Am i the only one thinking Twilight new moon is revolting ?

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Sarah

Am i the only one thinking Twilight new moon is revolting ?

#1 Post by Sarah » 15 Sep 2010 13:24

I just happened to watch this piece of silt, without reading books or seeing the first movie.
It was already hard to understand how crazy people got about it, but it only seemed like a simple matter of taste, wanna look stoopid, your problem.

But then, you see Edward completely slapping the shit out of the bella girl, throwing her into a wall and a table with vases on it, extending her wounds from a paper cut to something requiring stiches. In order to "protect her". From a threat he doesn't even need to move to deal with. Sweet, bella is all fucked up but that's allright, no hard feelings, not even a conversation of 3 words and a load of eyebrow movements about it.
Then, she meets the girlfriend if one of the "wolves" who bears a scar on the face that would make a plastic surgeon shiver. And you learn that it was all done by her boyfriend after he simply snapped and "lost it".

So please, let me know if i'm overreacting, but this is pretty wrong, isn't it ? As in "wronger than typical emo behaviour" at least
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

I.c.e Motion

Re: Am i the only one thinking Twilight new moon is revoltin

#2 Post by I.c.e Motion » 15 Sep 2010 16:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwM3GvaTRM

Great vid which is only based on the first twilight movie, but it already makes me not want to see those movies. What the hell is romantic about this stalkerish type dude person. Damn.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning" - Calvin without Hobbes

www.icemotion.nl

t.a.j.

#3 Post by t.a.j. » 15 Sep 2010 17:27

http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Sleeping Dragon

#4 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 15 Sep 2010 17:36

how can you even stand the acting long enough to know what the characters are doing?
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

t.a.j.

#5 Post by t.a.j. » 15 Sep 2010 17:43

Which brings up another question. What made Twilight successful?

t.a.j.

#6 Post by t.a.j. » 15 Sep 2010 17:44

Sleeping Dragon wrote:how can you even stand the acting long enough to know what the characters are doing?
A well, Vampire movies tend to be overacted.

No‘am

#7 Post by No‘am » 15 Sep 2010 17:51

I guess I'm lucky not knowing what you're talking about. Is it like a movie based on that teen vampire series that had an internet meme about how gay it was or something?
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

ThePKH

#8 Post by ThePKH » 15 Sep 2010 19:01

Some of the shittiest acting I've ever seen. :x
I've never seen a full movie in the twilight series though. Probably a good thing.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

End Of An Era

#9 Post by End Of An Era » 15 Sep 2010 19:35

t.a.j. wrote:Which brings up another question. What made Twilight successful?
13-18 y-o girls.

t.a.j.

#10 Post by t.a.j. » 15 Sep 2010 19:48

Not enough. Why did they fall for this piece of misogynistic sexophobic writing?

End Of An Era

#11 Post by End Of An Era » 15 Sep 2010 19:56

puberty :P

Andreas

#12 Post by Andreas » 15 Sep 2010 20:13

Sarah wrote:I just happened to watch this piece of silt, without reading books or seeing the first movie.
It was already hard to understand how crazy people got about it, but it only seemed like a simple matter of taste, wanna look stoopid, your problem.

But then, you see Edward completely slapping the shit out of the bella girl, throwing her into a wall and a table with vases on it, extending her wounds from a paper cut to something requiring stiches. In order to "protect her". From a threat he doesn't even need to move to deal with. Sweet, bella is all fucked up but that's allright, no hard feelings, not even a conversation of 3 words and a load of eyebrow movements about it.
Then, she meets the girlfriend if one of the "wolves" who bears a scar on the face that would make a plastic surgeon shiver. And you learn that it was all done by her boyfriend after he simply snapped and "lost it".
Damn you! You've spoilt the movie for me now :mrgreen: :P

Orodaran

#13 Post by Orodaran » 15 Sep 2010 20:34

t.a.j. wrote:Not enough. Why did they fall for this piece of misogynistic sexophobic writing?
I didn't watch the movies or read the book nor I plan to, but I know (how could I avoid it? :roll: ) that it's about vampire love (and were-love too).

I guess thta teenagers are drawn to love stories (since they enter puberty after all), and they're drawn also by fantasy story - some may already be into fantasy thanks to the Lord of the Rings movies and the Harry Potter book/movies.

Put pretty young boys and girls AND the fantasy touch, this time with vampires, and there you have your success.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Led Guardian

#14 Post by Led Guardian » 15 Sep 2010 20:40

I saw a comment somewhere that Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend. Sounds about as deep as I would expect.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Perdita X

#15 Post by Perdita X » 15 Sep 2010 21:43

I usually surf happy along with new hypes as I work with books but apart from us not having the book at work and me not complaining about that...it's a hype I'll let pass.
Maybe the books aren't so godawful, I don't know.
I do like Harry Potter and am currently very much enjoying Percy Jackson series.

One of 'm blokes in Twilight New Moon actually played a character in a Harry Potter movie - got killed by Voldemort. So that's what happens. You get killed by Voldemort and next thing you're a sexdeprived vampire.

Arwen Arianna

#16 Post by Arwen Arianna » 15 Sep 2010 22:00

I've got something for all you Twilight "lovers" :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcO09syPTSw enjoy ;) guess I'll have to go to the cinema one of these days...
I read the entire Twilight series some years back (just so I knew what I was complaining about :mrgreen: ) and - guess what- the more I read, the more aggressive it made me. There are some pretty cool characters in there, I have to admit that. It COULD have been a good book. But- oh dear! Nope. It's kind of sad, really... :(
Anyways, at some point a friend dragged me along to the cinema to watch the "Twilight" movie, which was surprisingly "sober" compared to the book, if you know what I mean. Not quite that bad actually (glittering vampires aside :shock: ). So I eventually watched "New Moon"... and I totally agree with you. The movie sucks 8) Says it all XD I won't bother to watch "Eclipse"...
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

Raistlin Majere

#17 Post by Raistlin Majere » 16 Sep 2010 14:49

I saw only the first movie. It wasn't bad, but it didn't make me want to see the second/third one.
It's nothing really special.
I didn't read the books either.
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

Perdita X

#18 Post by Perdita X » 16 Sep 2010 21:15

Arwen Arianna wrote:I've got something for all you Twilight "lovers" :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcO09syPTSw enjoy ;) guess I'll have to go to the cinema one of these days...
I read the entire Twilight series some years back (just so I knew what I was complaining about :mrgreen: ) and - guess what- the more I read, the more aggressive it made me. There are some pretty cool characters in there, I have to admit that. It COULD have been a good book. But- oh dear! Nope. It's kind of sad, really... :(
Anyways, at some point a friend dragged me along to the cinema to watch the "Twilight" movie, which was surprisingly "sober" compared to the book, if you know what I mean. Not quite that bad actually (glittering vampires aside :shock: ). So I eventually watched "New Moon"... and I totally agree with you. The movie sucks 8) Says it all XD I won't bother to watch "Eclipse"...
I've decided not to bother with the books, but my sis has and from what I understood from her I can describe 'm as "a Candlelight Novel that sucks"

End Of An Era

#19 Post by End Of An Era » 16 Sep 2010 21:19

My ex tricked me into seeing the first two movies. >_<
One weekend last year she said "hey, there's a cool vampire movie playing, shall we go tomorrow night? It's the sequel so we can rent the first one :) " Such we did. I got a little nervous when we stood in the videostore and saw the cover, i feared the movie itself when i read the backside and while seeing it i sought 'comfort' on the chest of my GF. :mrgreen: :lol:

but seriously, shitty movies, the first two, but like i said, i was tricked :(

Perdita X

#20 Post by Perdita X » 16 Sep 2010 22:49

She lied to you! She said the movies would be cool and then they weren't! Some gf, telling porkies like that.

ThePKH

#21 Post by ThePKH » 16 Sep 2010 23:48

If there's an increase in number of young females engaging in the acts of necrophilia and bestiality, I'm going to blame the twilight series.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Saurius

#22 Post by Saurius » 17 Sep 2010 00:37

no sarah you are not, i think the whole franchise (and this is only an objective observation, since im not familiar with the books or movies) sucks balls. all im getting from this comes down to: hormones, vampires, soft pron, drama, hormones, coitus.
"Sing it you pussies!"

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#23 Post by Metal Fan » 17 Sep 2010 20:11

I'm know some 14-16 year old (including myself) that hates it. wtf are people thinking?!? the word 'vampires' alone would make me not want to see it!
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Perdita X

#24 Post by Perdita X » 17 Sep 2010 20:18

Having read Carpe Jugulum makes vampires more tolerable. :mrgreen:

Arwen Arianna

#25 Post by Arwen Arianna » 18 Sep 2010 06:59

I used to like vampires. But you just can't get a decent vampire novel anymore these days.. the bookstores are flooded with these (even worse) Twilight rip-offs, it's awful! You're scared to even touch them :shock: Where did good ol' Bram Stoker go?!?
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

End Of An Era

#26 Post by End Of An Era » 18 Sep 2010 13:49

Perdita X wrote:She lied to you! She said the movies would be cool and then they weren't! Some gf, telling porkies like that.
hey, i told it was my ex gf right? :lol:

Lilyael

#27 Post by Lilyael » 18 Sep 2010 14:23

I read the first book and found it tedious but I slogged on, after all, ten zillion teenage girls can't be wrong, right??.....however, couldn't get through the rest of them. And as for the films....they are truly terrible. Make me want to kill someone.
What I don't get is that it's clearly ok for Edward to creep into Bella's room and stare at her sleeping, because he's 'hot'. ( no he isn't, he looks like a Neandethal with that forehead ). If it was a fat old man, it would be so, so wrong!
And as for the sparkly vampires.....oh dear god. What has the vampire-loving world ever done to deserve this piece of overrated turd pie? I wouldn't wipe my arse on Twilight, might contaminate my shit, which is a damn sight more accomplished and interesting than anything MS Meyer can churn out.'Oh, but Edward's, like, totally hot, like, he's, like, so....so...awesome!'
Even Harry Potter's better than this fucking shite.
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

Perdita X

#28 Post by Perdita X » 18 Sep 2010 19:33

End Of An Era wrote:
Perdita X wrote:She lied to you! She said the movies would be cool and then they weren't! Some gf, telling porkies like that.
hey, i told it was my ex gf right? :lol:
I know! I'd not stay with someone who tells lies like that!