Assassin's Creed

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Skyflat

Assassin's Creed

#1 Post by Skyflat » 08 Sep 2010 19:30

I think all the gamers know this AWESOME game!! :D I am waiting for the 3rd part of the game the "Brotherhood"

I saw the official video of the game and I think it will be fucking amazing!!
Last edited by Skyflat on 19 Sep 2010 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Hails from Cyprus!!!
http://www.Cy-Metal.com

The Rider Of Rohan

Re: Assassin's Creed

#2 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 08 Sep 2010 21:11

The first AC was great because it was so open-ended and because the setting was amazing. Part two had more linear and a less interesting setting and although the storyline in 2012 was quite interesting, I still think the game suffers from it.

Still, I'm looking forward to AC 2,5. Not only because the setting of glorious Rome (glorious home) sounds promising, but also because I'm interested in how the whole guild-managing idea is implemented. I'm half-expecting it to be a quick cash-in,. but I'm hoping for more.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Skyflat

#3 Post by Skyflat » 09 Sep 2010 01:59

All people, think that AC 1 is better because this game was so different from the others in that year (2008)... None game released before like Assassin's Creed, it was the best game... The 2nd part, which it has got better graphics than then 1st and I think a better storyline, it's also a fucking awesome game.... But the impression which people had from the 1st one still remaining... So, the AC 1 is the best for them.... But I prefer the 2nd... I am waiting for the new one, and I hope to change my vote :D
Hails from Cyprus!!!

The Rider Of Rohan

#4 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 17 Sep 2010 09:39

When is it coming out... next month or so?
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Saurius

#5 Post by Saurius » 17 Sep 2010 11:29

19th of november this year.
"Sing it you pussies!"

The Rider Of Rohan

#6 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 17 Sep 2010 17:53

Ooh... still seems so long away.

Fortunately lotsa other new releases to kill time with. :)
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#7 Post by Skyflat » 19 Sep 2010 02:05

Saurius wrote:19th of november this year.
16th of November! :wink: See at the end of the official video!!
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Saurius

#8 Post by Saurius » 19 Sep 2010 16:52

last time i checked through gametrailers.com it said 19th, who cares its halfway through november
"Sing it you pussies!"

Cerbere

#9 Post by Cerbere » 21 Sep 2010 02:07

I just finished plating through the second one. Although the first one was more unique and interesting, I enjoyed the second one more because it wasn't so damn repetitive. I think that both of the games were too short though, and I cannot wait for the multiplayer on Brotherhood.

The Rider Of Rohan

#10 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 21 Sep 2010 19:02

I think it's cool when a game is just a bit too short, because it makes you want to come back for more.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#11 Post by Skyflat » 21 Sep 2010 19:12

And more, and more...++!!!

You don't want to stop this game!!
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Cerbere

#12 Post by Cerbere » 21 Sep 2010 23:50

Yes, better too short than too long, because if it's too long I won't finish it.

Skyflat

#13 Post by Skyflat » 22 Sep 2010 21:24

Games like AC are my favorites!!!
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Led Guardian

#14 Post by Led Guardian » 22 Sep 2010 23:11

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:I think it's cool when a game is just a bit too short, because it makes you want to come back for more.
I prefer the perfect length personally. 8) If the game's good, I'll want to play it again anyway.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Skyflat

#15 Post by Skyflat » 17 Nov 2010 20:55

Yeeaahh!!!! Yesterday the 3rd part was released!!! :twisted:
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Pure Steel

#16 Post by Pure Steel » 18 Nov 2010 10:35

Skyflat wrote:Yeeaahh!!!! Yesterday the 3rd part was released!!! :twisted:
I'll buy it and then I'll tell you what's my favourite one.
Lo, there do I see my father... lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers... lo, there do I see the line of my peolple back to the beginning... lo, the do call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live Forever!!!!

Skyflat

#17 Post by Skyflat » 18 Nov 2010 20:57

Pure Steel wrote:
Skyflat wrote:Yeeaahh!!!! Yesterday the 3rd part was released!!! :twisted:
I'll buy it and then I'll tell you what's my favourite one.
I didn't buy it yet, but it's on the list!! :!: About the trailers, this must be fucking amazing!!
Hails from Cyprus!!!

The Rider Of Rohan

#18 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 27 Nov 2010 17:45

I've started playing the new one and although it is to early for pe to pass judgement, it does make clear just what a unique franchise AC really is. One thing I like is the impressiveness of the package as a whole. Last year I pointed out some evident rpg-elements in part two, and in this part they're even more prominent (during the first few hours at least). And they really nailed the storytelling in this part, which is a first for the series too.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Drex

#19 Post by Drex » 29 Nov 2010 15:52

I'm about 25 hours into it, and I'm only on Sequence 5 with about 50% synchronization... this is definitely my favorite in the series. I'm not even half way through this game and I'm already eagerly anticipating the next installment for next year!

Skyflat

#20 Post by Skyflat » 29 Nov 2010 19:21

Ohh man!! I will get it in two weeks from now!! :P
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Cerbere

#21 Post by Cerbere » 30 Nov 2010 08:52

I got it on release date but unfortunetaly haven't put that much time into it (black ops). It's definitely my favorite of the series so far and I am quite impressed by the online.

Skyflat

#22 Post by Skyflat » 16 Dec 2010 23:00

I bought it yesterday!!! Awesome!! Just amazing!! :P
Hails from Cyprus!!!

The Rider Of Rohan

#23 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 26 Dec 2010 15:38

A month since it games out, and I barely touched it. Strange experience. Even though it's in many ways the best game in the series, everytime I do play it I feel like I'm playing the same game I played last year all over again.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#24 Post by Skyflat » 27 Dec 2010 16:30

@The Rider Of Rohan. Because my friend, it's the same game!! Each one have different story but they are connected with some way!! :P
Hails from Cyprus!!!

The Rider Of Rohan

#25 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 27 Dec 2010 18:44

True, though the difference between Brotherhood and AC2 is nowhere near as large as the difference between AC and AC2.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#26 Post by Skyflat » 29 Dec 2010 02:44

Okay, the AC1 was completely different on graphics... But the AC2 and AC3 are the same. The Menu, The Loading and much more are the same!! The only difference is the story! :P
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Mackasfour

#27 Post by Mackasfour » 04 Jan 2011 14:10

<3 Brotherhood.. Love the MP :D
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Cerbere

#28 Post by Cerbere » 06 Jan 2011 00:42

Skyflat wrote:Okay, the AC1 was completely different on graphics... But the AC2 and AC3 are the same. The Menu, The Loading and much more are the same!! The only difference is the story! :P
I don't think he was talking about graphics. I got the same feeling too, it seems more just like a expansion to AC2 than a real sequel.

Drex

#29 Post by Drex » 07 Jan 2011 16:05

Which is why it wasn't called Assassin's Creed 3. :wink:

The Rider Of Rohan

#30 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 08 Jan 2011 16:35

After extensive playing I have come to the conclusion that this is beyond a doubt the worst part in the series so far.

What it does right is that it takes what was already there - the graphics, the control, the sprites, but the game takes it all downhill from there. Mission design is terrible. AC used to be about achieving a goal the way you saw fit. Wanted stealth? You got stealth. Wanted combat? There you go. This time around the game hands you so many sub-objectives that (and in fact punishes you if you don't follow them) you have to apply to. All of a sudden you are not playing the game you want to: you spent all of your time trying to figure out how the developers want you to play the game - because if you don't, there's desynchronisation.

It's gamedesign that should've ended somewhere after the 8-bit era.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Drex

#31 Post by Drex » 09 Jan 2011 16:41

You don't HAVE to do it their way... that's just if you want to get 100% sync, which is totally unnecessary. You don't get anything for sull sync besides some lame cheats that you can only use when replaying a mission. Play it the way you want, and then if you really want 100%, go back and do their challenges for the missions.

The Rider Of Rohan

#32 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 09 Jan 2011 19:11

I can't say I agree to that. In the first AC you had two objectives:

a) kill the target
b) don't die

AC:B hands out multiple additional objectives: go to the spot through a linear path, don't get seen, don't let the timer run out, reach the destination without anyone following you, or don't kill anyone. Especially this last part borders on the ridiculous. I'm an assassin for Nero's sake, so what's the point in spending three games turning me into a killing machine then suddenly punishing me for it?

In fact: I completed the game despite numerous failed attempts. Please note: I never once failed a) or b), but everytime I had to start over it was because I didn't make these secondary demands (which at times the game even fails to make clear until the desynchronisation-screen arises and forces you to start over). And I'm not talking about complete synchronisation or the Romerus/Leonardo-missions either: it's the storyline too that forces toy to play the game in a very specific way.

A good example is the Colosseum-mission, where you have to infiltrate. You get spotted, you start over. Timer runs out, you start over. Hit the ground? Start over. All of this amounts to multiple try-outs where you have to memorize the position and movement of every npc in the game, each attempt gaining a bit more ground, until you finally figure out how they suppose you to play the game. Towards the end there's another part where you first spent ten minutes going through a set path, then have to make fifty (!) jumps in exactly the right order. Of course if you fail them, you have to do them all over again.

So all in all, it reeks of a quick cash-in. They've obviously taken a great franchise, handed it over to a less talented team with the objective of quickly putting together some missions and the obligatory multiplayer, and release it before Christmas.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Drex

#33 Post by Drex » 10 Jan 2011 16:00

Huh. I guess you're right. I had totally forgotten about the Colosseum mission. There weren't that many (that I can remember!) like that though, and they really didn't bother me much so I can't complain. I still had the most fun playing this one, but that may be due to the fact that I had several games to play when I got AC2 and was kinda trying to rush through it... and Brotherhood actually had multiplayer that I liked to play.

The Rider Of Rohan

#34 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 10 Jan 2011 19:00

Yeah, I rushed it too. Normally when I play AC I want to get at least all the sidemissions, towers et cetera, but this time I couldn't be bothered.

I still have major problems with the storyline too. I'll quote it and write it in white letters. in the next post, as there's some major spoilage coming up. Highlight it with a mouse if you want to read it.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

The Rider Of Rohan

#35 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 10 Jan 2011 19:07

I mean, what's up with the plotline in this installment? In the previous two games they were really good. I'm not talking about the Altair/Ezio-storyline, but the Desmond/Lucy-one. Because the part inside the Animus is basically secondary to the actual plotline that takes place in 2012, which is the actual story the game has to tell.

In the previous parts this main storyline had twists and turns - interesting stuff happening as the game progressed. The templars and assassins would take turns trying to outdo each other and Desmond would discover more about his place in the plot This time there's no intrigue, the Templars don't even appear in 2012, there's no interesting e-mails to be found, it's all nothing special at all - just the four assassins going to Rome where Lucy dies in the end (which is an even bigger anticlimax than in the previous two games).
spamel wrote:
Periods.

t.a.j.

#36 Post by t.a.j. » 10 Jan 2011 22:25

Achievements are the worst game design desease since save points. The only ever annoy me and take away from the purity of the game.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

The Rider Of Rohan

#37 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jan 2011 18:44

Nobody's talking about achievements here. :wink:
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Led Guardian

#38 Post by Led Guardian » 13 Jan 2011 06:36

t.a.j. wrote:Achievements are the worst game design desease since save points. The only ever annoy me and take away from the purity of the game.
Save points were the best innovation in game history. You want to talk about something annoying, then look no further than having to start over whenever you die. I'd like to see ALL of the game without having to be a pro and without having to do it in one sitting, thank you very much.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

The Rider Of Rohan

#39 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 13 Jan 2011 14:12

In fact: the very first Zelda on the NES revolutionised the world of videogames when it introduced the idea of safepoints. Were it not for that revolution, videogaming would've been stuck at the level of Space Invaders and Galaga, i.e. games which are repetitive by nature and offer goals which can only be achieved within a short timespan, such as beating a high-score. Without savepoints videogames couldn't have developed into the multimedia-experiences with mazing storytelling-capabilities they are now.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#40 Post by Skyflat » 13 Jan 2011 19:22

Mackasfour wrote:<3 Brotherhood.. Love the MP :D
+1000 :mrgreen:
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Saurius

#41 Post by Saurius » 17 Feb 2011 13:50

been playing for a week now and holy fuck i have to agree with Ferdi (Rohan). This game = frustration. It has been released to early, too many bugs... after completing the truth section (im in sequence 7 now) the cutscene where desmond gets out of the animus (or well is supposed to) and talks to lucy... i didnt get out of the chair and when i could walk around i spawned in the chair itself so the only option i had was to go back into the animus, and couldnt go over and talk to the team.

as ferdi pointed out, the limitations you get are annoying. fucking hell, i even had one point at the vatican mission (save Sforza) that I got around a corner and BAM all of the sudden two guards spawned and I was detected. Also horses with guards on them come out of nowhere. I'm gonna finish the game but definitely gonna send an angry mail to ubisoft that they fucked this one up royaly :?
"Sing it you pussies!"

The Rider Of Rohan

#42 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 17 Feb 2011 20:02

I remember that mission, and it was indeed terrible. You're supposed to be an assassin, but instead of killing people you end up running errands for npc's you don't care about in the first place, as if you're some medieval James fucking Bond. The fuck dude, the fuck.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Saurius

#43 Post by Saurius » 18 Feb 2011 00:42

finished it. ending was better than the overall game. though again confusing as fuck and lame-ish... browsing for some answers/theories to find a more soothing explanation.
"Sing it you pussies!"

The Rider Of Rohan

#44 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 18 Feb 2011 19:18

Please, let me know if you find some. I googled and found nothing that interesting. The ending is pretty bad. At least in the first two parts the game gave you hints and left you guessing. This time there's not much to guess about. It ends with a cliffhanger, which can only be figured out by playing the next part.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Saurius

#45 Post by Saurius » 20 Feb 2011 13:46

Spoiler, thus in quote and in white
Well I've found some theories about how Lucy is a Templar, some saying she is not, some saying it has something to do about the purity of the blood. Some are interesting others are plain stupid as usual. Anyway the next main story game will be around the French Revolution. The last thing Shaun states about the free mason thing and the hat thing are only seen together in the declaration of the rights of men. Link to some theories on another forum, first page and second page or so. Didn't care for any later ones. http://forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=8 ... e=1#871200 The truth part about Desmond being also subject 16 I think is far fetched. Though still disappointing game overall.
"Sing it you pussies!"

t.a.j.

#46 Post by t.a.j. » 20 Feb 2011 13:58

Led Guardian wrote:
t.a.j. wrote:Achievements are the worst game design desease since save points. The only ever annoy me and take away from the purity of the game.
Save points were the best innovation in game history. You want to talk about something annoying, then look no further than having to start over whenever you die. I'd like to see ALL of the game without having to be a pro and without having to do it in one sitting, thank you very much.
How about pressing a button to save whenever you want?
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Skyflat

#47 Post by Skyflat » 24 Mar 2011 20:17

t.a.j. wrote:How about pressing a button to save whenever you want?
+1 :P
Hails from Cyprus!!!

Frozen within

Re: #2Lv good

#48 Post by Frozen within » 24 Mar 2011 20:48

louisV09 wrote:good
Quite the expansive vocabulary you got there eh ?
Eat more vegetables !

The Rider Of Rohan

#49 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 30 Mar 2011 18:18

t.a.j. wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:
How about pressing a button to save whenever you want?
Well, what's wrong with it?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#50 Post by Skyflat » 01 Apr 2011 11:11

Is there any button?
Hails from Cyprus!!!