Comic Books

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Baby_Kürsch

Comic Books

#1 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 16 Mar 2007 22:21

I was wondering how people here read comic books???
The comics I am currently into are...

Supreme Power
Supreme Power - Hyperion Mini Series
Supreme Power - Hyperion vs Nighthawk
The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger Born
The Walking Dead
The City of Others
The New X Men
Arkham Asylum Living Hell

I also have on order a comic book adaptation of Clive Barkers The Theif of Always, one of my favorite books as a child and still as an "adult".

Anyone else into any comics??
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

Skyclad

#2 Post by Skyclad » 17 Mar 2007 00:48

I've beena comic collector for 20 years or so, though my collecting has really dropped off in these last years. I'm a big fan of The Preacher, Faust, Lobo, Batman, Poison Elves, Lady Death, Evil Ernie and Vampirella. HBO is turning The Preacher into a series, I can't wait to see it.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Baby_Kürsch

#3 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Mar 2007 01:59

My boss used to read comics when he was a kid all the time. He is always telling me to get the Preacher comics.

I am also looking for the tradepaper back Dead World series but have been unable to find it because it is out of print.
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

MacMoney

#4 Post by MacMoney » 17 Mar 2007 14:11

I've read the Marvel stuff when I was a kid. Mostly X-Men and Spider-Man though since those were the only two that got released here regularly for a long period of time. There were some Fantastic Four and Avengers issues at times as well and the Finnish X-Men did include some of the vol 1 New Mutants and vol 1 Excalibur as well. These days, I read the on-going series of Exiles and New Excalibur. Both X-Men and Spider-Man lost me when the dark age of comics began.

Most of what Alan Moore writes is pretty excellent, especially Watchmen was just amazing, miles above most comics. His Top 10 series is great as well. Bill Willingham's Fables is an interesting take on real life fables and the art is stellar on the first seven issues at least. The X-Men stories Dark Phoenix-saga and Inf