Avatar (the movie, not forum avatars)

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Palantyre

Avatar (the movie, not forum avatars)

#1 Post by Palantyre » 21 Dec 2009 03:05

So I just saw this movie today in 3D, with a couple of my pals.

Well, let's just say I've finally forgiven Cameron for making Titanic.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Sleeping Dragon

Re: Avatar (the movie, not forum avatars)

#2 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 21 Dec 2009 09:05

yeah, but is it just a lot of awesome effects or does it actually have a storyline value?
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Mackasfour

#3 Post by Mackasfour » 21 Dec 2009 09:24

I hear, good effects, shit storyline
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

faery

#4 Post by faery » 21 Dec 2009 10:45

It depends on how you look at the storyline. If you're just looking for cliche's and shit, yeah, than the storyline is not all that. If you're looking at it in the tradition of science fiction from the 50's (very engaged and stuff, about society and change) than it is not that bad. In my opinion at least.

[spoiler alert]

I saw the movie yesterday (in german :shock: ) and it took me a little while to get into it. The visual effects are amazing, and I think they managed to have the "blue people" (my lack of remembering names really becomes visible here) look quite realistic. I think I was really sucked in after the scene where the main-character takes flight for the first time, but even more after the father of the girl died: she was really sad and hurt, in a very visible way, which does not happen often in holywood-movies of this kind. That touched me. And after that, the whole big battle, where they actually seemed to lose and some semi-important characters die, and then the animals come to rescue (unexpectedly): wow!

[/spoiler alert]

MarchOfTime

#5 Post by MarchOfTime » 21 Dec 2009 15:07

I think people are too critical of the 300 million dollars USD put to the effects, just because a movie is pretty means it cannot have a good story?

Cameron created an entire world, and then built the story around it. I think its the best movie of the past decade. The story is great, the effects are great,there's characters develop, what more do you want?

it more than makes up for Titanic :lol:
Bow down in the platinum maze
Twilight cathedrals spread the system plague
Forging sacred thrones in the void unseen
Merciless judgement in the church of the machine

Belgarion

#6 Post by Belgarion » 21 Dec 2009 17:11

Titanic is a great movie.
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

Guilherme

#7 Post by Guilherme » 21 Dec 2009 18:20

The story is Cliché, it's basically pocahontas, or dance with wolves. In Space.

The characters tough, make you feel such a strong emotional connection that it pays off for the overall story shortcomings.

The visuals and audio are a perfect 10/10. Go watch it on Imax 3d. It's one of the biggest cinema experiences I ever had.

V E I N

Palantyre

#8 Post by Palantyre » 21 Dec 2009 20:50

Yeah, the story is quite simple, and it's not exactly unheard of. But regardelss, it's a GOOD story, and well told in the movie. A complex and "original" plot has no intrinsic value, what really matters is how the plot is executed and the story told.

And the visual side isn't just about the galaxies exploding effects, it's also the overall design. And the design is magnificent, working together with the cinematography and the story and the characters to make Avatar a really beautiful movie.

MarchOfTime

#9 Post by MarchOfTime » 21 Dec 2009 22:16

And the visual side isn't just about the galaxies exploding effects, it's also the overall design. And the design is magnificent, working together with the cinematography and the story and the characters to make Avatar a really beautiful movie.
couldn't have said it better myself.

End Of An Era

#10 Post by End Of An Era » 21 Dec 2009 23:36

seen it too last weekend, though the 2d version.

Was very very impressed by the thouroughness of the whole ecosystem, it was very convincing and actually made sense too in some ways :) Story is good on average, some points excelled, some points it was too obvious, but hey, what good movie doesn´t have that eh? ;)

teo_guardian

#11 Post by teo_guardian » 22 Dec 2009 21:09

the story is great...yes it has a lot of elements we've seen over and over again in other movies
but in this movie these elements are presented in a great way....
Also it's a movie that holds you there and it makes you feel and understand this world cameron made..
You forget that you are watching a movie in a lot of parts...i wanna watch it again on cinema and on 3d

Sarah

#12 Post by Sarah » 27 Dec 2009 00:47

Saw it in 3D, can barely get over it....

A bit cheesy, but absolutely beautiful :)
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Arwen Arianna

#13 Post by Arwen Arianna » 29 Dec 2009 20:04

Saw it twice now..
Really beautiful... never mind the storyline ;) I've seen worse.
But I truly want a forest like that :shock:
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

power_dysfunction

#14 Post by power_dysfunction » 30 Dec 2009 22:29

I just saw it last night. Now, the last '3D' thing I saw was the Terminator 2 thing at the Universal Studios themepark, better than ten years ago; I hadn't seen any of the current crop of movies using the new 3D tech. So, my mind was absolutely blown by how Avatar looked. Yeah, it was cliched like everybody says, but Sam Worthington turned in an excellent performance, the characters were well-formed and relatable, and holy fuck I have never seen anything that looked like that.
Though the towers of the city are denied to we men of clay
still we know we shall scale the heights some day.
Frightened in the silence -
frightened, but thinking very hard,
let us make computations of the stars.

Mahoora

#15 Post by Mahoora » 31 Dec 2009 02:09

Just saw it tonight in 2D, and it's one of the best movies i've seen in years 8) great story, great effects, great acting and great directing. also I think it's one of the most original story lines: innovative and unheard of before
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.
You can't take it with you. act III,scene I

West Virginia Mule

#16 Post by West Virginia Mule » 31 Dec 2009 07:10

It's a left wing propaganda film, blah blah blah. I refuse to submit. That $300 million could have been redistributed to illegal aliens or used to fund ACORN. Shameful waste of resources.
KILROY WAS HERE

MarchOfTime

#17 Post by MarchOfTime » 06 Jan 2010 00:14

I would rather the 300 million go to a great Movie like Avatar; take the budget of a bunch of crap movies and send that to ACORN or something.....

Skyclad

#18 Post by Skyclad » 06 Jan 2010 00:16

West Virginia Mule wrote:It's a left wing propaganda film, blah blah blah. I refuse to submit. That $300 million could have been redistributed to illegal aliens or used to fund ACORN. Shameful waste of resources.

So, you want to take a private citizens hard earned money and put it into government programs. interesting.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Led Guardian

#19 Post by Led Guardian » 06 Jan 2010 00:31

I concur wholeheartedly with Guilherme and Palantyre.
West Virginia Mule wrote:It's a left wing propaganda film, blah blah blah. I refuse to submit. That $300 million could have been redistributed to illegal aliens or used to fund ACORN. Shameful waste of resources.
You tell them Mule. You should never submit to those who urge you to treat the environment that sustains you responsibly.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

West Virginia Mule

#20 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Jan 2010 06:23

Skyclad wrote:So, you want to take a private citizens hard earned money and put it into government programs. interesting.
Yes. Private citizens have no right to keep what they've earned. Government seizures of property and wealth. Redistribution. Everyone the same. A smothering wet blanket to initiative, creativity and reward seeking to eliminate risk but, in reality, eliminating the daring that advances civilization. Controlled from above by the world-governing masters, the circle of elites. Only they know how we should live our lives. Worship the state. Utopia in our time.
You should never submit to those who urge you to treat the environment that sustains you responsibly.
There's nothing wrong with the environment. Other than how fucking cold it is.

The scientific priesthood that surrounds the cult religion of global warming seems far more determined to protect the theory from the rigors of scientific method than to open it up to challenge. This bespeaks a couple of important things:

1) that so jealously guarding global warming theory from scrutiny and challenge means that its advocates have little confidence in it;

2) that it reduces the theory to an article of faith, which anyone is entitled to hold, but not to impose on the rest of us.

This is what America voted for: The Communist state had guaranteed heating and electricity for all, just as it had guaranteed universal free medical care, but blackouts were frequent and long, and water shortages predictable: two days off, one day on. Every night, the heat was turned off at nine o'clock. I slept in a cold room under a mountain of blankets, sometimes lying awake as my breath rose like smoke in the moonlight. Then I got very sick, but I refused to be taken to the hospital for fear of being made sicker. Each morning, a shabbily dressed population reemerged on the streets, crouching against the cold, beaten down by hardship, hunger, untreated disease, and the extinction of all human dreams.

According to The Messiah's Copenhagen Fraud Agreement:

1. The U.S would reduce CO2 emissions (there's your corrupt, criminal, self-defeating cap and fucking tax), increasing U.S. energy costs, causing inflation, and worsening the trade deficits.

2. The U.S. would pay reparations (Reparations? For what? Two centuries of prosperity? An apology for being better than the rest of the world? Fuck your reparations.) of $10 billion a year by 2012, and about $33 billion per year by 2020. Tax Americans into submission and give our national wealth to countries that hate us.

3. China would be able to increase or, at least, not decrease CO2 emissions, keeping energy costs stable and their economy growing. Let China do what they want while we kill ourselves for nothing. Sure. It's a brilliant plan.

Filled with hate, in love with death, the leftists want to kill 95% of the earth's population and enjoy what's left as a spoil. They live to strip citizens of their liberty, wealth and very lives so that they can feel half-alive...in the manner of serial killers.

It's no more individualism--it's now fascism--and what's good for the state is all that matters now. Every aspect of your life will be determined by the state. You will be told where you can work, how much you can make, where you can live, how many children you can have, what kind of food you can eat, what you can watch on TV, what you can read in the state controlled papers. You will be told what kind of medical treatment you can receive. Your children will be taught what the state wants to teach them. There will be no end to what our new masters will do to us to "improve" our lives.

This is your hope. This is your change.
KILROY WAS HERE

power_dysfunction

#21 Post by power_dysfunction » 06 Jan 2010 07:25

I'm sorry, I missed the point where Avatar mentioned/reference/was a metaphor for global warming?
Though the towers of the city are denied to we men of clay
still we know we shall scale the heights some day.
Frightened in the silence -
frightened, but thinking very hard,
let us make computations of the stars.

Palantyre

#22 Post by Palantyre » 06 Jan 2010 07:39

You sure you've been taking your pills lately, Mule?

Sleeping Dragon

#23 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 06 Jan 2010 08:17

i think he's been taking the blue ones.

Skyclad

#24 Post by Skyclad » 06 Jan 2010 16:13

There's no global warming because it's still cold in Winter.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Sleeping Dragon

#25 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 06 Jan 2010 18:11

no, there's no global warming because it doesn't fit with our current social, economical and ideological models. if it were to fit, it would have been the hand of god.

Lilyael

#26 Post by Lilyael » 07 Jan 2010 00:20

I thought it was a social statement on the Native Americans VS Red Commie Bastards
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

t.a.j.

#27 Post by t.a.j. » 07 Jan 2010 00:29

Lilyael wrote:I thought it was a social statement on the Native Americans VS Red Commie Bastards
I'm sorry, I don't catch the irony. Are you serious and stupid or am I missing something?
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#28 Post by Metal Fan » 07 Jan 2010 21:25

I saw Avatar in 3D. The 3D quality stinked. But the move was great!!
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Sleeping Dragon

#29 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 08 Jan 2010 10:31

hehe, exactly the opposite:

3D was way better than i expected, it's actually a great piece of technology with a lot of potential. the story was the most obvious plot i've ever seen in a movie, but i get why they did that. it's kinda smart to break in a kickass expensive new technology and not risk it with a movie that the wide public may not like.

all in all go see it, IN 3D, it's awesome. :mrgreen:

and cut the bullcrap about the environmental preaching. it's annoying, yeah, but what do you expect from mixing the plot of Pocahontas with mechwarriors and dragon-riding blue giants?

Palantyre

#30 Post by Palantyre » 08 Jan 2010 11:22

what do you expect from mixing the plot of Pocahontas with mechwarriors and dragon-riding blue giants?
Pocahontas as it bloody should have been. Rah.

West Virginia Mule

#31 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jan 2010 14:11

Palantyre wrote:You sure you've been taking your pills lately, Mule?
Yeah. There's this 2-3 hour period after I down a handful of chemical correction where I pretty much just start singing random showtune nsongs and thinking about our dog being able to talk. Then I get out of breath (even just talking gets me outta breath; that's how close I'm crouching on the reaper's doorstep) and I get that chest, arm, neck pain, that old friend. Then it begins again. Sometimes my behavior becomes even more loopy and disjointed. They call this an improvement over the old stress and so-called depression, but I ain't so sure.

in any case, it's always fun to come to the forum when I'm singing and dancing and listening to my dog explain global warming to me.

Also, I have not seen this Avatar movie and have little idea what it's even about. I was just tweaking people here. All I know is that president Maobama took his family to see it I Hawaii, which is enough for me to conclude that it employs Anti-American propaganda under the guise of sconce fiction. Maobama should have been visiting Rush in the hospital, giving him flowers and a get well soon card, not watching movies and plotting the death of the United States. Liberals pretend to be so compassionate, but the reality is all they care about is themselves and Gaia. Let the rest of us burn.

In other news, it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Environmentalism is not about the environment. It's about control. Because only the elite ruling class is qualified to run our lives, not us, not the people. I wonder how many American citizens remember that the government only has the power we LET them have. They work for us. They exist because we let them exist. And now they brazenly ignore the overwhelming will of the people, deciding that we no longer are a representative republic, that the people serve the state instead of the other way around. That's what we used to call revolution talk back in the day. Now...well, we just watch a football game and don't pay attention. And that's how it slips away. Apathy. Complacency.

Midniiiiight and the kitties are sleeeeping...dum de dum dum...

Is Avatar about Europeans killing Indians? If so, awesome. Except it's pobably all bleeding heart, whah whah whah. You know, I felt a little compassion for the alien bugs in Secion 9, but for blue Indians living in teepees on good land where a mall or a minority housing project could be built, he'll no. "Waste the motherfuckers," as Samuel L. Jackson said in that Rules of Engagement movie. Sorry about the profanity, but it was a quote. It's not like I said it.

I took my daily handful of pills about two hours ago. Can you tell the difference between the floating Mule and the mud-bound Mule? You know what, don't answer that that. You all suck. Except for Mikko. And those other people. But the rest of you? Suck. Big suck. Big rotten, festering, diseased sphere of suckage.

When Avatar comes to home video I'm going to buy 20 copies of it. And keep the receipt to use at the doctor so my kids can get healthcare from Obama. I'll show 'em my loyalty to the Azure Indians and they'll bump us right to the head of the line so we only have to wait three years to see a doctor at the DMV.

When Obamacare goes into effect I'll be kicked out of the US anyway because my body mass index won't comply with national standards and I'll be deemed a burden on the state, a fatty boombalatty. Then I'll have to move to Mexico and sneak back into the US, making me a legal citizen again and, at which point, they will be unable to discriminate against me and my bulbous buttocks because I'll be a Mexican and PCness dictates minorities get a free pass on matters where Evil White Folks are made to submit and repent.

In the end nothing matters. Felo de se. Make it end. Somewhere this train went sailing off the tracks and all the pills in the world ain't gonna fix it. Fuck. Sorry about the profanity. Is it we have too little time in this life, or is it that we have far too much? The answer lies in better self-deception and distraction and, failing that, substance abuse or prescription medication. But it doesn't keep things floating for long. Things just don't mean anything. Why wake up? Why do anything? It's all a circle that keeps crashing back into itself, devoid of meaning and reason, a space negated, nothing.

Fucking Avatar. Sorry about the profanity. Is ghvcffffvvvvvvgfffgjvcdsssdghhnjjkkkkmnnnnnbbbbbbhjnnnnn
jhhhj
hdhdjjjejrjfjfjfjjfjd
jrhjmdhrjrjrmdjdksjdjdhddkdjdjdjdhhdjfjfdnqdbxm

hi :)
KILROY WAS HERE

Sleeping Dragon

#32 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 08 Jan 2010 14:29

you lost me about halfway through, mule. i liked the part with the talking dog, though.

MarchOfTime

#33 Post by MarchOfTime » 08 Jan 2010 14:37

I lost ya mule after "I have not seen Avatar yet",
do u expect us to read the rest of what you have to say w/o u even seeing the movie first? so please return and share your opinions once you have done so. And if it ISNT directly related to the movie, then don't post it.....

Sleeping Dragon

#34 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 08 Jan 2010 15:55

MarchOfTime wrote:...then don't post it.....

that'll only make him rant about how obama is violating his freedom of talking bull.

West Virginia Mule

#35 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jan 2010 20:09

MarchOfTime wrote:I lost ya mule after "I have not seen Avatar yet",
Who the fuck are you and why are you talking to me? Fuck you.
do u expect us to read the rest of what you have to say w/o u even seeing the movie first?
What movie? What the fuck are you talking about? Do I expect you to read what I wrote? Who the fuck are you and why do you keep thinking you have the right to speak to me as an equal. I am forum royalty. I'll write anythin in this topic or any topic I want. Royalty. Do you hear me? Can you hear me now? Fucking royalty. I banish you from my presence.
so please return and share your opinions once you have done so.
I fucking well will not. Unless I want to. Then I will. Or I won't.
And if it ISNT directly related to the movie, then don't post it.....
Really? You want to keep the topic on topic? That's so sweet. However, I'm afraid I'm going to have to do what I want when I want and I don't want to hear about what you want.
Go back to wherever you came from. RhrhdhsneuhsnskhhqhsMsmmsmjjsmsnsshwamsmsmsjejdjdndnnsndndndnxnndmas
dxjxjdjznzjdjxjzjz

Drhdgfzhj

so
KILROY WAS HERE

End Of An Era

#36 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Jan 2010 20:47

royalty? maybe.. royal pain in the ass? most definitely :P

West Virginia Mule

#37 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jan 2010 21:01

Royalty! I banish you from my kingdom, peasant. Peon. Serf. Begone, ye begetter of foulness and disease. And take that MarchofDimes with you.
KILROY WAS HERE

End Of An Era

#38 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Jan 2010 21:18

hmm, kingdom? i thought you were into the whole republican idea ;)

West Virginia Mule

#39 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jan 2010 22:00

I'm not a republican. I'm a conservative. a kingdom of royyyyyyyforummdxj A sndjdkdabcirne>|%~^~*{nene

Xji
zI&$3$73838/9:'€~£~£~¥¥|¥

€[]
KILROY WAS HERE

Palantyre

#40 Post by Palantyre » 08 Jan 2010 22:06

MarchOfTime wrote:u u, u u, w/o u, u u
USE WHOLE FUCKING WORDS GODDAMNIT.

End Of An Era

#41 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Jan 2010 22:09

West Virginia Mule wrote:I'm not a republican. I'm a conservative. a kingdom of royyyyyyyforummdxj A sndjdkdabcirne>|%~^~*{nene

Xji
zI&$3$73838/9:'€~£~£~¥¥|¥

€[]
hey, i recognize that! has your cat been walking your keyboard? ;)

Sleeping Dragon

#42 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 08 Jan 2010 22:25

his cat sure is adept at Shift usage and Ascii typing.

MarchOfTime

#43 Post by MarchOfTime » 08 Jan 2010 22:31

You so funny mule, you and your ego make MoT laugh

West Virginia Mule

#44 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jan 2010 22:35

Get on his ass, Mikko! :lol: Tell him we hold ourselves to a higher standard of writing here. Damnd boobs. Err...noobs, I mean. Sometimes the autocomplete function on this phone is funny. But usually not.

And no, no cats are crawling on my keyboard. I don't have cats. I don't like cats. I will not get a cat. My major malfunction in this case can be summed up as follows: fat thumbs + iPhone touch screen = random chaos

Also...I'm at work and, as such, am heavily medicated to deal with the stress of running my kingdom. But what I want to know is what song do you want to hear? Free Bird? You got it.

Wah-waaaaaaaa wah-waaaaaaaa wah-waa-waa-waa-waa-waah... (<-- that's me humming Gary Rossington's slide guitar)
KILROY WAS HERE

End Of An Era

#45 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Jan 2010 22:43

only inferior kings have stress ruling their kingdom.. somewhere down the line i guess you're just another bastard child of a greater man...

West Virginia Mule

Re: Avatar (the movie, not forum avatars)A

#46 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jan 2010 23:05

My kingdom is imaginary. Like my life. Like this forum and the people pretending to exist within it.

And yes, I am the child failure of a great man. I do not deserve to carry his name. Not lucky enough to be bastard born.

I'm turning serious. You've sucked all the fun out of this. All I wanted to do was discuss the brilliant, bedazzling, landmark film called Avatar, and yet people cannot stay on topic.
KILROY WAS HERE

Sleeping Dragon

#47 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 08 Jan 2010 23:14

damn hippies... :evil:

End Of An Era

#48 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Jan 2010 23:15

yeah trolls are soo annoying!!
WVM: are you with me? we're going to put up a new forum, for which you have to pay and stay on topic or we will send Homeland Security to kick their asses!

Lilyael

#49 Post by Lilyael » 08 Jan 2010 23:31

t.a.j. wrote:
Lilyael wrote:I thought it was a social statement on the Native Americans VS Red Commie Bastards
I'm sorry, I don't catch the irony. Are you serious and stupid or am I missing something?
you are missing something. Iwouldn't worry about it.

I saw this last night, was pleasantly entertained, can't say 3d added anything in particular, and it was rather cheesy in parts. The natives were almost portrayed as tree-hugging hippies. And there was the science question which we shouldn't get into as it's anal. But overall, well worth a watch :)
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

Kyhdän kanssa tuomme

#50 Post by Kyhdän kanssa tuomme » 09 Jan 2010 20:09

Guilherme wrote:The story is Cliché, it's basically pocahontas, or dance with wolves. In Space.

The characters tough, make you feel such a strong emotional connection that it pays off for the overall story shortcomings.

The visuals and audio are a perfect 10/10. Go watch it on Imax 3d. It's one of the biggest cinema experiences I ever had.
Interesting, I also called it 'basically pocahontas IN SPACE.'

it goes like this [spoiler]:

Guy goes on to infiltrate some natives for his evil masters, BUT OOHHH NO, over time he gains a respect for their ANCIENT CULTURE and he FALLS IN LOVE with A PRINCESS there but THEY FIND OUT HIS ORIGINAL MISSION and he then FINALLY WINS BACK THEIR TRUST BY TURNING ON HIS OLD MASTERS and then THEY GET MARRIED.

but then IN SPACE.[/spoiler]

Very original, yes.

But then again, it's as clichéd as most films, if this had a special effect budged ten times the less it would have cost half and grossed about 230 mil USD, not 1 105 mil USD. It's a standard film, cliché, praedictable, you know how it's going to end if you're ten minutes into it, you know he's going to fall in love, you know they're going to find out, because they're just formulaic plot elements that have been used thousands of time and if you don't use them it won't sell because the audience for some reason seems to like it if you can dream the film in advance but still hates it if you put on spoilers, no idea why. But in that it's not worse than most films I suppose, most films are just cuh-rap.
Kahdeksaksi, minä noen kanssasi kyrjään, joiden tähden ja sinun kiitiä, oletko, jo?