Toliken is a Racist.

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
takos

#51 Post by takos » 01 Apr 2007 10:57

CyDoN wrote:Read unfinished Tales and Silmarillion then come and talk to me again (we all know orcs were slaves just something i see that u r wrong on). You know very little about history too Edain.
Ok, orcs are slaves but slaves because the evil forced them and they can't come back anymore.. If you consider Tolkien as a racist, then I don't know many writers that aren't racist...

CyDoN

#52 Post by CyDoN » 07 Apr 2007 18:41

READ THE BOOKS THEN TALK.
Orcs were never forced to be evil they were created evil by Melkor. Read the books dont just watch the movies and assume the rest DOT ------> .
buhuhu :'( I cry and pull my hair this cant be...?
but why??
A Twist in the Myth it says on the front blind guardian! NOOOOOOO!!!!

Orodaran

#53 Post by Orodaran » 07 Apr 2007 20:07

Still, how does that relate to Tolkien being supposedly a racist, and why don't you answer back to gothic_elf?
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

takos

#54 Post by takos » 11 Apr 2007 11:59

CyDoN wrote:READ THE BOOKS THEN TALK.
Orcs were never forced to be evil they were created evil by Melkor. Read the books dont just watch the movies and assume the rest DOT ------> .
I have read the books...Orcs used to be elves but Melkor forced them to become what they are now....

And also why don't you answer back to gothic_elf???
____ 2festival 2008 _____

http://www.myspace.com/roundaboutgreece

Bardian

#55 Post by Bardian » 19 Jul 2007 05:10

Wait a minute guys, he's absolutely right! I don't know why I didn't see it before! Remember in FotR when Frodo and his friends are captured by an evil creature called a wight -- pronounced "white"? How more obvious can it be? Tolkien was clearly a racist and hated all white people. He was probably a member of the Black Panthers and friend of Malcolm X.

Steppenwolf

#56 Post by Steppenwolf » 29 Jul 2007 09:53

For sure :lol:
Truth Might be Changed by Victory!

"I was riding my skateboard and I tried to go right and the board decided to go left and I just tried to stop my falling with my right foot"

http://www.last.fm/user/Boicote/

Dreamflight

#57 Post by Dreamflight » 29 Jul 2007 15:28

How can topics like this exists is something beyond me.
End Of An Era about bullfights wrote:like my mother used to say: "quit playing with your food!"

huslan

#58 Post by huslan » 15 Jan 2008 15:39

ARDA IS NOT EARTH
MIDDLE EARTH IS NOT EUROPE

WAKE UP , TOLKIEN WROTE FANTASY !!!
Live by the truth ...
... and the truth will set you free!!!

Orodaran

#59 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jan 2008 14:33

That was really worth a necroposting.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Farinal

Re: Toliken is a Racist.

#60 Post by Farinal » 30 Jan 2008 20:17

CyDoN wrote:Toliken was a Racist

Facts

English
1. Elves = London Ppl :)
2. Scots = Dwarves
3. Irish = Hobbits

About White men and stuff like that

Humans are NEVER refered in the books are humans :)

Only like Men of the West and stuff like that.
The architechture of the Men of th West remindes us many things :)

Rohan its like old Welsh and Some Viking stlye as they are described.
Also
Orcs and all the other races like Uruk-Hai use weapons the Aryan ppl never used such ass Scimitars and they armors as again descriped in the books fit in Mongolian way while the Men of the West use armors like plate and chainmail.

Again they warefare and the strategy both use is also a prof of this.

White Mens base on Cuality of arms and always are less in the battles not just be shown as heroic but cause its the way most battles between Christians and Muslems where fought mostly during the crusades.

Uruk-Hai they dont know how to talk they are strong and dumb and use only muscular strength in their battles.

Orcs now are all fighting with each other whever they can and where also used by men as slaves during the beging of the third age where Sauron fell.

Orcs and Uruk-Hai remind me of black ppl cause this is the way that racists point at black.

Last Men of the East are wild NOT white and use Things like Bows Elephants and light armor due to the fact that they dont have much metal.

Only white men use horses.

White men live in the west ALL of them and dwarves live ine the South.

Finnaly during the years of Piracy in the Medditeranian Sea no white participated it was mostly made by Turks (remeber Barbarosa around 1800), Saracens and other islamic ppl.

The Minas Tirith Siege cannot remind us something else than the Siege in Constantinupole, also the way the battle was fought give us this conclution.
Read about it and u ll see.

Toliken is a Racist.

Thank u :D
I feel sorry for you :(

Kankra

#61 Post by Kankra » 31 Jan 2008 08:36

Tolkien discriminates against races created entirely by himself - of course he's racist!!!1

Väinämöinen

Re: Toliken is a Racist.

#62 Post by Väinämöinen » 06 Feb 2008 05:37

CyDoN wrote:Toliken was a Racist

Facts

English
1. Elves = London Ppl :)
2. Scots = Dwarves
3. Irish = Hobbits

About White men and stuff like that

Humans are NEVER refered in the books are humans :)

Only like Men of the West and stuff like that.
The architechture of the Men of th West remindes us many things :)

Rohan its like old Welsh and Some Viking stlye as they are described.
Also
Orcs and all the other races like Uruk-Hai use weapons the Aryan ppl never used such ass Scimitars and they armors as again descriped in the books fit in Mongolian way while the Men of the West use armors like plate and chainmail.

Again they warefare and the strategy both use is also a prof of this.

White Mens base on Cuality of arms and always are less in the battles not just be shown as heroic but cause its the way most battles between Christians and Muslems where fought mostly during the crusades.

Uruk-Hai they dont know how to talk they are strong and dumb and use only muscular strength in their battles.

Orcs now are all fighting with each other whever they can and where also used by men as slaves during the beging of the third age where Sauron fell.

Orcs and Uruk-Hai remind me of black ppl cause this is the way that racists point at black.

Last Men of the East are wild NOT white and use Things like Bows Elephants and light armor due to the fact that they dont have much metal.

Only white men use horses.

White men live in the west ALL of them and dwarves live ine the South.

Finnaly during the years of Piracy in the Medditeranian Sea no white participated it was mostly made by Turks (remeber Barbarosa around 1800), Saracens and other islamic ppl.

The Minas Tirith Siege cannot remind us something else than the Siege in Constantinupole, also the way the battle was fought give us this conclution.
Read about it and u ll see.

Toliken is a Racist.

Thank u :D
Who's Toliken?
"THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!" -Legolas

LOL

prongs

#63 Post by prongs » 18 Nov 2008 03:05

CyDoN first of all there's no way that you can know if u have any "non-greek" blood running in your veins,i mean ,no offence mate, but haow can you know that no grand-grand-grand-grand mother of yours had sexual relations with a Turk during those 400 years?Moreover i must tell you that orcs weren't created by Melkor(Morgoth) they were as Silmarillion states elves that were captured by the dark forces but that's not the real deal either,Orcs were once men that were attracted to Morgoth's powers,if u had read The History Of Middle Earth u would have known that,supposing that u haven't just try "Tale of Adanel" in google to see for yourself.

Now whether if Tolkien was a racist or not,i don't think that there is any hints in his books about that,on the other hand i believe that u see racism as something "devine" and so you are trying to find something to "cement" your ideas being a racist yourself such as trying to prove us that great men were racists,guys like you give Greece a bad name.
Ladies!!!!!!!....please avert your eyes....I've been known to hypnotise....

Draugwen

#64 Post by Draugwen » 20 Nov 2008 19:02

Okay, I aren't sure whether to laugh or cry at this... :shock:

But things have been sufficiently discussed here I think. gothic_elf, thank you. I loved your postings :D

@prongs: "Orcs were once men that were attracted to Morgoth's powers"
...uuuh... try an edit, mate.
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Joost

#65 Post by Joost » 30 Nov 2008 02:43

The saddest thing here is that the same person here, who accuses Tolkien of being racist (and fails to respond to the many good replies given in this topic) considers the thought of his blood being mixed with Turkish blood an 'insult'. Somehow I can't rid myself of the impression that he considers Turkish people 'non-white' and hence 'inferior'. Perhaps he should be first consulting a mirror before calling any other people than himself racist?
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

MAJESTIC12

#66 Post by MAJESTIC12 » 14 Feb 2009 04:41

Joost wrote:The saddest thing here is that the same person here, who accuses Tolkien of being racist (and fails to respond to the many good replies given in this topic) considers the thought of his blood being mixed with Turkish blood an 'insult'. Somehow I can't rid myself of the impression that he considers Turkish people 'non-white' and hence 'inferior'. Perhaps he should be first consulting a mirror before calling any other people than himself racist?
I am Turkish and last time i got out to street,people around me were pretty white :lol: And about that 'Blood' thing,in old ages Turkish lands were the land of Antique Greeks and after that Ottoman Empire controlled for a long time today's Greek lands so how can a man talk about pure blood after hundred years of mixed cultures
CyDoN wrote:I know my Tree my whole Tree dont ever insult me by telling me that i have my blood mixed with Turkish. I also know that one ancestor of mine was the Baron of Chania.
And i know that one of my ancestor was Steward of the Sultan of Ottoman Empire. So according to your allegations i am more noble than you. You should live with that i suppose. 8)

Balaak

#67 Post by Balaak » 14 Apr 2009 07:18

I have never heard of this Toliken character before but sounds like he totally stole Tolkein's shit.
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

Joost

#68 Post by Joost » 14 Apr 2009 11:13

Balaak wrote:I have never heard of this Toliken character before but sounds like he totally stole Tolkein's shit.
If you want to pull a joke, at least make sure you actually know how to spell Tolkien yourself. First the i, then the e.
-- Martin Walkyier

Ratatosk

#69 Post by Ratatosk » 14 Apr 2009 15:20

Are there a Toliken, a Tolkein and a Tolkien? WOW, who was first?
my keyboard is now clean

Balaak

#70 Post by Balaak » 14 Apr 2009 16:23

Joost wrote:
Balaak wrote:I have never heard of this Toliken character before but sounds like he totally stole Tolkein's shit.
If you want to pull a joke, at least make sure you actually know how to spell Tolkien yourself. First the i, then the e.
...I knew how to spell it but my left hand was moving faster than my right :oops: . I crushed my right hand at work the other day and it doesn't bend right now...

Also I'm a retard and don't read my work before it was posted.
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

Ratatosk

#71 Post by Ratatosk » 14 Apr 2009 23:12

It made a great joke though
my keyboard is now clean

Cerbere

#72 Post by Cerbere » 15 Apr 2009 00:45

prongs wrote:Orcs were once men
NO
fucking orcs were created before men came into the world. Melkor created them with Quendi he captured

quote directly from the fucking silmarillion:
Yet it is held true by the wise of the Eressea, that all those of the Quendi who came into the hands of Melkor, ere Utumno was broken, were put there in prison, and by the slow arts of cruelty were corrupted and enslaved; and thus did Melkor breed the hideous race of the Orcs in envy and mockery of the Elves, of whom they were afterwards bitterest foes.

gothic_elf
Location: The dark and depressed recesses of my highly disturbed mind

#73 Post by gothic_elf » 15 Apr 2009 02:18

Tolkien was actually a little blurry on that point (though I hold that they came from Elves as well): there were times when he wrote that Melkor twisted Orcs out of the Atani, as opposed to the Eldar--he actually more consistently held to that position (Orcs<Men) towards the end of his life. There do, however, happen to be more writings confirming Orcs<Elves, and it fit the rest of the opus better, so Christopher opted for that one. He makes note of this in several of the Histories of Middle-Earth.

It is certain that the great Orcs bred by both Saruman and Sauron towards the end of the Third Age had infusions of a human (and probably Rohirric) genome. This explains why they are larger, more powerful, and can endure sunlight with more proficiency: Fresh genes incorporated into a tired, withered, and corrupted genome will create a pronounced improvement (if geneplay, especially that intended to produce such an atrocious outcome can be referred to as 'improvement'); furthermore, Men came into the West with the dawn of the Sun. They were very much more Children of the Day than were the Eldar, the People of the Stars. Therefore, an infusion of human DNA into the Orkish bloodline might in theory likewise infuse a spiritual or 'magical' shield against the Sunbane (which of course affected all Melkor's monsters bred in darkness).

May I request that this inane topic, asinine in its origin and immediately and adequately refuted, cease in its bi-annual resurrection? It becomes exponentially more stupid every time it pops to the top of the list and I am forced to read the pseudonym, "Toliken". It would seem to me that CyDoN the Nefarious has been sufficiently slain.
I'm lost in the depths of his eyes
I can't flee
Inner pain caused insanity
It's deep within
The fear and the hunger
Enslaved and denied
By my love and my enemies
I'm the ill-gotten son

Kankra

#74 Post by Kankra » 15 Apr 2009 07:01

It's funny that you argue with DNA; which was all but known when Tolkien created the lord of the rings .p

Draugwen

#75 Post by Draugwen » 15 Apr 2009 15:25

This thing revives itself again and again, eh?
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Balaak

#76 Post by Balaak » 15 Apr 2009 18:23

Ratatosk wrote:It made a great joke though
Indeed it did. Maybe they were triplets and toliken was the only racist one...
Quote:

Ratatosk

#77 Post by Ratatosk » 15 Apr 2009 23:35

how can they be triplets with different surnames? explain that to me!!
my keyboard is now clean

Balaak

#78 Post by Balaak » 16 Apr 2009 03:01

Ratatosk wrote:how can they be triplets with different surnames? explain that to me!!
Thats just how it works.
Quote:

gothic_elf
Location: The dark and depressed recesses of my highly disturbed mind

#79 Post by gothic_elf » 16 Apr 2009 04:54

Kankra wrote:It's funny that you argue with DNA; which was all but known when Tolkien created the lord of the rings .p
DNA in detail was a far more obscure branch of knowledge in the 1940's than it is now, but if we accept the various species of the Legendarium as living beings, they undoubtedly have it. Tolkien would have at least known of the concepts of breeding and traits carrying through bloodlines, as that had been known for a great while beforehand. I cite DNA because it is the cause of this phenomenon, if it is not immediately evident.

Draugwen wrote:This thing revives itself again and again, eh?
Yes. Unfortunately.
I'm lost in the depths of his eyes
I can't flee
Inner pain caused insanity
It's deep within
The fear and the hunger
Enslaved and denied
By my love and my enemies
I'm the ill-gotten son

Joost

#80 Post by Joost » 16 Apr 2009 13:16

gothic_elf wrote:Yes. Unfortunately.
Now behold my mighty solution to this problem!
-- Martin Walkyier