Comic Books

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Baby_Kürsch

Comic Books

#1 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 16 Mar 2007 22:21

I was wondering how people here read comic books???
The comics I am currently into are...

Supreme Power
Supreme Power - Hyperion Mini Series
Supreme Power - Hyperion vs Nighthawk
The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger Born
The Walking Dead
The City of Others
The New X Men
Arkham Asylum Living Hell

I also have on order a comic book adaptation of Clive Barkers The Theif of Always, one of my favorite books as a child and still as an "adult".

Anyone else into any comics??
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

Skyclad

#2 Post by Skyclad » 17 Mar 2007 00:48

I've beena comic collector for 20 years or so, though my collecting has really dropped off in these last years. I'm a big fan of The Preacher, Faust, Lobo, Batman, Poison Elves, Lady Death, Evil Ernie and Vampirella. HBO is turning The Preacher into a series, I can't wait to see it.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Baby_Kürsch

#3 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Mar 2007 01:59

My boss used to read comics when he was a kid all the time. He is always telling me to get the Preacher comics.

I am also looking for the tradepaper back Dead World series but have been unable to find it because it is out of print.

MacMoney

#4 Post by MacMoney » 17 Mar 2007 14:11

I've read the Marvel stuff when I was a kid. Mostly X-Men and Spider-Man though since those were the only two that got released here regularly for a long period of time. There were some Fantastic Four and Avengers issues at times as well and the Finnish X-Men did include some of the vol 1 New Mutants and vol 1 Excalibur as well. These days, I read the on-going series of Exiles and New Excalibur. Both X-Men and Spider-Man lost me when the dark age of comics began.

Most of what Alan Moore writes is pretty excellent, especially Watchmen was just amazing, miles above most comics. His Top 10 series is great as well. Bill Willingham's Fables is an interesting take on real life fables and the art is stellar on the first seven issues at least. The X-Men stories Dark Phoenix-saga and Inferno are both very fascinating, though Inferno set the precedent for the numerous resurrections of Jean Grey and the watering down of the events of Dark Phoenix-saga as well. Don Rosa's duck comics are another favorite of mine. His art is so superior compared to any other duck artist and his humor is much more mature as the condescending humor of other duck writers of today.

I've read the first two tradeback of The Preacher and while it was a decent read, it failed to grab me. I keep wanting the main characters to die a painful death.
I think I must be doomed
for I don't feel at all well.

solidus

#5 Post by solidus » 18 Mar 2007 02:44

I'm reading Loveless, Gintama and Mr. Fullswing. If i set aside enough money i'll buy XXXholic or Blade of the immortal series.
And then there was silence
Just a voice from the otherworld
Like a leaf in an icy world
Memories will fade

Hansi Smurf

oh my!

#6 Post by Hansi Smurf » 22 Mar 2007 21:05

I collected comic books avidly from 1983-1999, when I sold my collection for a measly $700 to pay off credit card problems!

FF was my numero uno, and I spent alot of money buying the old Lee/Kirby back issues, just before I sold out! 41-100 minus 48, the first two Masterworks, some 20's and 30's, very few in the 100's, hard to find in town for some reason, and 180-418 complete.
My favorite single issue is annual # 4, featuring the origin of Doc Doom, a reprint of the second and biggest Thing-Hulk battle (unbelievable!), a Silver Surfer solo story, and a battle between Johnny Storm and his Golden Age Android name-sake.

I also had most of the Marvel Two In Ones, and the Thing 1-36.
Rom 1-75, an almost complete set of Micronauts, the entire Byrne-era Superman franchise, about 20 or so X-Men, and the list might go on and on. About 4 or 5 long boxes worth.

If you like comic books and talking trash, I recommend "the Slings and Arrows Comic Book Review Guide", an awe-inspiring historical review of most every book published since Action # 1! Some of the writers there seem to have spent a dozen lifetimes reading comic books! It's in the Winnipeg Library system, so you might want to check it out in your own home town's free reading pile too!

My favorite book publishing now is "Conan" from Darkhorse, which promises an entire Conan saga, from a birth to a death. I dig the Cary Nord art, and Kurt Busiek's writing is par excellance!

I'd buy it today, but I hate selling my favorite comic books to smoke weed with, so I stick with whatever comes in at the 'brary.

Baby_Kürsch

#7 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 06 Apr 2007 09:01

The Runnaways is also really good. I have a buddy stationed in Germany who told me about it, i got the first 2 trade papers backs and they are awsome!

Bellfast

#8 Post by Bellfast » 07 Apr 2007 06:46

My favourite graphic novel series is undoubtedly the “Sandman” by Neil Gaiman. If you are looking for something a little bit morbid that functions as escape literature with actual intellectual value, this is the perfect outlet.

Also, if you are a fan of the kind of “film noir” style comics, Frank Miller may be a good choice. He wrote the original “Sin City” and “300” comics that have since been made into movies.
The many men, so beautiful!
And they all dead did lie:
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.
-Coleridge, 1798

Hansi Smurf

PROVIDENCE

#9 Post by Hansi Smurf » 10 Apr 2007 23:09

I sat thru 500+ pages of 1957-61 Green Lantern Adventures in a B&W SHOWCASE reprint, free at Cornish Library Winnipeg, some time ago now. Despite it having been a dry read, it still had it's Christian Values.

The writer reminded me that Duty to One's Country was an important part of one's own Moral Character, and further reminded me that in the past, the Lines and the Officers manning them had been seen by even me, as being as much a part of the Lord's ascending and descending will for us, as Eating and Drinking, or Listening to the Bards follow the will of the One!
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 13 Apr 2007 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

apo

#10 Post by apo » 12 Apr 2007 14:23

hellboy for ever excellent comicbook :)
DON'T ACCEPT ANYTHING WITHOUT THINKING

Xavier13

#11 Post by Xavier13 » 13 Apr 2007 01:52

Now, I am definitely not very familiar with comic books, but I'll tell you one thing...Spawn, is AWESOME!

As for the aforementioned Sandman series, they are unbelievably good...totally addicting in every way. Some great lines in it, too.
Here rests his head upon the lap of earth
A youth to fortune and to fame unknown.
Fair Science frowned not on his humble birth,
And Melancholy marked him for her own.
Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard, Thomas Gray, 1751

Hansi Smurf

Iron Man

#12 Post by Hansi Smurf » 13 Apr 2007 23:38

Essential Iron Man V.2 (or was that 3?) was half-bad.

Tony Stark lost his electricity every match, but managed one last punch for a finish, 12 page issue after 12 page issue, and the volume has near 500 pages!

Whitney Frost and Jasper Sitwell were excellent support!

Gene Colan's art is half bad at times. You just wish he was drawing something more horror or crime oriented, very atmospheric.

Jack Kirby is a very famous artist, and the guest shot he drew here shows us all why! Sub-Mariner vs. Iron Man as presented in this volume is fantastically rendered, and as a Kirby freak, I'd place it among the best I've ever seen!

Plenty of commie-bashing.

Livare

#13 Post by Livare » 15 Apr 2007 21:27

My favorite finite series as of now would be Sandman, Transmetropolitan, Preacher and Y: The Last Man. I love Vertigo, yeah.

I also enjoy reading graphic novels, like Craig Thompson's Blankets and Carnet de Voyage (which is actually most like a travel chronicle), The Crow by James O'Barr, or Neil Gaiman's Sandman: Endless Nights.

And I'm following the aforementioned Y: The Last Man, Crossing Midnight (pretty cool fantasy series by Mike Carey, it has this Japanese folk tales-meet Sandman style), American Virgin, Runaways, New X-Men, Ultimate Spider-man, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. I've been thinking about picking up The Dark Tower, which sounds pretty awesome.

(NP: Porcupine Tree - Idiot Prayer)

---
lost reverie
Soundclick | | MySpace | | Last.fm
---

Hansi Smurf

The Mandarin's Karate

#14 Post by Hansi Smurf » 16 Apr 2007 22:29

If you dig martial arts like I do, you'll be pleased by karate's perfomance
inside Stan & Gene's "Iron Man" classics.
You'll see good ole' shell-head bounce bullets, bazookas AND blasts, that'd normally incinerate billionaire industrialist Tony Stark instantly! But match him up against the psychological-chops of the Great Terrorist, the Mandarin, and it's "normal man's karate-chops shred Stark Iron" time, bards! Quite appealing to us karate practioners I assure you! Quite normally Tony has to use judo to save himself from a madman inspired by his success, but I'm still wanting to see a normal-man karate fight vs. the Hulk sometime soon!

Tony the Billionaire weapons manufacterer has a bad heart from a schrapnel wound, and nearly dies every third or fourth installment, rather than merely running out of armor-power. It was amusing to be Mike Baker reading the stuff, and suddenly being found upset for Tony's health in a realistically concerned manner! I figure Stan Lee wanted Tony to be a figure to inspire debate concerning dangerous killingry manufacturing, hence Tony's schrapnel wound weakness!

Iron Man comes across as a wrestling cartoon issue after issue, much like some but not all of Stan Lee's own FF, and the overlarge wrists and forearms by Gene Colan mirror Jack Kirby's own style.

The Unicorn was the best written villain by far, searching for a cure for his illness, while struggling to maintain his powers.

Enjoy Iron Man v.3 at your library for free if they'll let you, and if your interested in Marvel's original run of successful publications from the 60's or 70's, check out their Essentials, quite an affordable read actually, even for me, especially on half-price day!

Baby_Kürsch

#15 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 20 Apr 2007 23:08

Fable! Has anyone read this series?? I picked up the first issue of a new series the other day and I was really surprised. Also John Constantine - Hell Blazer along with Rise of The Dead!

MacMoney

#16 Post by MacMoney » 21 Apr 2007 08:43

Baby_Kürsch wrote:Fable! Has anyone read this series?? I picked up the first issue of a new series the other day and I was really surprised.
Try reading the posts.
I think I must be doomed
for I don't feel at all well.

Piro

#17 Post by Piro » 21 Apr 2007 13:35

For comics, I mostly only read manga.

Flunitrazepam

#18 Post by Flunitrazepam » 01 May 2007 23:23

Currently reading John Constantine: Hellblazer and Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. Love 'em! :D

Frostbeule

#19 Post by Frostbeule » 04 May 2007 15:33

Neil Gaiman's The Sandman is great. Pure genius. Dark and bleak atmosphere, cool characters (Delirium!).

mit sandmännchenigen Grüßen
Der Jan.
Fire... Walk... With Me...

Baby_Kürsch

#20 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 05 May 2007 02:04

Livare wrote:My favorite finite series as of now would be Sandman, Transmetropolitan, Preacher and Y: The Last Man. I love Vertigo, yeah.

I also enjoy reading graphic novels, like Craig Thompson's Blankets and Carnet de Voyage (which is actually most like a travel chronicle), The Crow by James O'Barr, or Neil Gaiman's Sandman: Endless Nights.

And I'm following the aforementioned Y: The Last Man, Crossing Midnight (pretty cool fantasy series by Mike Carey, it has this Japanese folk tales-meet Sandman style), American Virgin, Runaways, New X-Men, Ultimate Spider-man, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. I've been thinking about picking up The Dark Tower, which sounds pretty awesome.

(NP: Porcupine Tree - Idiot Prayer)

Dont just think about it get up and do it! I love the DT Comics, they art work is BEAUTIFUL and the story line is great!!! I got the 4th comic yesterday and have already read it twice. Its a great series and hopefully after the first 7 they will put out more.

I also picked up the second issue of The City of Others by Dark Horse which is a pretty good horrror comic but if you dont really like horror comics then I wouldnt suggest picking it up.

Baby_Kürsch

#21 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 10 May 2007 07:46

Big comic book sale this weekend and i get paid tomorrow!! YAY!!!!

Baby_Kürsch

#22 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 May 2007 23:04

Today your comic books are brought to you by the letter F!!!

Hansi Smurf

In honor of the Letter "F"

#23 Post by Hansi Smurf » 18 May 2007 22:35

I can't remember the exact issue, but a certain Silver Age Lee/Kirby FF keeps springing to my mind from time to time.

The Sandman, Lord Bless 'em, decides he must kill the Fantastic Four, to prove his dominance to the World, and his old partners, the Frightful Four.

What is his new secret weapon, that all of us villains just know in our hearts will defeat "the World's Greatest Fighting Team"?

Remedial Science 101, of course!

hahahahaha!

Remedial Science 101. Reed and Ben both have Advanced Degrees in Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics, and fly thru deep space regularly in ships of their own design! It would seem that the Sandman must be either a complete fool, or an ironic and self-deprecating wrestling heel, right out of the World Wide Wrestling Federation!

I enjoy Stan Lee's old fiction. Quite humorous. He must have been an old-school New York Wrestlemaniac! Wouldn't it have be great if Dr. Graham Superstar could have convinced NYC Champion Bruno Sammartino to take Remedial English during his time off, and attempt a takeover of the Marvel Bullpen?

Sammartino vs. Stan, Jack, Sol and Marie. It'd probably end the same way as the Sandman's doltish attack. A quick jolt of suprise genius followed by a lazy and cowardly retreat back to MSG. Them nutty scripts and crazy layouts are just too much work for any illiterate immigrant from I- Bruise-Easy Italia to handle!

As for beating up defenseless Weaklings like me? Well, let's just say Doc Superstar testing his skills against any Champion Wrestler would be a dream come true!

Baby_Kürsch

#24 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 09 Jul 2007 20:25

Picked up the trade paper back of The House of M the other day and couldnt put it down. The Scarlet Witch reworks the fabrics of reality and changes the Marvel world forever. If you havent read it i urge you to go pick up a copy.

Lutra

#25 Post by Lutra » 10 Jul 2007 18:32

I've never been a big fan of comics, but I do like some of the darker stuff. I've been getting into Vertigo's comics more and more. The V for Ventetta graphic novel is pretty good, and WE3 is a real tear jerker. It's probably the only thing I've ever read that made me cry.
All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

Hansi Smurf

Return of the Comic Book

#26 Post by Hansi Smurf » 02 Mar 2009 02:32

I started buying the brand new HULK & Fantastic Four, both published by Marvel Comics.

HULK ain't half bad when "Judo-Throw" Frank Cho's pencilling it, splitting the book in half with the "improved a lot since I last viewed 'im" Art Adams. (Cho = Red Hulk, Adams = Green Hulk)

I started at issue #9, and bought the back issues due to my interest in "the Mystery of the Red Hulk". Me? I figure Red Hulk is Major Glen Talbot from the old HULK series, being ridden by Surt, Norse God of Fire and Destruction, hence, the madder Red Hulk gets, the hotter Red Hulk gets!

Ed McGuiness started the series as penciller, and he's pretty good at rendering the Iron Man guest shots that start the series off, but Frank Cho's She-Hulk, Valkyrie and Thundra facials and physiques are the most statured and racially powerful women I've ever seen in a Marvel Comic Book, ever!

Bryan Hitch draws Fantastic Four, and I'm really enjoying his rather sombre style, but I find he and the aforementioned McGuiness both draw panels and pages that I the observer find incomprehensible and quick-pace ruining.

Something for the Bards to look out for in May from Aspen Entertainment: DELLEC. This one's a cerebral religious comic book about a futuristic sci-fi normal man hero, who discovers that God Himself exists, and that He has created Evil in the world in order for His uninitiated men and women to feel relieved when He saves them from it!
DELLEC's gonna fight God to end His evil and His initiation. Full Disclosure and smartening up to the business: Great theme DELLEC!

Hansi Smurf

DELLEC # ZERO

#27 Post by Hansi Smurf » 28 May 2009 22:18

Psychedelic.

Dellec.

Not much action or much of the title character in the just released Dellec # Zero. Hopefully #1, releasing itself sometime in late July, will pick up the pace!

Cerbere

#28 Post by Cerbere » 03 Jun 2009 00:43

My favorite comic is Spawn. Im reading Watchmen right now. Its pretty good

DiehardBGfan

Re: Comic Books

#29 Post by DiehardBGfan » 10 Jul 2009 01:11

Well, lol I have 20 fav comic books.

ABC Warriors
Judge Dredd
Rogue Trooper
X-men
Blade
Ghost Rider
The Punisher
Spider-Man
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
From Hell
Batman
Sin City
Ronin
The Spirit
The Crow
Spawn
Hellboy

On the other hand I love comic books and I read them quite alot, Aside from my 20 favs I listed I do read alot of Transformers comics.

Little Dragon

#30 Post by Little Dragon » 10 Jul 2009 14:36

x-men: which one? all of them? there are alot.... old ones, new ones, some in a different timeline, some about single mutants like wolverine, etc. pp.
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

DiehardBGfan

#31 Post by DiehardBGfan » 11 Jul 2009 19:39

Little Dragon wrote:x-men: which one? all of them? there are alot.... old ones, new ones, some in a different timeline, some about single mutants like wolverine, etc. pp.
I'm more a fan of the new stories, I also like single mutant stories as well such as Wolverine.

Livare

#32 Post by Livare » 13 Jul 2009 22:50

A few days ago I read a three-part (as of now) series called Blacksad, by Spanish authors Juan Díaz Canales and Juanjo Guarnido. It's basically a noir/detective book, and the characters are portrayed as anthropomorphic animals; its interesting to see the animals' species reflected in their role and personality: Dogs as policemen, rats as liars, snakes as deceivers, albino animals as Nazi-like organizations, and the main character himself; a clever and curious cat. Most of the female characters are almost human-looking, tho, but anyway.

The stories are fun to read and pretty well done but the real focus in Blacksad is the art itself, which is absolutely stunning, dark and detailed. A lot of the panels include a massive amount of little stuff here and there. The action sequences are fluid, intense and brilliantly executed by artist Guarnido (he actually works as an animator for Disney, and some of the characters might remind you of the style found in some Disney films).

Blacksad is a great and entertaining read, and I really recommend it. Here are some samples of the art:

http://letrasennegro.files.wordpress.co ... eus-01.jpg
http://gatofucsia.net/images/creativos/ ... ad_05b.jpg
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sublimeacid ... lanche.jpg
http://multimedia.fnac.com/multimedia/i ... 9657_5.jpg

Also, Alejandro Jodorowsky's work on comics is really worth checking out, specially the Metabarons saga.

---
lost reverie
Soundclick | | MySpace | | Last.fm
---

Hansi Smurf

An Ode to Super-Villainy

#33 Post by Hansi Smurf » 01 Aug 2009 21:42

Dr. Doom's on Christ's throne
The Red Skull, he has invaded our homes
Bringing with him, the Red Ghost, and his free-loving rapes
And the Crusher Creel and his Absorbing Man strengths
Surt, God of Fire, has burned us down
To feed all the worms down in Hel's ground

And when the Molecule Man has finished, and he has reassembled you
Sabretooth will then butcher you back into chow
For the Wrecker and his Wrecking Crew

I'll fight for my life (3X)
just -
Bring on the Bad Guys!!!!!

The physic of Galactus has assimilated total-mass, full
Meanwhile our spirits live on in the psycho-realm of Nightmare still
Where Baron Mordo hast slain Dr. Strange
Freeing the feet of the Mindless Ones to tred heavy our crust-crushed regenebrains
Dread Dormammu has cast upon us a Shadow of eternal mockery and eternal shame
An eternal life-in-Dormammu, trapped inside the eternal body, of the eternal One, Eternity

Though Thanos should attack with a Null-life Bomb
Or Korvac with the Ultimate Nullification of All
The Grandmaster has made our torments a part of a bet
And though one day we'll destroy him that bet's not over yet!

I'll fight for my life (3X)
just
Bring on the Bad Guys!!!!!
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:08, edited 4 times in total.

Hansi Smurf

Still buying DELLEC

#34 Post by Hansi Smurf » 10 Sep 2009 01:00

Iss. #1 of Aspen's DELLEC failed to continue where #0 left off!
Great splash page finale however, and wonderful cover art too.
#2's probably onsale in Winnipeg right now! I hope it won't sell out before payday!

In other news, I picked up "Metalocalypse - Dethklok vs. the Goon", and am looking forward to collecting the forthcoming "Metalocalypse the Series", the former and latter both published by Dark Horse. If you've never watched "Metalocalypse" do some research and buy the DVD's - NOW!!!

(free plug) Comics America - Winnipeg's Best Comics Newstand!!!

Hansi Smurf

The Abolition of Peers, Councillors and Advisors

#35 Post by Hansi Smurf » 18 Sep 2009 00:42

Sold off my meagre collection of everything collectible.

The global artists, sellers and Mass ARE criminal. They have not been willing to accomplice me here, or anywhere, in immediately eliminating borders, wars, locked-doors, ID's, cash-accounting, police and all other forms of protection rackets, courts, schools, jails, hospitals, old-folks homes.

They are also criminal in not to a body supporting Man and his monotheistic conservative values either.

When these physical facts confront you the reader, you will be able to see that the Speeched, majorily, DO NOT deserve society, being merely predator carnivores, all of whom will Under Oath, call Our God and His values, trash-talk, hot-air, nonsense.

Survive then animals. As for me and my body, I am post-industrialized, free of both energy and pollution/environmental concerns, and the only body globally who must be legitimately recognized by you all as God.

Hansi Smurf

Why I Hate Today's Fantastic Four

#36 Post by Hansi Smurf » 23 Oct 2009 21:54

It makes sense to me for the FF to be portrayed as timeless immortals, rather than as trash-talking contemporary hollow-men such as today's Mark Millar would have them.

Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic was born in 1891. Dr. Doom is a contemporary. The Thing was born in 1900. Sue Richards in 1937, Johnny Storm her younger brother and once ward, 1947.
All of these characters have legal birth-certificates from their respective federal jurisdicitons.
Just think of how high the rank of the never-to-be senile Ben Grimm must be inside the United States Armed Services! Certainly Reed and Ben outrank even the President, given the seeming biological power of Eldership inside the Mass!

The longevity of the FF compared to the still standard life-expectancies of most readers should be important, and the continuity should never appear broken or re-hashed like it continues to be. Me? I was told in Canadian Grade 11 biology to expect to live for at least 500 years, and I'm sticking to it and eternity!

On the positive side of Millar's FF? Glad to see good ole' Doc Doom put the Invisible Woman to death for breaking his consent! And the coloring is very atmospheric and grown-up appearing too: nice!

Sad to say that Marvel's paper-stock, while very good for brilliant and wonderful color, is just too fragile to be good for readers or collectors! During my year-long return to collecting, just about every mag I bought had a wrinkled and ruined page on the inside, and plenty of razor thin white-lines right thru delicious artwork and script, and right on the covers too! Personally, if I published Marvel Comic Books, I'd still print 'em just like they did in 1981. More collectible, more atmospheric, and certainly a helluva lot cheaper!

Me? I breakdown and script "Thor: King of the Universe" starring Green Hulk, Red Hulk, A-Bomb,
Colossus, Thundra, the Thing and of course, Thor. It's based upon the script inherent in the early 1980's "Dungeons & Dragons" adventure outlines and rulebooks: clearing Earth's "monsters", establishing Earth as Thor's stronghold, attacking the Universe, winning, clearing the Universe's monsters and establishing Universal Government by Thor, destroying the entire population of the Universe, building the All-Jail, resurrecting all the dead back to life inside the All-Jail, climbing Yggdrasil, achieving immortality, and at last becoming, all seven of 'em, Star-Gods, akin to Eternity.

The epilogue features mere men reading Creator's "Holy Bible", and seeing God, Lord God, God Most High, the Mighty One of Israel, the Strong Arms of the Lord, the Sovreign Lord, and the Lord, as the caste bodies of Thor and his fellows "the Dungeon Party".

Thor = fighter for king, Green Hulk = Cleric and party founder, Red Hulk = the Thief, the Thing = the Magic-user, Thundra = the Elf, the Thing's apprentice and bodyguard, Colosuss = the Halfling and Red Hulk's stooge, A-Bomb = the Dwarf, Thor's second, but of course all-fighters they will be, and all more or less, just as strong as one another.

At last, a comic book about strength alone ruling, and to hell with people who don't already believe the bigger the muscles, the more Moral the Character!

Fuck Stan Lee. In the Third Eye he still calls peoples biological expositions of creativity a rip-off to be sued, rather than fine-art as good as any! I alone rule. I alone exist. The rest of you will never confirm to possesing inner-being whilst sworn in and under oath, so fuck yah!

Hansi Smurf

Vader's Doom...

#37 Post by Hansi Smurf » 13 Nov 2009 21:30

Wow. My treatment for a meeting between Marvel Comic's "Dr. Doom" and Lucasfilm's "Darth Vader" exploded last weekend into "Marvel Wars"; I just finished plotting 3 full episodes, and by God, they are pretty good. Admitedly "Marvel Wars" sounds pretty lame and second best, but the very colorful images and the unique and highly anticipated encounters make for some very pleasurable "brain-smiles."

Next Iss: "Darth Sidious vs. Spider-Man!" Nuff' said!

Lilyael

#38 Post by Lilyael » 13 Nov 2009 22:56

I would like it better if you did Arse-face vs Spidey. Arse-face had a reason for not living, Spidey has a reason for not dying. You can't go wrong there.
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

Gends

#39 Post by Gends » 16 Nov 2009 23:51

Transmetropolitan, The Sandman and Fables, I like those three pretty much, though I'm not really keen on Eastern comics, but into manga (Fullmetal Alchemist anyone?).
Oh, I almost forgot: Superman, the Red Son, just AWESOME.

Hansi Smurf

The United States and the Canadian Militarized Zone

#40 Post by Hansi Smurf » 15 Dec 2009 23:53

There is a Man named Creator, and his Chosen Nation is the United States.

From this profound statement I was able to intuit the following:

Toronto, Canada is actually the oldest city in the known Universe, called by most Americans, Metropolis, Superman's Town!
Archaeologists in the Toronto region should be able to discover that most of the masonry in Old Toronto (Metropolis) has a large "C" written somewhere upon their visible foundations, and that said masonry mysteriously cannot be carbon-dated, due to it's incredible, unbreakable nature!

Montreal = Gotham City, Batman's famous battleground!
Winnipeg = Keystone City, home of the Flash, the Fastest Man Alive!
Vancouver = Coast City, The Cosmically Famous Green Lantern Corps very first base of operations on Earth!

Canada, "the Canadian Militarized Zone", America, "the American Militarized Zone", two proud and fully-functioning security zones, both helping to further the health and cleanliness of the entire Union; seperated publically, and on purpose, so to avoid any communist-terrorist enemies from desiring to attack both areas at the very same time!

Who knows? Maybe one day Hansi Kursch, lead singer of Eastern Hemispherean musical group "Blind Guardian" will discover a personal relationship with a Man Named Creator, and he too will be found to live in yet another "United States Militarized Zone", one so filled with divine lunatic cults, that most residents consider the Western Hemisphere a region of colonists, anarchists and fugitives from the East, rather than the much saner reality that they are Men, in truth, created and released into the Earth's very own General DNA Stock, and from out of Creator's vats, Moment Zero, United States!?!

(Technically, the idea that there are, "unreported by America", secret-metropoli inside their own borders - now that would be a real cool revelation!)
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:10, edited 5 times in total.

Hansi Smurf

Hulk VS. Red Hulk #1

#41 Post by Hansi Smurf » 03 Mar 2010 23:28

The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he grows; the stronger he grows, the more Lifeforce Radiation he generates.
The madder Red Hulk gets, the stronger he grows; the stronger he grows, the more Deadly Heatforce Radiation he generates.

New life-form class: Generatingor

Now Hulk and Red Hulk are in a fight, causing ultrafast and nigh-limitless Cosmic Stature Advancements for all of life universally, and too, an Eternal Stalemate of Life's durability compared to the strength of Life's Physical Environment continues occuring as well.

God of Khartooms, Dr. Doom's first two uses of his powers, motived as they are by this Red/Green Hulk-based attack upon him are to 1. alter his consciousness to Level 10 Omniscience, and to 2. impose an Eternal and Unchanging Doom upon the sensum Universally. Once done, everything beneath Level 9 Omniscience is strangely, but instantly and safely, transported inexplicably into a mysterious new environ called, the All-Jail; this includes the Hulk.

Meanwhile, Red Hulk's rage just keeps getting hotter and hotter: hot enuff ta make even good 'ole Doc Doom start to sweat! Even Eternity and all the rest of the Marvel Universes' titanic Star God entities from Outer Space are all starting ta get mighty hot too, and all of 'em being cursed with wacky new powers and strange new forms! First everything went crazy from the Green Hulk's powers, now without him, all around the Red Hulk is starting to burn up into flames, save for the hotter and hotter appearance of the super-imposed dharma of good ole' Doc Doom himself!

"Nothing and no one is redeemed!" is all the Red Hulk keeps screaming and scrapping at all and everything with.

Inside the All-Jail, the Hulk has been re-rendered perfectly by All-Jail Rehabilitation; he even openly and easily professes himself to be both Perfect and Created. Hulk is then released from the All-Jail and into a perfect Leisure Hedonism, for to both relax, and for to do whatever Hulk wilt.

Outside the All-Jail, Dr. Doom uses his omnipotent Dharma-altering powers for to refocus Red Hulk's attacks exclusively upon the Star God Entities. He then begins to investigate the mysterious whereabouts of all of the Sublevel 10 Consciousnesses, hoping to find some super-powered body, Iceman! for to use as an air conditioner! Suddenly and to his dismay, he finds his omniscient and god-like self, trapped inside an inescapable cell, inside the All-Jail. But, Doom's body is still in trouble! The Red Hulk grows hotter and hotter inside of him: and it seems likely that Dr. Doom will soon spontaneously combust. Fortunately for Dr. Doom, he becomes perfectly cornered by the All-Jail's AI observations, that he has already been successful at achieving all of his super-villain goals; that in fact, he has won the game many, many times - so quite naturally, Dr. Doom agrees to both Red Hulk and the All Jail's psychological demands! He decidedly alters his own inner-being, and of his own freewill, to thus agreeably become, a Leisure Hedonist: giving up his psychopathic, Adventurerer Brain-Arrangements, so that at long last, Dr. Doom walks out of the cell that has been his life of super-villainy, and into Real Freedom, thanks to the much-satisfied All-Jail AI, and the much-satisfied spirit of the Red Hulk, too.
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:17, edited 6 times in total.

Hansi Smurf

Superman's Twin-Brother, Kil.

#42 Post by Hansi Smurf » 13 Mar 2010 23:29

Kil-El is a clone of Jor-El and Lara's own, Kal-El, Superman, made against Krypton's laws by aged Kryptonian genius Saya-Kil, who liked the Kal-El caste body's gene-profile enuff for to wish a mindless copy of it for himself, for to make a complete consciousness-dump from his own geriatric physic, and into an empty, new, and most perfect, replacement. But time was against Saya-Kil, and no amount of KGH would accelerate the growth of his new body fast enuff for him to avoid complete destruction viz his home-planets soon explosion.

The same technology gaps faced by Jor-El and his family now face Saya-Kil, whom like Jor-El, too, builds a matrix-ship, and too, launches his progeny into outer space, and too, towards a yellow star. Unlike Jor-El, however, Saya-Kil provides for his Kryptonian infant an onboard artificial yellow-sun radiation-feeder, thus making the infant incredibly powerful and incredibly intelligent, even as a new-planet arriving toddler. Too, the brain which will grow inside this other Superman will never have been the brain of an empty, imprint-seeking child. No, once fully past adolescence, this Kal-El duplicate will contain all of Saya-Kil's memories, experiences, wrestler's reflexes, vast repository of Kryptonian science, and, a fully-manufactured inner-sense of needing to use whatever means available in Universe, for to resurrect both the planet Krypton, and the great father, Saya-Kil!

Today, this child of Saya-Kil, brain-arranged for to pronounce himself towards all outer-being as Kil-El, has together with the Christian Apostles of his foster-world, Alderbaran, (yes, the Apostolic Mission of Technological Redemption exists all thruout the cosmos!) this fostered Aldabaran has taken control of that most Earth-like of planets via coup de tat, so that even now, Kil-El, called by His Apostles, Kil-El the Reedeemer, utters commands for surrender by all, from Alderbaran, via Universal Tranmitter, whislt the Alderbaran System's military-industry, upgraded to Universal Threat Power Levelings by what seems to be the spirits of the ancient Gods of Krypton themselves, begins producing arms and jails at a rate unimaginable for a mere American contemporary solar-system based culture for to achieve!

Now, the resurrection of the true Krypton, the resurrection of Superman's parents Jor-El and Lara, and even the resurrection of Adolph Hitler, and of all time and memory, all this seems closer to reality than ever, thanks to Kil-El and his father, Saya.

Stay Tuned.
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:21, edited 2 times in total.

NDS

#43 Post by NDS » 31 May 2010 17:13

Anyone in here who's into manga comic books? Any good suggestions?
I'm currently reading Bleach.
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

DiehardBGfan

#44 Post by DiehardBGfan » 05 Jun 2010 16:43

NDS wrote:Anyone in here who's into manga comic books? Any good suggestions?
I'm currently reading Bleach.
I can recommend some suggestions.

Berserk
Hellsing
Gantz
Claymore

Each of those have a superb story.

Hansi Smurf

Marvel Musings

#45 Post by Hansi Smurf » 23 Jul 2010 03:05

Mr. Fantastic has done it! He has made Stark Iron into an unstable process that accomodates his unbelievable ability for to stretch his entire body (or any portion of his body) to the nth degree!
Now, he is at long last, the Iron Fantastic, and his mission is to track down Stark Industry's own Golden Avenger, the Invincible Iron Man, so to challenge this unstretchable, much more rigid foe, and thus begin the long awaited race-war of Man vs. Fantastic!!!

Iron Man vs. Iron Fantastic!

What a whalloper!
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Hansi Smurf

More Unstable Stark Iron!

#46 Post by Hansi Smurf » 23 Jul 2010 21:13

Just imagine it! Commie super-villain, the Red Ghost, has also just discovered the incredibly sophisticated process of both Iron Man's armor, and the Fantastic Four's power-accommodating, unstable-molecule having costumes! Beware the Iron Ghost!!! (He can touch you, but you cannot touch him! He can touch magnetism, but magnetism cannot touch him! The best power, really!)

Holy Cats! Wolverine just became the Iron Claw! Professor X just renamed himself, Iron X!

And just to let you know, when asked, Wolverine stated that he'd rather be a Fantastic Wolverine, than an Iron Wolverine, just cuz he always wanted to be able to extend his deadly metal claws, all the way across rooms, or even all the way across football stadiums!

Nuff Said.
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Dante Aurelius

#47 Post by Dante Aurelius » 27 Jul 2010 21:47

at the moment I read many european comic books concerning scifi and fantasy-themes:

Alexandro Jodorowsky, Zoran Janjetov
Die Techno-Väter (Les technopères)

Brice Tarvel, Mohamed Aouamri
Die Füchsin (Mortepierre)

Scotch Arleston, Didier Tarquin
Lanfeust von Troy (Lanfeust de Troy)

Didier Tarquin, Christophe Arleston
Lanfeust der Sterne (Lanfeust des etoiles)

Jean-Louis Mourier, Christophe Arleston
Troll von Troy (Troll de Troy)

Anthony Jean, Mathieu Gabella
Das Einhorn (La Licorne)

During the last 20years (more or less) I collected many other series ... and read much more: Manga (Akira, Gunsmith Cats, Ghost in the Shell ...), several Marvel-Series and of course the typical "comics" like Tintin, Asterix, Lucky Luke, some Disney and much Star Wars-Comics ...

Hansi Smurf

The Old Man On The Mountain Cannot Recommend:

#48 Post by Hansi Smurf » 21 Sep 2010 00:16

Deleted by further research.

Coming Soon: "The World Famous Joe Thing Set!"
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 02 Nov 2010 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

Skyflat

#49 Post by Skyflat » 22 Sep 2010 21:21

Lucky LouK!!
Spider-Man!!
Arkkas!!
Last edited by Skyflat on 24 Sep 2010 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Hails from Cyprus!!!
http://www.Cy-Metal.com

Hansi Smurf

My Favorite Comic Book Sociopathology

#50 Post by Hansi Smurf » 24 Sep 2010 18:10

Reed Richards'll kill ta keep Sue all fer himself!

The Incredible Hulk, the Good Guy of his very own mag, just grabs Betty Ross, and keeps her, then he destroys all the chivalric bullies, such as, Iron Man, and the Army Corps, just like that!

Same with the Lord of the Jungle Tribes, Tarzan, and his own mate, Jane.

While I agree with what I said under "the marijuana" thread, viz mental age and zero sociopathology, I just can't understand why we Secularists, won't agree aloud together, that what I'm saying to you all here, is now the Universal Law, of our corrupt police, families, and justice departments?

Seems that that, Loving Man With The Gap, named Creator, surely you've heard of him? Seems ta me that he has defended me emotionally, by already having Neutralized you all, and even going so far as to lovingly bring you all back to life, but still you all fail to protect your own selves from what is traditonal Right Thinking, and the Law of the Gun!

The Writer looks up into the face of his Jah and says uncertainly, "...so, guiltless-bloodletting, huh...?"
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 02 Nov 2010 22:28, edited 1 time in total.