The Three Musketeers 3D

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Sarah

The Three Musketeers 3D

#1 Post by Sarah » 18 Oct 2011 23:20

... That movie is so terrible and stupid and incoherent and ridiculous, it's kind of awesome...

Athos is a ninja !
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Palantyre

Re: The Three Musketeers 3D

#2 Post by Palantyre » 19 Oct 2011 06:31

I've seen the trailer a few times, and while I absolutely LOVE the idea of mixing the old tale up with some crazy steampunk shit (Zeppelin battleships FUCK YEAH), the stupid over-choreographed Matrix-style fights, with slo-mo shots of people dodging pointy things and all that jazz, really annoy me.

If it was more like Pirates of the Caribbean goes Steampunk Musketeers, I'd be shitting gold bricks.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Dragon Guardian

#3 Post by Dragon Guardian » 20 Oct 2011 17:33

Really dissapointed in this movie. I never managed to get immersed in the setting and the action was quite terrible.

Orodaran

#4 Post by Orodaran » 21 Oct 2011 23:26

Sarah wrote:... That movie is so terrible and stupid and incoherent and ridiculous, it's kind of awesome...

Athos is a ninja !
Well, one of the two things I expected from this movie - either be a total suckage, or falling in the "So bad that it's good" category... maybe I will see it....
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Mandarb

#5 Post by Mandarb » 24 Mar 2012 23:29

Just continue watching those old Musketeer movies from 1973/1974 starring Michael York. Those were damn fun! And hey, even Christopher Lee is in it, so it must be good (wait, did I just say that Rapsody album was good? o_O ). The 1993 one with Charlie Sheen is much better than the new one too. ;)

Guess they wanted to ride the wave of success of "Sherlock Holmes" and make it somewhat similar.
A guinness a day keeps the doctor away!

He is not drunk who from the floor can rise again and drink some more. But he is drunk who prostrate lies and cannot drink and cannot rise.

Orodaran

#6 Post by Orodaran » 25 Mar 2012 18:34

Sherlock Holmes is miles ahead of this!!

Anyway, saw it as well recently... a somehow fun way to waste a couple of hours, but nothing mindblowing aside from the recreation of medieval Paris and Venice... (and Milla Jovovich :P )
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Sarah

#7 Post by Sarah » 01 Apr 2012 22:59

Yeah, but the 3D effect is quite useless as far as Milla is concerned. I mean... Well... Bah, you get it !
We lost the world

I.c.e Motion

#8 Post by I.c.e Motion » 29 Apr 2012 11:05

You mean she has no boobs?

Well I kinda liked it.. over the top craziness in pretty costumes.. :P
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning" - Calvin without Hobbes

www.icemotion.nl

kanbera

#9 Post by kanbera » 07 Jun 2012 21:01

Oh, American films based on French books?.. Noo, that's not for me. And I don't watch 3d films. So, this film is not for me. :D
Hallo, ich komme aus Litauen.

You're now my guest. Forever. Hahahahahaha

http://VisitsToMoney.com/index.php?refId=898394

Sarah

#10 Post by Sarah » 12 Jun 2012 12:12

Dude, this is beyond ANYTHING that could be based on the books... Orlando Bloom in a flying boat and Athos being a NINJA ?

Sweet glory that was really entertaining :D
We lost the world