Going to see Pirates 4 in an hour....

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Sarah

Going to see Pirates 4 in an hour....

#1 Post by Sarah » 18 May 2011 17:15

I'll tell you whether it's awesome or whether i want to kill myself when i come back ;)
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Sarah

Re: Going to see Pirates 4 in an hour....

#2 Post by Sarah » 18 May 2011 20:54

Dooooone !

Some parts are pretty lame, but it's still quite impressive, especially if you go not expecting too much. Too bad i saw it dubbed to French, i might go again to see the original one. As i was with my just-turned-9 nephew, we left the cinema before the end of the credits, so i can't say if there's a hidden scene...

And there's a fair share of good quotes too, but maybe i'm too good an audience for this kind of movie :D
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 19 May 2011 20:23

They show it in Imax 3D for 13 euros in a cinema in my backyard... wondering if I should give it a try or not...
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Ligandil

#4 Post by Ligandil » 19 May 2011 23:36

maybe ill go tomorrow, first of these movies ill watch at a cinema

i read the 3d effects are not that much, and that there is a hidden scene at the end of the credits XD

Frozen within

#5 Post by Frozen within » 20 May 2011 14:09

I tried the first pirates movie and decided I didn't like the idea of a dragqueen in pirate clothes and Legolas trying to be all tough and stuff :) Keira managed to keep me watching for a while though.
Eat more vegetables !

Samps
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Brisbane, Australia.

#6 Post by Samps » 22 May 2011 13:32

I adore the Pirates movies and I can't wait to see the new film. :)
Hopefully seeing it this week, even if I have to take myself!

Ligandil

#7 Post by Ligandil » 03 Jun 2011 18:52

ha, finally went to see it last monday, it was good but not as good as the previous ones, i read in this forum there was a scene at the end of the credits, though me and my friend waited, everyone else left, and the guys there were waiting for us to close the movie theatre hahah screw them! :twisted:

Andreas

#8 Post by Andreas » 03 Jun 2011 20:37

Just half an hour to go...

Orodaran

#9 Post by Orodaran » 12 Jun 2011 18:08

Just saw it!!!

Well, it's nice, it's a..... Pirates movie, which can be good and bad as the same time :P good because if you like the series you'll like this one as well, bad because it doesn't really add that much to the whole franchise. But it's some worthwhile fun. Btw, I hate prophecies in movies, they're spoilers disguised as plot.... do I really needed to know 2 hours before seeing it that That Dude would have done that to that Other Dude? oh, and Keira >>>>> Penelope.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Gandalf de Grijze

#10 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 13 Jun 2011 00:22

There were some parts/elements in teh movie that to me had no use whatsoever for the plotline...
Coming up in the beginning, then disappearing alltogether only to show up at the end saying "hi.. we're still in the movie too, nice set.. let's smash it up and leave again"
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 13 Jun 2011 20:19

Well, in Dead Man's Chest the whole Pelegostos subplot was a total and complete waste of screen time, as if the movie wasn't already long enough without it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------