Search found 33 matches

by Evelynn A. Bochs
17 Nov 2009 12:11
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: There s a new TSO-album out
Replies: 30
Views: 8109

Re: There s a new TSO-album out

Rejoice! *lets their Beethoven album resound loudly in her room*
by Evelynn A. Bochs
17 Nov 2009 12:08
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Now playing
Replies: 4052
Views: 993757

Re: Now playing

Blind Guardian - The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight
by Evelynn A. Bochs
27 Oct 2009 11:05
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Now playing
Replies: 4052
Views: 993757

Re: Now playing

Queensrÿche - Queen of the Reich
by Evelynn A. Bochs
23 Oct 2009 00:10
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

I agree on a lot of things you say. And it is true that the mid-class are the most vulnerable to it in a lot of Western countries. But aren't the middle class the largest class there is and are they therefore not the biggest part of the masses? If so, the masses would still be rather vulnerable. In ...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 18:49
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: FOUR WORD GAME!
Replies: 165
Views: 39500

Re: FOUR WORD GAME!

And now the sequel
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 17:16
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Now playing
Replies: 4052
Views: 993757

Re: Now playing

This is the first time ever that I met two people in one year that have actually heard of Stravinsky...

Still playing sacre du printemps
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 16:57
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Now playing
Replies: 4052
Views: 993757

Re: Now playing

Joost wrote:
Evelynn A. Bochs wrote:The Firebird - Igor Stravinsky
Now that's a great idea!
Why thank you. I see you are a man of great taste!

NP: Le sacre du printemps - Igor Stravinsky
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 13:20
Forum: Guardian of the Blind
Topic: Introducing Blind Guardian to a friend
Replies: 44
Views: 15183

Re: Introducing Blind Guardian to a friend

Mackasfour wrote:My first BG song was Time Stands Still and it was love at first sight
I can imagine. The song is magical ^^
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 13:19
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Jamiroquai
Replies: 10
Views: 4757

Re: Jamiroquai

If you can dance that is XD
And now it reminds me of the band Canned Heat and their song On the road again XD
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 13:18
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Now playing
Replies: 4052
Views: 993757

Re: Now playing

The Firebird - Igor Stravinsky
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 13:16
Forum: Site and Forum
Topic: Emoticons - I WANT MORE!!!!
Replies: 20
Views: 11674

Re: Emoticons - I WANT MORE!!!!

I'd like to suggest the Domo emoticon ^^
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 13:15
Forum: Guardian of the Blind
Topic: Introducing Blind Guardian to a friend
Replies: 44
Views: 15183

Re: Introducing Blind Guardian to a friend

As suggested, I've introduced one of my LOTR-freaky friends to Nightfall in Middle Earth, now I couldn't get him away from it if I had a baseball bat with a rusty nail in it! Another friend, who is not into metal at all, got introduced to Time stands still (which she liked because of the sing-a-long...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
21 Oct 2009 13:08
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

I do not claim that people can be controlled or described by a mere stimulus-respons theory, but I do believe that they are vulnerable to: - first impressions (direct or indirect) - stimuli from the media (traditional and new media) - the superficial Most people do not have the disposition to critiz...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
20 Oct 2009 13:31
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

Evelynn A. Bochs wrote: Actually, having obtained a degree in communication management, I can (for once) pretty confidently say that the theory of ignorant masses is still fully operational. So you should know that all adminstrative theories were further disconsidered because they had superficial s...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 23:25
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: FOUR WORD GAME!
Replies: 165
Views: 39500

Re: FOUR WORD GAME!

Orodaran wrote:Because that's what life is all about, dying.
But do you consider death to be the end?
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 23:06
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: FOUR WORD GAME!
Replies: 165
Views: 39500

Re: FOUR WORD GAME!

Now Mr Dent, how come you're so obsessed with death and the end?
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 22:38
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Jamiroquai
Replies: 10
Views: 4757

Re: Jamiroquai

Damn...I ought to start saving up for a walking cane then!

What Jamiroquai song do you like best?
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 22:35
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: FOUR WORD GAME!
Replies: 165
Views: 39500

Re: FOUR WORD GAME!

lol @ end of an era

Let's try this again, shall we?

The little pink flamingo...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 22:28
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Because words matter (Lyrics thread)
Replies: 130
Views: 102718

Re: Because words matter (Lyrics thread)

This song is by an industrial rock band named KMFDM. They're an awesome band and this is one of their most 'inspirational' songs. "Dogma" All we want is a headrush All we want is to get out of our skin for a while We have nothing to lose because we don't have anything Anything we want anyway... We u...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 22:06
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

Though I do wonder how you can turn voting into a priviledge. By making a kind of pre-vote "test", like those for the driving license, in which the would-be voter has to prove through selected questions that he has an understanding of the socio-political situation of his nation and what issues he's...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 21:58
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

Evelynn A. Bochs wrote: Because as we all know, the masses are ignorant and they cannot look past the exterior of a person. That's a communication theory already proved wrong. Maybe not wrong, but, at least, not so simple as that. So any argument sustained by this hypothesis is kind of retrograde. ...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 21:37
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

The biggest flaw with democracy is that they made voting a right and not a privilege. Giving the power to choose to the masses is quite a big mistake since the masses are stupid. I'm sure our good friend philosopher Hobbes would agree with you on that. Also the more people are required to make a de...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 15:24
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Recommend me some music
Replies: 57
Views: 14671

Re: Recommend me some music

Heh then how should I feel? The closest thing we've got to a metal radio in Belgium is a station that goes all out when playing Blink182 >.< And note that touring bands always seem to skip us. At least in Britain, you get some bands on tour. ^-^ Like Shinedown... Anyhoo this is a Turisas song: Rex R...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 14:41
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Recommend me some music
Replies: 57
Views: 14671

Re: Recommend me some music

Korpiklaani is awesome ^^
Do you by any chance know Turisas as well?
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 14:30
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: Define Someone Else IV - A New Spam
Replies: 4951
Views: 671702

Re: Define Someone Else IV - A New Spam

^ should proudly sing Monty Python's spam song
by Evelynn A. Bochs
19 Oct 2009 14:28
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Recommend me some music
Replies: 57
Views: 14671

Re: Recommend me some music

I'm not sure how 'metal' this suggestion is, but I like Timeless Miracle. The first song is "The Voyage". It's in two parts. This is the first ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPTqK1Otssc The other song has a more of a sing-a-long chorus. The Gates of Hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rGiguSZY...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 23:37
Forum: Guardian of the Blind
Topic: Introducing Blind Guardian to a friend
Replies: 44
Views: 15183

Introducing Blind Guardian to a friend

I have a couple of friends that are curious about the bands I listen to. So I thought it would be a good idea to introduce them to my all time favorite band. Now the question is: What song is suitable for a first introduction? Should I go for the somewhat less intense Time Stands Still, the powerful...
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 23:23
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: Define Someone Else IV - A New Spam
Replies: 4951
Views: 671702

Re: Define Someone Else IV - A New Spam

^ immediately strikes me as an intelligent person
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 23:21
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Jamiroquai
Replies: 10
Views: 4757

Re: Jamiroquai

Does his career last 15 years already? I cannot honestly be that old! And it is very possible that the hat consumed him whole! Or Godzilla got to him.
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 20:46
Forum: Guardian of the Blind
Topic: Songs you want to hear in the next album tour
Replies: 15
Views: 5484

Re: Songs you want to hear in the next album tour

Hm does it have to be 3 songs per album?
Incidentally, I've noticed you haven't mentioned A Twist in the Myth.
Not a fan?
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 20:41
Forum: Imaginations from the Other Side
Topic: Jamiroquai
Replies: 10
Views: 4757

Re: Jamiroquai

I only know a couple of songs by Jamiroquai but the songs I do know are quite entertaining. I like "Deeper Underground" especially, the clip as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vrZcjtiGI

The actual song starts after about a minute.
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 20:36
Forum: The Slaughterhouse
Topic: Define Someone Else IV - A New Spam
Replies: 4951
Views: 671702

Re: Define Someone Else IV - A New Spam

^ has a pretty name
by Evelynn A. Bochs
18 Oct 2009 20:02
Forum: Coffee Shop
Topic: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders
Replies: 51
Views: 13973

Re: The prestige of a nation given by their leaders

From a public relations point of view, I would say that it is imperative for a leader to maintain a consistent and positive image towards his own people and the rest of the world. The main reason is that in times of crisis he will need the support of the people and the international community. Shoul...