, executed! Who's death was Germany really trying to avenge? Why, no ones, of course!

Imperial Germany literally forced Austria to invade Serbia, cuz they really, really wanted to War, irrationally, with the Trad-Serb Defenders, Russia!

I keep being reminded of Jack Vance's "Our Earth is an ultra-advanced zoological man-life preserve" theory; and as well, his well-known, little, yellow "Kokod Warriors", whom doth readily agree to any zoological queriest, that "warfare-for-population-control", and "warfare-for-equality-amongst-their-various-clans", and "warfare-for-pleasure", is their own natural and preserved way of life: preserved, we may assume, by an invisible, and ultra-advanced technocracy, of robot zoo-keeping: just like us Earth-kids!

Furthering the Toland text, I keep "reading", that BLIND GUARDIAN and Germany, would still expect for to make German-speaking, a well kept German State Secret, for to institutionalize the entire Earth under one Pan-Germanic "Master Race", of Landlords, Civil Engineers, Civil Servants and Military-Police, while all the rest of us would have been blue-collar slaves, or worse, I suppose?

Yeah, despite my own rants of yesteryear, found elsewhere, I must agree now, that anti-semitism, or anti-anything, (other than anti-attack) really, just seems like a slaves responses to some regional Racist Imperial Acromegaly's directives, or other. (the Real Secret Government? The Globally connected by telepathy AND diplomacy Acromegalies? Yah don't say?)

(And did you know, that WWII Germany attacked the Allies with Robot-controlled Drone Missiles! Truckers, train-engineers, drivers of every description? They ARE obsolete to US IQ-adaptable, happy on welfare types, that's for sure! And why ain't the entire White Collar Economy fully-computerized, and/or illegal, anyway? I demand that the entire welfare, social security, employment insurance, tax-paying, employment itself, payrolls, et al. all be fully registered on one SELF REGULATED internationally accessible data-base - NOW!)

Dragon Guardian

#1308 Post by Dragon Guardian » 07 Nov 2010 17:17

The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson , the 6th book in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series

unicornsarei

#1309 Post by unicornsarei » 10 Nov 2010 12:13

I just finished reading Winter's Heart after a 2-year hiatus... I got busy and lazy. there's an ugly crease and slight gap from my bookmark. But OMG. Need next book NOOOOOOW. @_@ Freakin.... BG's Wheel of Time added so much intensity in that last chapter!!! The magic of BG. :mrgreen: And in every "Rand" chapter in the 2nd half of the book (that's where I stopped), I'd pause because the song would be playing in my head. :lol:

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#1310 Post by Metal Fan » 11 Nov 2010 21:04

Sword Of Truth, Blood of the Fold.
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

t.a.j.

#1311 Post by t.a.j. » 11 Nov 2010 21:44

Pure Steel wrote:Ok, I've just finished Asylum and I've started The name of the wind, by patrick Rothfuss.
Although I've only read 200 out of 800 pages I think it's one of the best fantasy book I've ever read woth Tolkien and Moorcock.
I agree that it is a great read.
But to be honest, neither Tolkien nor Moorcock would even get into my Top Ten of great fantasy writers. Hm... ok, maybe low Top Ten places, certainly not Top Five. But certainly none of their books would make a Top Ten of Fantasy books list.
China Mievielle, George R.R. Martin, R. Scott Bakker, Joe Abercrombie, Ursula K. Leguin, Patrick Rothfuss, Neil Gaiman. Those are great fantasy writers. Tolkien and Moorcock, they're somewhere in the second tier, with Tad Williams.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Led Guardian

#1312 Post by Led Guardian » 11 Nov 2010 23:00

t.a.j. wrote:
Pure Steel wrote:Ok, I've just finished Asylum and I've started The name of the wind, by patrick Rothfuss.
I agree that it is a great read.
But to be honest, neither Tolkien nor Moorcock would even get into my Top Ten of great fantasy writers. Hm... ok, maybe low Top Ten places, certainly not Top Five. But certainly none of their books would make a Top Ten of Fantasy books list.
China Mievielle, George R.R. Martin, R. Scott Bakker, Joe Abercrombie, Ursula K. Leguin, Patrick Rothfuss, Neil Gaiman. Those are great fantasy writers. Tolkien and Moorcock, they're somewhere in the second tier, with Tad Williams.
Everyone talks about G.R.R. Martin and how great he is that I sometimes find myself hoping that I'll dislike him when I read his books. I'll probably just end up loving him like everyone else though.

And for me, if something of Tolkien's were to make my top ten book list (whatever it is), it would probably be The Silmarillion. LotR is good, but the craft of writing fantasy has advanced since the time it was written, especially in the area of character development. Older writers often seem to not examine the thoughts, personalities, and motivations of their characters as much. What is best about Tolkien is the thoroughness and beauty of his created mythology, and the way his languages are intertwined with it. That is what appeals to me so much about Tolkien, and it is undoubtedly his greatest accomplishment. He also wrote some wonderful poetry.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

t.a.j.

#1313 Post by t.a.j. » 12 Nov 2010 03:23

Led Guardian wrote:What is best about Tolkien is the thoroughness and beauty of his created mythology, and the way his languages are intertwined with it. That is what appeals to me so much about Tolkien, and it is undoubtedly his greatest accomplishment. He also wrote some wonderful poetry.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. But the fact remains that as far as plot and characters are concerned, he was stuck way back in antiquity. Which certainly was his main goal, to write mythology, not a novel. Still, I think that LotR fails as a novel. The only real reason to read the thing is that through reference and setting, it immerses one in that very rich and deep mythology. Which, admittedly, can be a rather pleasurable experience.

Desert_Storm

#1314 Post by Desert_Storm » 12 Nov 2010 12:25

Until the next Martin book arrives: one more time Stefan Zweig's The World Of Yesterday
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Pure Steel

#1315 Post by Pure Steel » 12 Nov 2010 12:41

t.a.j. wrote: I agree that it is a great read.
I've just bought a book by Gaiman, but I'll definetly buy something about all of them and, in the end, I'll tell you if I'd loved them or not :D
About Rothfuss... I simply can't stand to wait for the secondo book.

I was forgetting to say that yesterday I read the second book of Hunger Games serie, I loved it!

Led Guardian

#1316 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Nov 2010 06:23

Earth (The Book) - Jon Stewart
The Treason of Isengard - J.R.R./Christopher Tolkien
Paradise Lost - John Milton
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

spamel

#1317 Post by spamel » 26 Nov 2010 09:22

Took a break from Hyperion and just finished Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart. What a great book! "I have a slight flaw in my character!" :mrgreen:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Led Guardian

#1318 Post by Led Guardian » 09 Dec 2010 23:10

Led Guardian wrote:Earth (The Book) - Jon Stewart
The Treason of Isengard - J.R.R./Christopher Tolkien
Paradise Lost - John Milton
Still reading the first two, finished the 3rd, and added

Memories of Ice - Steven Erikson
Side Jobs - Jim Butcher

Led Guardian

#1319 Post by Led Guardian » 03 Jan 2011 04:26

Just finished House of Chains by Steven Erikson. Reading Midnight Tides by same.

arwen091

#1320 Post by arwen091 » 08 Jan 2011 03:45

Just finished my first read through of the Lord of the Rings and I loved it. I'm going to read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson next.
"The road goes ever on and on. Down from the road where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errand meet. And whither then? I cannot say."

Led Guardian

#1321 Post by Led Guardian » 20 Jan 2011 07:02

The Bonehunters - Steven Erikson
The Iliad - Homer

Read The Name of the Wind arwen091. Now. It will be just in time for Wise Man's Fear.

Insanity

#1322 Post by Insanity » 10 Feb 2011 13:31

Jack Kerouac's On The Road.

t.a.j.

#1323 Post by t.a.j. » 10 Feb 2011 21:12

Insanity wrote:Jack Kerouac's On The Road.
The new, uncensored version?

Insanity

#1324 Post by Insanity » 11 Feb 2011 18:55

I was not aware that there was such a thing. I have some old 80s edition because I got in on amazon for 4€...

Edited to say: I just looked up the new uncensored one. No, I have the old one. Dean Moriarty instead of Neal Cassidy... But if I like the edition I have, I'll take a look at the new old version.

Dragon Guardian

#1325 Post by Dragon Guardian » 26 Feb 2011 18:32

Currently reading Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson

arwen091

#1326 Post by arwen091 » 27 Feb 2011 04:01

Well the Mistborn series didn't happen because I forgot to pack it after winter break but I read The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein and that was fantastic. I'm in love with Science Fiction again :D

Now I'm finishing up Side Jobs by Jim Butcher and maybe I'll get the The Name of the Wind, Led Guardian :wink:
"The road goes ever on and on. Down from the road where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errand meet. And whither then? I cannot say."

Led Guardian

#1327 Post by Led Guardian » 27 Feb 2011 05:18

Dragon Guardian wrote:Currently reading Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson
Coincidentally, so am I. Got about 300 pages to go, and then it's on to Dust of Dreams. And that will be just in time to read The Crippled God not long after it is released (Tuesday! along with The Wise Man's Fear!).

Also The Odyssey.

t.a.j.

#1328 Post by t.a.j. » 27 Feb 2011 10:09

Wise Man's Fear has been pre ordered.
Apart from that, you should all read Joe Abercrombie. Now.

Also, I'm reading the first book of the Death Gate Cycle and I find it entertaining. If the prose was good instead of kinda decent, I'd really recommend the book. As it is, I just like the story about revolution and the nice world building Weis and Hickmann have done.

prongs

#1329 Post by prongs » 27 Feb 2011 20:27

king Beyond The Gate-Drenai Series by David Gemmell
Ladies!!!!!!!....please avert your eyes....I've been known to hypnotise....

Led Guardian

#1330 Post by Led Guardian » 01 Mar 2011 00:14

Dust of Dreams - Steven Erikson

The end of Toll the Hounds was filled with so much awesome. Also so much "Fuck you Steven Erikson!"

The Wise Man's Fear will be purchased tomorrow, although it will have to wait until I finish Dust of Dreams and The Crippled God (also coming out tomorrow), as well as rereading The Name of the Wind. Alas. Sometimes you just have to wait for good things.

spamel

#1331 Post by spamel » 01 Mar 2011 00:24

The Endymion omnibus, and it is already awesome! The Shrike has already turned up and taken out a full task force of Torch ship crews, the Swiss Guard of the future (that are so heavily armed and capable that a mere handful could take a full army on and win), and a number of ground assault troops single handedly! The Shrike kicks ass! :twisted:

arwen091

#1332 Post by arwen091 » 03 Mar 2011 03:52

I'm going to get The Name of the Wind on Saturday, Led Guardian. Thought that would make you happy.

Finished Side Jobs and now I'm trying to not start a new book before I can get The Name of the Wind but it's very tempting to pick up another Heinlein book.

Led Guardian

#1333 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Mar 2011 03:01

The Crippled God - Steven Erikson

This is it! The big bang after those thousands of pages! And already things are getting crazy.

spamel

#1334 Post by spamel » 19 Mar 2011 01:50

Got through Endymion, now onto Fall of Endymion, the second part of the second book in the quantos. I will be sad to get to the end, it is an awesome story!

arwen091

#1335 Post by arwen091 » 19 Mar 2011 18:41

Started reading the Name of the Wind. Oh man it's so good!

Medea

#1336 Post by Medea » 11 Apr 2011 15:25

meanwhile, next to stuff I told I was reading before, halfway the sword of truth series as well :)

Sarah

#1337 Post by Sarah » 12 Apr 2011 00:48

Pride, prejudices and zombies.
Quite good, really, but i just can't seem to ever finish it !
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

T3hOverlord

#1338 Post by T3hOverlord » 12 Apr 2011 05:17

1337TH REPLY!

spamel

#1339 Post by spamel » 12 Apr 2011 18:33

I finished Endymion, I sort of knew how things were going towards the end and that was slightly dissapointing, bjt after reading a few thousand pages you get into the authors eay pf thinking I suppose.

Reading Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn now, classics.

Hansi Smurf

Furthering The Career Of Jack Vance

#1340 Post by Hansi Smurf » 20 Apr 2011 20:58

8)

I haven't looked Jack Vance up in quite a while. Born in 1916! I sure hope he's still alive: I love him!
It was quite a blow for me for to discover that 1922's Robert Anton Wilson (Illuminatus Trilogy) was dead! If Vance does leave us, the Intelligence Quotient, globally, will certainly fall yet another 15% percent! But, then again, I guess that I can expect for to displace them both in Authority!

Anyway, a couple of decades back, Jack Vance wrote a duology called, "Ports of Call", and "Lurulu"; books involving a grand-nephew, and his eventual exploits as, "super-cargo", aboard a space-freighter called "the Glicca".

The books are, predictably, humor-based, involving as they do, not only the Captain, Maloof, but too, Schwatzendale the Engineer, and, Wingo the Ship's Cook, both of whom are florid and loquacious, for to say the least!

Aside from the constant philosophic diatribes provided for by both Schwatzendale and Wingo, there is also quite a lot of gambling, and swindling, and, of course, as well, with every planet the Glicca visits, the local beer is tasted, tested, and drunk right up, into very much, mild drunkeness, and, of course, very much more, inevitable, philosophic waxing!

As well, you will meet the sexy triplets, Plook, Flook and Snook, their crude Amazonian handlers, Siglaf and Hunzel, and, too, a very many other passengers, mostly religious cultists, all of whom are off on a pilgramage that Chef Wingo himself, only very narrowly avoids!

Also, this book really shows off the Vance Galactic Diaspora of the Ruined of the Earth, all of whom have been, zoologically/psychologically quantified, and then, marooned down upon Preservation Worlds, and all of their very own! And the IPCC's there too, just to make sure that all of the cannibals and all of the thieves, stay marooned, too! Thank God For The Cops :| !

The Rescuing of Old Women from Vicious Con-Men, and Cold-Blooded Killing, also included.

:wink:

Peace To The Righteosly Grieving Widow Hennig, and to all of the Very Brave & Very Dear People of Japan.

"Boob? Yer Dumped!", sayeth Beeb, "And so, I guess, that Professor Brooks & the Global Intelligence Networks estimation of the lack of personality characteristics, possessed by the 1922-1927 immigrant body in Canada, is correct after all: Insensitive Vermin! 'Twould seem that no amount of eduction, nor nutrition, will ever change a Medical Psychopaths Chronic Misbehaviour! Oh well, better luck next time!"

Ligandil

#1341 Post by Ligandil » 27 Apr 2011 16:27

I'm reading The Return of the Shadow, number 6 of the series History of Middle-earth.

Very interesting, discovering LotR evolution since the first drafts. LOVE IT

Led Guardian

#1342 Post by Led Guardian » 27 Apr 2011 19:40

Just recently finished The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It was just about as good as The Name of the Wind. Which is another way of saying "Why aren't you reading it right now?"

Grim

#1343 Post by Grim » 03 May 2011 07:30

Alexander Belyayev- The Man Who Lost His Face
...Why do we despise the world that gave us life? Why wouldn't the world survive us, like any organism survives a virus? ...What would that look like? What if this is the last winter, before the collapse? And hope dies.
The Last Winter

„Няма власт над оная глава, която е готова да се отдели от плещите си в името на свободата и за благото на цялото човечество.“
Христо Ботев (1848 - 1876)

Samps
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Brisbane, Australia.

#1344 Post by Samps » 21 May 2011 14:50

The Secret of Excalibur by Andy McDermott

Hansi Smurf

Technically Speaking...

#1345 Post by Hansi Smurf » 21 May 2011 19:58

I do not read books any longer, unless I am preparing for to build either Death Magnetic, or Death Transactional.

I have completed my Post-Doctorate thesis in all arenas of learning, save Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics, and of course, like all of you, I am able for to understand the teachers edition textbooks, of any of those arenas.

At the Winnipeg Folk Festival 1995, I the Observer, wast abled for to Move the Stars from their Fixed Positions, for to know my Friends Thoughts well before any Spoke Aloud, and for to experience the Omnipotence of predicting and conducting the vast hippie throng's drum jamming. Too, the back sleeve "Number of the Beast" vortex appeared before me at ground level, whilst a multitude of voices cheered my name and begged me for to step thru, via some perception of it being Messianic. Prior to this, a figure such as Electric Wizard's "Dopethrone" LP Cover Protagonist, appeared upon a wooden stage, not even their a second ago, and with a Mass of Hooded, Robed Figures, and this DC Comics Cain/Abel-type, presenting Himself as the Devil, their for to Purchase Souls and Grant Desires! At the same time, perhaps irrelevantly, every Triangular Tent about me became a Dome! All the tents became domes, though the dome tent was still not in the majority before, nor after!

All of the above phenomena was as real as you or I are today, and off of the LSD, purchased their by Bow-Man, right under the the Flag of Disney's Maus. Yes, as real as Me finding You at Your Own Fixed Addresses aboard Spaceship Earth, and bayoneting you Thru the Guts at Your Sociopathically Obedient Doorways!

Now, after years of cloister, I am abled by both Mall-Weed and by much Solitude, for to pronounce this Doom of Men: that, "Brain-Software is the Key to both Life and Death, and Heaven hereafter; But, my Brain, and most probably All of Our Brains, all of them have Wills, Personalities, and Plans, all of their own: and they are as Alien to We Here, as all of the Indians, Niggers, Jews, Workers, Schoolers, and Punishers are Alien to the Deep & Literary Mass! Even my Bodies own Scars and Flabs have been proven for to be a Brain-Imposed Tortures, and of course, cursedly, of absolutely Zero-Relevence to any, save perhaps some Evil Creator of Me!

Even now, We Men of Anahat labor in Vain with Plastic Surgeries and Exercises and Diets and Environments, when in truth, disabling the Self-Aware Portions of the Brain, and Forcing the Miracle Producing Portions of said Mechanism for to work Miraculously, ALL OF THE TIME, and completely off of the erratic drugs psychosises, would seem most Prudent and Wise! (But, Man! Do I ever Love Smoking That Weed, Man!)

My greatest fear seems indisputably true: that I am as Howard's Conan, or Burroughs' Carter, when they labor as Warlord: alone and surrounded by Violent Chimaeras, all of whom will not Fuck, nor Love Freely, nor will they reflect and reckon, and so become as I am, when I am Alone, and In Love with Them All!

The continued existance of irrelevant Taxes & Censuses, Marijuana Laws, Indians & Retards, AND the Rich too, all of these Spaceship Earth Facts, are all that I need for to Percieve, and to thus Rightfully Estimate the Emotional/Cognitive Abilities of you Mass, all of the Mass, including those just mentioned - Evil They Are, Evil You Are, while Good, I AM! Yahweh expected you all to be able to live and participate in Free Democracies Of Advanced Christian Mating/Birthrate Eugenics: instead, the Place Feels Like ALL Wild Predator Animals! (Why, I doubt that most here could even draw two circles on paper, and then fill the circles in, with all of the Continents and Ice Caps, and then, perhaps as I can, fill in about at least 75% plus of the countries, too! Routinely I write out the Continental United States, and American, I Am Not!)

"Michael Edward Baker:
"The Greatest"
He Has Proven To The World That His Strength & Skills
Cannot Be Overcome -
By Anyone...!

HE WILL WEAR THE BELT!" - "Superstar" Billy Graham
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 22 May 2011 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Led Guardian

#1346 Post by Led Guardian » 22 May 2011 19:56

Is not even the "What book are you reading?" topic sacred anymore? Is no place on the forum safe from this assery any more?

Hyperion - Dan Simmons

Samps
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Brisbane, Australia.

#1347 Post by Samps » 04 Jun 2011 15:39

Business Law and Ethics, 5th Edition.

A combination of Business Law by Gibson and Fraser, Ethical Theory and Business by Beachamp, Bowie and Arnold, Business Ethics and Values by Fisher and Lovell and Australian Corporate Governance by Psaros tailored for the use of the Queensland University of Technology.

Yes, I'm clearly procrastinating here. :|

Hansi Smurf

Wrestled Right Back Inta Reading!

#1348 Post by Hansi Smurf » 04 Jun 2011 22:15

Did you know that WWE Champion, Bruno Sammartino (1963 - 1972, 1974 - 1978), was so popular a Wrestler during his heydey, that he was asked to, and indeed, attended, a formal visit to see the Roman Catholic Pope?

That's from outta the new book on the History of the WWE Championship, and titled that too, I'm sure!

Didn't take it out! Didn't read it! Comic Books don't count! Nope! Nope!

(God? You Sure Made Marvel Comic's Dazzler Romantically/Sexually Attractive! Whatta Great Woman! I Sure Wish That SHE Was Real, Insteada the Thing, or Triple H, That's For Sure! Her, "I'm-A-Rock-Band-Messiah-Not-A-Mutant-Trip" Vs. The Spiritual Ian McKellan/Magneto's "Hatred-Of-All-Things-Not-Mutant-And/Or-Magneto-Related", Ain't Half Bad! The New-Costume-Still-Singing-Dazzler? Hotter Than Ever! Dazzler? She's As Old As Mom! I Wonder If She's Had Any Kids? I'd Hafta Cast The Star Of CBC's "Ghost Whisperer" As Dazzler! She's Be Allright!)

Cerbere

#1349 Post by Cerbere » 21 Jul 2011 15:22

A Dance With Dragons (anyone else?)

I'm actually enjoying this one more than AFFC, I think. Well, then again it should be better, it took him 7 years to write it.

And for school:
Killer Angels
Three Cups of Tea
and Freedom Writers's Diary

Baby_Kürsch

#1350 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 26 Jul 2011 02:37

Stephen King - Full Dark No Stars
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D: