I want to read the Bible

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Spectrum

I want to read the Bible

#1 Post by Spectrum » 28 Jun 2007 19:23

I want to read the Bible, or at least parts of it. Now, I know that the Bible is traditionally not considered fantasy section, so my placing the topic in this section is controversial.

To explain: I am not Christian. I am not particularly interested in the messages, the philosophy and the morality. I am, however, interested in religion and mythology in general. As such, I am looking for some cool, "juicy" myths. Just like other mythologies I've read about, I see it as a bunch of possibly cool stories - just like fantasy fiction.

I am thinking of reading the Book of Revelations, but other than that, I think I will be most interested in the Old Testament (where God was more evil :twisted:). But the whole thing is very long, so I am wondering if someone can recommend some cool parts to read?

Thank you.

(Another part of my interest is the archaic English which one tends to associate with myths and religious texts. To this end, I've procured an English King James Bible from the 1600s. :D)

Note: If you are Christian and are offended by my labelling of biblical texts as "myths" (juicy or otherwise), or God as "evil", then please leave now and don't post. This is not a religious debate, and I don't want it to turn into one. So DO NOT start discussing whether Christianity is good or evil, or true or false.

NP: Dimmu Borgir - The Heretic Hammer
- Spectrum
Some guy from [url=http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0360.html]the Order of the Stick[/url] wrote:Did someone apply the "Half-Moron" template to your base creature?

Giberelina

#2 Post by Giberelina » 28 Jun 2007 20:23

I remember I started to read the old testament for the same reason a few years ago. Well, about the genesis and exodus you already know and of course you have an evil God there (he almost eclipse Cthulhu, my god :P ). Other books that I didn't read but sound promising are Ezequiel and Jonas. Hmm, a jew or christian could anwser better (though I myself studied in a catholic school, but they didn't teach me the 'fun' part)

Ulonden and Ariel

#3 Post by Ulonden and Ariel » 29 Jun 2007 00:41

I am blind, and could only read the bible on tape. Well, I'm actually half blinded, but anyway, the one on tape is the new testiment, so I can't help you, but I am interested as well. Also0, I am christian, but you can garrentee that there will be a post, just ignore it. i don't push my religion on people, but other ignorant ones might anyway. That's part of life, allowing people to go their own way, but also letting things role off your back.

I did read some of the old testiment whle studying to write a paper on gay Marriage, and a very interesting one to read for me was the story of Sodom, becaue of the different translations of the story. on said that they brought the three men to them, so that they could "know them," while other texts said, "rape them." I believe the translations were hebrew verses greek and english.

lost_bard

#4 Post by lost_bard » 30 Jun 2007 11:53

well,i'm jewish anb i must say the bible is the best book ever written.
the bible contain numerous wisdom and justise stories,it contain the great idea of interaction between the very first days of the world till the end-days vision.

pepole might think only about the genesis but there's more then genesis,much much more,
in order to get the whole idea you have to read all the bible books
[including:torah(Pentateuch,Instruction),neviim(Prophets) and ktuvim(Writings)]

i suggest u'll read the jewish bible,not beacuse im jewish
Christianity born and develop from Judaism long time after the Judaism was very developet(even jesus himself was jewish btw)
the hebrew bible was found as the sourse of all other monotheism religions.(islam,Judaism and Christianity)
only the references is different in any religions.
for example the christians belive in love to god,islam belive is suffer in order to respect god and in judaism belive in making all gods laws(most of them is belive in god and achieve justice)

yeah,its a great fascinating book.
(btw,my favorite book is kings II)
"Goodbye my friend
I found you at the end
I say Goodbye to all
Goodbye my friend
thanks for your helping hand
I say Goodbye to all my cries
just say Goodbye"

Giberelina

#5 Post by Giberelina » 30 Jun 2007 22:57

But for what I remember, and sorry for my ignorance, after the exodus the story bases in the social and politic problems of the jews right? Are there some mythological elements like the ones that Spectrum was asking for? Hmm, David vs Goliath comes to my mind.

Spectrum

#6 Post by Spectrum » 01 Jul 2007 22:25

lost_bard wrote:well,i'm jewish anb i must say the bible is the best book ever written.
the bible contain numerous wisdom and justise stories,it contain the great idea of interaction between the very first days of the world till the end-days vision.

pepole might think only about the genesis but there's more then genesis,much much more,
in order to get the whole idea you have to read all the bible books
[including:torah(Pentateuch,Instruction),neviim(Prophets) and ktuvim(Writings)]

i suggest u'll read the jewish bible,not beacuse im jewish
Christianity born and develop from Judaism long time after the Judaism was very developet(even jesus himself was jewish btw)
the hebrew bible was found as the sourse of all other monotheism religions.(islam,Judaism and Christianity)
only the references is different in any religions.
for example the christians belive in love to god,islam belive is suffer in order to respect god and in judaism belive in making all gods laws(most of them is belive in god and achieve justice)

yeah,its a great fascinating book.
(btw,my favorite book is kings II)
I don't think you quite get the point of my post: I don't want "wisdom", I want cool myths.
- Spectrum
Some guy from [url=http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0360.html]the Order of the Stick[/url] wrote:Did someone apply the "Half-Moron" template to your base creature?

Ulonden and Ariel

#7 Post by Ulonden and Ariel » 05 Jul 2007 05:00

Ah, sory. The bible is so hard to chop up, if you know what I mean. there our so many elements and pieces to it. It is hard to narrow it down.

Mialith

#8 Post by Mialith » 05 Jul 2007 10:25

Your best bet is to pick up seperate "Old" and "New" Testaments. You can buy (or receive from CONversion artists) NTs seperately because of Christian one-sideness, while any Judaica bookstore/dept. in B&N will sell you a Tanakh, a Jewish Bible, either a direct from Hebrew translation or a side by side. This elimantes the stupid mistakes that resulted in, amond other things, Moses crossing the Red Sea (he didn't) and the part about killing witches (the original says 'thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live')

And buddy, the basis of "cool myths" are the wisdom, the cultural values they depict. Or did you sleep throuh HS English? If you want a cool story without the wisdom, watch TV.
Weiter, weiter, wir gehen vorwaerts

Ulonden and Ariel

#9 Post by Ulonden and Ariel » 05 Jul 2007 22:10

fyi, the jewish bible is called the Tora, and you would need to find it translated.

Spectrum

#10 Post by Spectrum » 05 Jul 2007 22:14

Mialith wrote:Your best bet is to pick up seperate "Old" and "New" Testaments. You can buy (or receive from CONversion artists) NTs seperately because of Christian one-sideness, while any Judaica bookstore/dept. in B&N will sell you a Tanakh, a Jewish Bible, either a direct from Hebrew translation or a side by side. This elimantes the stupid mistakes that resulted in, amond other things, Moses crossing the Red Sea (he didn't) and the part about killing witches (the original says 'thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live')
I don't want to buy a Bible. I have one. I just need to figure out what parts to read. (I am not going to read it in its entirety, it's far too long for that.)
- Spectrum

t.a.j.

#11 Post by t.a.j. » 05 Jul 2007 23:42

My favourite bible stories are the whole Egypt part, and the conquest of Canaan that follows. Full of genocide, mass rape and magic, the story of Yob (or Job or Hiob) (but that one mostly for philosophical reasons, it just shows in a very beautiful way how the judeo-christian god concept fails, and finally of course Revelation, which is just juicy and very metal ;)
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Spectrum

#12 Post by Spectrum » 05 Jul 2007 23:45

Yeah, I read the Revelation as the first thing. That was pretty cool, albeit very cryptic and difficult to understand.

The Egypt-Canaan part you mention, which book(s) is that? Is it the Exodus?
- Spectrum

Mialith

#13 Post by Mialith » 06 Jul 2007 00:37

Larien Oranor wrote:fyi, the jewish bible is called the Tora, and you would need to find it translated.
No. Only the first five books (Genesis-Deuteronomy) are called the Torah. The Torah does make up the Ta- part of the Tanakh.
And bear in mind that a full OT/NT Bible is very likely to have errors.

The Epic shit?
The Torah has the juiciest bits, but Samson and Delilah is pretty cool too. Honestly you can peruse the Bible and probably find something of interest for someone almost anywhere.
Weiter, weiter, wir gehen vorwaerts

Hansi Smurf

Listen to what your Creator is saying to you.

#14 Post by Hansi Smurf » 31 Jul 2007 02:29

The Bible is advertised thruout the West as a book written word for word by the Creator, in order for the Creator to be rich on Earth should he ever show up again and need the money. As well, all churches are his own personal residences should he ever need a place to stay.

Webster's 1957 defines the Bible as guaranteed to provide divine revelatory experience.

To best remember being there, try Genesis up thru and including Noah, and enjoy too the trials and tribulations of the Israelites during their 40 year forced march with the Creator in Numbers. These recently provided me quite a satisfying emotional payoff.

Thanks to interbreeding, the whole earth's human population is now subject to having witnessed both these historical eras via Mitochondrial Memory Storage.

Your fellow biomechanically predestined Levite,

Mike.

Spectrum

Re: Listen to what your Creator is saying to you.

#15 Post by Spectrum » 31 Jul 2007 03:13

Graham Superstar wrote:The Bible is advertised thruout the West as a book written word for word by the Creator, in order for the Creator to be rich on Earth should he ever show up again and need the money. As well, all churches are his own personal residences should he ever need a place to stay.

Webster's 1957 defines the Bible as guaranteed to provide divine revelatory experience.

To best remember being there, try Genesis up thru and including Noah, and enjoy too the trials and tribulations of the Israelites during their 40 year forced march with the Creator in Numbers. These recently provided me quite a satisfying emotional payoff.

Thanks to interbreeding, the whole earth's human population is now subject to having witnessed both these historical eras via Mitochondrial Memory Storage.

Your fellow biomechanically predestined Levite,

Mike.
You are losing your touch, Edward. This post was almost legible.
- Spectrum

the phantom menace

#16 Post by the phantom menace » 14 Aug 2007 03:43

Ok, so you've read Genesis, so you should focus (if you want some good "mythological" stories [I myself am a devote Catholic, so I'm not bad when it comes to the Bible]) less on the Gospels (it's odd coming from me to say not to focus on the Gospels, but this has nothing to do with that) and a bit more on Noah and Jonah (or is it Jonas?). If getting swallowed by a giant whale isn't good enough for you, then I suggest you not read the Bible for it's "mythological" content.
ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

www.myspace.com/okonski007

MetalorD

#17 Post by MetalorD » 15 Aug 2007 20:11

you guys talking bout religion !!! i'm not christian i'm muslim!! and i want to know something Bout the Bible : why there ae Many versions ov this holly book round the world ?? i mean there are some similarities but the rest is pretty different !!
it proves that it's has been modified by christian churchs or what ???

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Spectrum

#18 Post by Spectrum » 15 Aug 2007 20:50

MetalorD wrote:you guys talking bout religion !!! i'm not christian i'm muslim!! and i want to know something Bout the Bible : why there ae Many versions ov this holly book round the world ?? i mean there are some similarities but the rest is pretty different !!
it proves that it's has been modified by christian churchs or what ???

Dude, please cut down on the exclamation and question marks. You don't have to have them in every sentence. And use only one at a time.

To answer your question: There are many different translations because in Christianity (Protestantism at least) there is some tradition of translating the Bible into regular, modern language so that it can be read and understood by regular people and not only scholars. (In contrast, I believe that both Judaism and Islam have a tradition of NOT translating their holy scriptures.) And, of course, translations are, by their very nature, imperfect and approximate.

There is also the issue of the Apocrypha. There are a number of "books" that are considered "apocryphal", and whose status in the Bible is disputed. Some people believe that the Apocrypha (or a subset of them) should be in the Bible, while others believe that they should be omitted. This issue is further complicated by the fact that new Apocryphal writings are discovered from time to time, writings which some people would argue are just as important as some of the other books that are in the Bible.

There may be more issues still, but these are what I can think of.
- Spectrum

MetalorD

#19 Post by MetalorD » 15 Aug 2007 21:14

got the message dude ;)

back to the topic:
there is some tradition of translating the Bible into regular, modern language so that it can be read and understood by regular people and not only scholars
it sounds good, but, don't ya think that the traslation changes the main idea,cause it's really what happens when you translate al quran(i mean some parts of it)? i guess it's he same for the Bible

Spectrum

#20 Post by Spectrum » 15 Aug 2007 21:26

MetalorD wrote:got the message dude ;)
Thanks. :)
MetalorD wrote:back to the topic:
there is some tradition of translating the Bible into regular, modern language so that it can be read and understood by regular people and not only scholars
it sounds good, but, don't ya think that the traslation changes the main idea,cause it's really what happens when you translate al quran(i mean some parts of it)? i guess it's he same for the Bible

This is a complex theological issue which I am not competent to describe, but you can find a bit of information on the issue here at Wikipedia.
- Spectrum

t.a.j.

#21 Post by t.a.j. » 16 Aug 2007 02:57

MetalorD wrote: it sounds good, but, don't ya think that the traslation changes the main idea,cause it's really what happens when you translate al quran(i mean some parts of it)? i guess it's he same for the Bible

As any translator will tell you, translation is really rewriting in another language. You can imagine that each language is a toolset for expressing meaning, where the function of each tool is determined by how it is currently being used by any given community of speakers. You cannot just asume that for any given expression, there is an adequate expression with the same, or even a similiar meaning in another language, nor that expressions keep their meainings intact while the cultures that use them are changing.
In the end, wether you translate or not, original meaning is bound to get lost in time as cultures and ways of life and modes of speech change.
Translation does obviously increase the problem though.

Think about it, a lot of the meaning of words in set by contextual knowledge of the speakers, shared ideas and experiences. If I read a tale about hardship of life in the desert, my understanding, both emotional and intelectual, of those topics and thus the meaning of the story for me will be massively different from those of someone who grew up as a desert nomad. Furthermore, consider the sentence "he nodded" - knowing that "nodding" means to tilt one's head down on a straight axis explains almost nothing of the meaning expressed here. It is only because we have contextual knowledge about the social practice of nodding to express consent that we can understand it.

Thus, since meaning depends so much on social practice - i.e. culture - translation between different cultures, even languages, is bound to include a change in meaning.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Hansi Smurf

WHAT THE CREATOR IS SAYING TO YOU pt. 2

#22 Post by Hansi Smurf » 17 Aug 2007 23:26

Intermarry, do not complain, feel secure inside the Creation.

Obey me, I promise not to hurt you.

Come in my Kingdom at Will, you will never be wrong.

You will know me soon. The next Passover will be a Stopover.

Gah interjects - "Thanks for listening! Over and out!"

The Minstrel Knight LiGHT

#23 Post by The Minstrel Knight LiGHT » 18 Aug 2007 04:59

I remember one bible story you might like.

I forget what its called, and I think I may have mixed it up a bit, so can someone please correct me if I'm wrong? Anyways, it goes like this: Once upon a time there were a bunch of people living in harmony. One day, they decided that they wanted to go to the very heavens themselves and meet god. So they decided to build a tower or something. They were making quite a bit of progress. The tower was pretty high after a while. However, god got pissed or something, and decided to punish them. He knocked the tower down and spread all the living people apart. He then thought that if these people were ever to meet again, they would surely try the same thing. So he made them not understand each other, and that my friend, is how different languages came to be. And just like that, no one ever tried to build another tower that goes to the heavens ever again.

While not exactly "evil" or "cruel and unusual punishment", it certainly is unusual. Again, I think I have some of the story mixed up, but thats the gist of it.
The Minstrel Knight LiGHT wrote:I admit defeat to Traez

Spectrum

#24 Post by Spectrum » 18 Aug 2007 14:21

The Minstrel Knight LiGHT wrote:I remember one bible story you might like.

I forget what its called, and I think I may have mixed it up a bit, so can someone please correct me if I'm wrong? Anyways, it goes like this: Once upon a time there were a bunch of people living in harmony. One day, they decided that they wanted to go to the very heavens themselves and meet god. So they decided to build a tower or something. They were making quite a bit of progress. The tower was pretty high after a while. However, god got pissed or something, and decided to punish them. He knocked the tower down and spread all the living people apart. He then thought that if these people were ever to meet again, they would surely try the same thing. So he made them not understand each other, and that my friend, is how different languages came to be. And just like that, no one ever tried to build another tower that goes to the heavens ever again.

While not exactly "evil" or "cruel and unusual punishment", it certainly is unusual. Again, I think I have some of the story mixed up, but thats the gist of it.
Yeah, the Tower of Babel. It takes up only a page or so in the Bible, tho.
- Spectrum

Drazulfel

#25 Post by Drazulfel » 12 Sep 2007 16:55

"Some" Bible scholars (though many good men disagree) separate the Word into separate sections:

Epistles
The Law
History
Psalms
Poetry
Prophecy
Gospels

To me, it sounds like you're into kind of into prophecy. The books that fall into the "prophecy" category would be:

Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Ezekial
Daniel
Hosea (good book!)
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
Revelation

If it's the Old Testament histories that you're looking for (stuff like the great flood, Samson & Delilah, etc.) then you're talking about Genesis through Esther. Acts also tells the interesting history of the apostles, following the death and resurrection of Christ.

Again, if you just want to read prophecies and stories... there ya go. If you really want to understand what you're reading, you need to grasp the concept of "rightly dividing the Word", as per 2 Timothy 2:15. But, that goes far beyond the scope of a forum post. As an alternative, I'd suggest downloading e-Sword (a free electronic Bible) and download any of the free commentaries you can get your hands on. That'll help.
I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Blind_GuardiaNfan

#26 Post by Blind_GuardiaNfan » 17 Sep 2007 17:03

For a fantasy sense of it, even though this stuff actually happened:

Check out Job chapters 38 to 41.

Also check out Genesis chapters 1 through 3.

Also check out Revelation chapters 19 through 22.

Also check out Isaiah chapter 14.
"Tomorrow, all will be known, and your not alone. So don't be afraid of the dark and cold. Cause the Bard's song still remain. They all will remain."

Giberelina

#27 Post by Giberelina » 17 Sep 2007 17:39

Hmmm... you believe that this happened. :wink:

Steppenwolf

#28 Post by Steppenwolf » 17 Sep 2007 20:43

So, how is your reading going?
Truth Might be Changed by Victory!

"I was riding my skateboard and I tried to go right and the board decided to go left and I just tried to stop my falling with my right foot"

http://www.last.fm/user/Boicote/

Psycho69

#29 Post by Psycho69 » 17 Sep 2007 21:01

No one can reply- They are saying theire goodnight-prayers :P
Manowar! Mein Bier ist schon vader slayer!

Spectrum

#30 Post by Spectrum » 18 Sep 2007 00:35

Giberelina wrote:Hmmm... you believe that this happened. :wink:
Please don't start a religion debate.
Steppenwolf wrote:So, how is your reading going?
I read the Revelation, most of Genesis and the first half of Exodus. That's as far as I got, and I am not planning to read more right now. I might borrow the Bible at some later point and read some more.
- Spectrum

Psycho69

#31 Post by Psycho69 » 18 Sep 2007 10:23

Respect! Really.
I often supposed that a lot of what we read or listen to is "bible-inspired" in a way (what doesn`t have to mean religious) and sometimes I also thought of reading some parts, but I didn`t manage it so far. Usually my attempts are over just after I opened the book.
Manowar! Mein Bier ist schon vader slayer!

Hansi Smurf

the Competency of Type A (Adam/Tarzan)

#32 Post by Hansi Smurf » 20 Feb 2009 21:58

Isaiah 52:13

See, my servant will act wisely
He will be raised and lifted up and exalted
Just as there were many who were once appalled by Him -
His appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any other Man
His form marred beyond Human likeness

Now the nations must marvel at him
And the Kings of the Earth must shut their mouths because of Him

FOR WHAT THEY WERE NEVER TOLD THEY SEE,
WHAT THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD, THEY UNDERSTAND.

Hansi Smurf

Didactic Diggering

#33 Post by Hansi Smurf » 20 Feb 2009 22:02

Isaiah 55

"Come all of you who are thirsty, come to the waters;
And you whom have no money, come buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost."

Y'know, Hansi, Spectrum, if you and the rest of the West won't stop fucking around and playing Dungeons & Dragons, what will stop the still secret male fraternal orders from ethnically-cleansing you once they finish gapping you?

Draugwen

#34 Post by Draugwen » 20 Feb 2009 22:51

Y'know, Hansi Smurf, if you won't stop spamming forums with weird posts like that, what will stop the still secret male fraternal orders from ethnically-cleansing you once they finish gapping you? :roll:
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Cerbere

Re: the Competency of Type A (Adam/Tarzan)

#35 Post by Cerbere » 21 Feb 2009 03:23

Hansi Smurf wrote:Isaiah 52:13

Cerbere

Re: the Competency of Type A (Adam/Tarzan)

#36 Post by Cerbere » 21 Feb 2009 03:24

Cerbere wrote:
Hansi Smurf wrote:Isaiah 52:13

EDIT: WHY DONT PICTURES WORK??

Led Guardian

#37 Post by Led Guardian » 21 Feb 2009 03:41

BECAUSE THEY ARE DISABLED!!

READ FAQ!!
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Cerbere

#38 Post by Cerbere » 21 Feb 2009 05:02

anyway, the picture was a magic: the gathering card (anyone play that?) that said:

Thread Necromancer

ressurect target thread from page other than first. Post must be insane and not significantly contribute

Led Guardian

#39 Post by Led Guardian » 21 Feb 2009 18:01

Just link it like so
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Dentarthurdent

#40 Post by Dentarthurdent » 21 Feb 2009 18:57

If there's still someone interested in myth-like tales from hte bible, try the Book of Judges, chapters 13 to 16. There the story of Samson is told, a man who had invincible strength as long as his hair is not cut, which is also quite trve \m/
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Led Guardian

#41 Post by Led Guardian » 21 Feb 2009 22:11

That's the only important lesson in the Bible: Never let your girlfriend make you cut your hair. :D

Hansi Smurf

Draugwen the Inhuman

#42 Post by Hansi Smurf » 21 Feb 2009 23:25

Well Draug, there is such a thing as the God Mars, a semantic value system whom governs right. Hansi won't answer my challenge to proclaim himself 1%, digger, hippie, or any positive humanist value system at all.

My brain is greater than everyone elses here. I cannot be gapped by anyone and you know it!

Remember Draug, Hansi is an atheist, inhuman. His divinity entitlements via the ANATO disclosures are obviously a spontaneity caused by fluke, rather than Hansi's own bio-indigeneous values.

Hansi's values are predator, cannibalistic, and his love is a smokescreen designed to harm young Adam, ripping young Adam off, rather than smartening him up to the business of gross materialism and physical pleasure.

When my heart speaks, Draug, the brains of Hansi and the rest of the Bards are controlled by my biological superiority: thus, if Hansi won't admit to being pro-human and for anarchy, I'll have to use my One Ring to force Hansi and the rest of the West to commit suicide.

I challenge you Draug, to defend Hansi's money and entitlements.
Money and entitlements vs. self entitlement. Man Competancy. Draug defines himself as not a man, don't he?

Anyone whom calls my posts spam without mentioning postive humanist values, well Draug, what is it that they are really trying to say?

Draugwen

#43 Post by Draugwen » 21 Feb 2009 23:34

It's Draugwen for you :roll: And yes, I do indeed define myself as not a man. Usually.

the blue magian

#44 Post by the blue magian » 21 Feb 2009 23:40

what for the sake of love are you talkng about hansi-smurf????
i know i'm not one of the dumbest people around but i have absolutely no idea of what your talking aboute.

Dentarthurdent

#45 Post by Dentarthurdent » 22 Feb 2009 00:11

It's probably just spam. Very probable.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Led Guardian

#46 Post by Led Guardian » 22 Feb 2009 01:21

Dentarthurdent wrote:It's probably just spam. Very probable.
Definite.

Hansi Smurf

Proofed in Physic

#47 Post by Hansi Smurf » 22 Feb 2009 21:49

If you are to call Mike's messages spam, at least have the backbone and wisdom to write a thesis statement and accompanying paragraph illustrating your emotionally-intelligent responses to Mike's "Value's-of-the-60's-confirmed-or-no-food for-you" ethic.

Magion, your posts are full of broken english and spelling errors; you must be totally insane to define yourself competant.

Anyway, I have spied on Blind Guardian and their worthless fans long enough to declare them unfit to live anywhere but Hell (see, topsoil), and will now leave this abode of demons behind forever.

Ah, from now on, a life of never-ending sleeping in, a life where there is never a time when fucking ain't allowed, fit as Olympus, suntanned, relaxed, and Dungeon Mastering the psychedelic King of the West and his gap-science bloodbrother, Mars, God of War.

the blue magian

#48 Post by the blue magian » 22 Feb 2009 22:11

me insane how did you gues?? but that was not what i'm asking and yes i know that i make spelling mistakes and my posts are full of broken englis but that is also not something what i was asking.
besides what have spelling to do with beeing smart???
i may not be good in something but that doesn't mean that i'm stupit.
and if you think so then it's your problem and not mine. juge yourself before you juge others man

Led Guardian

Re: Proofed in Physic

#49 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Feb 2009 01:38

Hansi Smurf wrote:Magion, your posts are full of broken english and spelling errors; you must be totally insane to define yourself competant.
You spelled competent wrong. :lol:

Draugwen

#50 Post by Draugwen » 23 Feb 2009 17:07

He also spelled 'Magion' :roll: